View Poll Results: List the Top 5 2022 Summer Movies by US Box Office

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6)

29 93.55%
  • The Bob's Burger Movies (May 27)

0 0%
  • Top Gun: Maverick (May 27)

18 58.06%
  • Jurassic World Dominion (June 10)

27 87.10%
  • Lightyear (June 17)

25 80.65%
  • Elvis (June 24)

1 3.23%
  • The Black Phone (June 24)

1 3.23%
  • Minions: The Rise of Gru (July 1)

14 45.16%
  • Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8)

30 96.77%
  • Paws of Fury (July 15)

1 3.23%
  • Nope (July 22)

3 9.68%
  • Bullet Train (July 29)

1 3.23%
  • DC League of Super Pets (July 29)

0 0%
  • Bodies, Bodies, Bodies (Aug 5)

0 0%
  • Other (Put your pick in Comments)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Strange
    Lightyear
    Thor
    Jurassic
    Maverick

I am regretting not picking Maverick.

It's not my fault, my mother didn't like me or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Top Gun was the #1 grossing movie of 1986 and it wasn't particularly close.

Many many 40 something dads out there eager to introduce their sons to the latest and greatest advertising from the US Navy
    I will see this 5 times minimum .

Bought tickets for Top Gun on the 26th at 3pm. First show on opening day. I haven’t looked forward to a movie this much in a long time.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Uh oh... I may have chosen poorly when it comes to my 5th vote.

Early word is that Top Gun Maverick blew away the crowd at CinemaCon this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I am regretting not picking Maverick.

It's not my fault, my mother didn't like me or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I will see this 5 times minimum .
    Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Bought tickets for Top Gun on the 26th at 3pm. First show on opening day. I haven’t looked forward to a movie this much in a long time.
    Pile it on the to the losers!

While I do think it will be in the top 5, there's lots of reason it was my 5th, and why it has me nervous. Jason spelled out most of them. Regardless of the good audience review he pointed out, this movie has been sitting in the Green Room for like 2 years, and that's not always a good thing. I know why they did it, but there's building suspense and then there's "Did it finally come out? I literally saw that trailer 2 years ago. Is Tom Cruise even still alive?"
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

While I do think it will be in the top 5, there's lots of reason it was my 5th, and why it has me nervous. Jason spelled out most of them. Regardless of the good audience review he pointed out, this movie has been sitting in the Green Room for like 2 years, and that's not always a good thing. I know why they did it, but there's building suspense and then there's "Did it finally come out? I literally saw that trailer 2 years ago. Is Tom Cruise even still alive?"
    Feels longer than that. I’m halfway expecting the opening credits to be black and white footage of Corsairs flying off the deck of the USS Hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

I've been waiting 30+ years for the sequel. Another couple years doesn't change a thing.

This is bigger than when chris pine star trek came out.i wasnt expecting that to be that good.i bought into it. Im a bit afraid ive overhyped this in my head a bit.

Feels longer than that. I’m halfway expecting the opening credits to be black and white footage of Corsairs flying off the deck of the USS Hornet.
    I take a ride in a p51 on the 20th .1.5 hr flight . I tried to find a yak 3 to fly in but thats near impossible.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I take a ride in a p51 on the 20th .1.5 hr flight . I tried to find a yak 3 to fly in but thats near impossible.
    Ooooh, how awesome! Don't get Goosed!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

What an amazing opportunity! Report back after the flight. I’d love to hear how it goes. Hope you have a great time.

Went with Strange, Top Gun, Jurassic, Lightyear and Despicable Me. Hard not to pick Thor, but the last two Thor movies were disappointing, and I think DMe will have a huge kids turnout. My dark horses are Nope and Bullet Train, both of which look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    Went with Strange, Top Gun, Jurassic, Lightyear and Despicable Me. Hard not to pick Thor, but the last two Thor movies were disappointing, and I think DMe will have a huge kids turnout. My dark horses are Nope and Bullet Train, both of which look great.
    The last Thor movie was almost universally loved by fans and critics -

"Thor: Ragnarok premiered in Los Angeles on October 10, 2017, and was released in the United States on November 3, 2017, as part of Phase Three of the MCU. The film received praise for its acting and Waititi's direction, as well as the action sequences, visual effects, musical score, and humor, with many critics considering it to be the best installment of the Thor films. It grossed $854 million, becoming the highest-grossing film of the trilogy and the ninth-highest-grossing film of 2017."

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post

"Thor: Ragnarok premiered in Los Angeles on October 10, 2017, and was released in the United States on November 3, 2017, as part of Phase Three of the MCU. The film received praise for its acting and Waititi's direction, as well as the action sequences, visual effects, musical score, and humor, with many critics considering it to be the best installment of the Thor films. It grossed $854 million, becoming the highest-grossing film of the trilogy and the ninth-highest-grossing film of 2017."
    Don't bet against Waititi, he knows how to make entertainment. I really hope he gets a Star Wars movie, he did wonders with his Mandalorian duties.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post

I.. enjoy Marvel movies. I don't seek them out. I prefer to watch them if I'm home sick or can't sleep.

Having said that Thor: Ragnarok wad a friggin gem.

I saw it shortly after it came out. And rewatched it a few weeks ago (MrsMtnDevil was out of town). It's a really fun movie. I laughed out loud in spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I.. enjoy Marvel movies. I don't seek them out. I prefer to watch them if I'm home sick or can't sleep.

Having said that Thor: Ragnarok wad a friggin gem.

I saw it shortly after it came out. And rewatched it a few weeks ago (MrsMtnDevil was out of town). It's a really fun movie. I laughed out loud in spots.
    Jeff Goldblum will be back in Thor: Love and Thunder.

Jeff Goldblum has never been in a bad movie.

Fight me.

Ok, he was in Johnny Depp's Mortdecai, which was awful, but other than that he has never been in a bad movie. Wait, Independence Day: Resurgence was pretty bad. Oh and he was in that abomination that was The Great White Hype.

Ok, Jeff Goldblum is usually not in a bad movie. Sometimes.

Anyway, Thor Love and Thunder is a mortal lock to be in our top 5. Not even up for debate.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jeff Goldblum will be back in Thor: Love and Thunder.

Jeff Goldblum has never been in a bad movie.

Fight me.

Ok, he was in Johnny Depp's Mortdecai, which was awful, but other than that he has never been in a bad movie. Wait, Independence Day: Resurgence was pretty bad. Oh and he was in that abomination that was The Great White Hype.

Ok, Jeff Goldblum is usually not in a bad movie. Sometimes.

Anyway, Thor Love and Thunder is a mortal lock to be in our top 5. Not even up for debate.
    So Goldblum will be in two top 5's this Summer. Impressive.

For folks who want to read it, my 100-word review of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is up: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2022/0...r-strange.html

The film is a ton of fun and really embraces the horror. Elizabeth Olsen is amazing and almost steals the movie.

It is going to do boffo boxoffice and I hope Sam Raimi gets to put his imprint on many more Marvel movies!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

For folks who want to read it, my 100-word review of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is up: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2022/0...r-strange.html

The film is a ton of fun and really embraces the horror. Elizabeth Olsen is amazing and almost steals the movie.

It is going to do boffo boxoffice and I hope Sam Raimi gets to put his imprint on many more Marvel movies!
    Eeee… starting reading, but looked spoiler-ific!

Gotta say, not happy about Rami taking over. My ten year old son is a huge marvel guy, and it sounds like this movie will a) be important and b) be totally inappropriate for him

And yeah, Ragnarok was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Eeee… starting reading, but looked spoiler-ific!

Gotta say, not happy about Rami taking over. My ten year old son is a huge marvel guy, and it sounds like this movie will a) be important and b) be totally inappropriate for him

And yeah, Ragnarok was fantastic.
    No spoilers beyond the very basic plot. I don't mention anything that isn't shown in the first 20 minutes of the film. The trailers have revealed more than I do.

But I get it. It is a fun movie to see without knowing what is happening and I recommend not getting spoiled.