Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Flip could be a guy that is a huge asset on O due to his size and ball handling ability, but a huge liability on D.
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Way too many big questions about this team to even assume they’ll be in the tournament.
    Oh, puhleeeese. I don't really bet any more, but I'd probably put almost any amount on Duke making the 2023 NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Based on what?

Oh, puhleeeese. I don't really bet any more, but I'd probably put almost any amount on Duke making the 2023 NCAA tournament.
    So asking a legit question

Are these our guesses at position? so far

PG - Roach Jnr and ??
    SG - Schutt Fr top 50. Jaylen Blake sophomore. ( no,PT yet. Top 100 ish?). Joey Baker Senior but D lacks
    SF - Dariq Whitehead Fr top 5 recruit and ? Joey Baker?
    PF - Mark Mitchell freshman top 30 and ??
    C - Derek Lively freshman top 5 and Kyle Filipowski fresh top 10

To me it appears we need at least another 1/2 guy - love a proven SHOOTER at P6 !!

Also a 3/4 that is a great P6 player wing 6”7’ guy to be with Mark and Dariq

Question - are all the transfers in or when do they have to be in portal by??
    Last edited by gofurman; 04-24-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    So asking a legit question

Are these our guesses at position? so far

PG - Roach Jnr and ??
    SG - Schutt Fr top 50. Jaylen Blake sophomore. ( no,PT yet. Top 100 ish?). Joey Baker Senior but D lacks
    SF - Dariq Whitehead Fr top 5 recruit and ? Joey Baker?
    PF - Mark Mitchell freshman top 30 and ??
    C - Derek Lively freshman top 5 and Kyle Filipowski fresh top 10

To me it appears we need at least another 1/2 guy - love a proven SHOOTER at P6 !!

Also a 3/4 that is a great P6 player wing 6”7’ guy to be with Mark and Dariq

Question - are all the transfers in or when do they have to be in portal by??
    May 1 is the transfer portal entry deadline. So, no, we don’t know all the transfer candidates yet.

As for the roster, I would consider Filipowski a likely starter at PF. I think we probably need another guard/wing (preferably one who can handle and shoot), and ideally we would add a backup PF.

If Keels decides to come back, that would address the need on the perimeter. Alternatively, I would expect us to land a transfer. And I would hope for a veteran backup PF/C transfer as well.

The roster as is would be a good team, but would be VERY inexperienced. And in a lighter than usual recruiting class and an older than normal landscape, being freshman-heavy feels suboptimal. So hopefully we either get Keels back or add a starter from the transfer market. Someone like AJ Green would make a LOT of sense if Keels isn’t coming back.

Roster "as is" would be tough to see as a FF team.

In addition to being extremely young/inexperienced there will also be the pressure for Scheyer to match what Davis did in his first year. And I'm afraid he'll be given little slack by fans and media due to the fact that he has the top recruiting class coming in, even though said class isn't uber NBA talented.

It's starting to feel like the deck is stacked against us a bit next year unless Keels comes back and/or we hit on a few transfers.

We have 3 of the top 5 guys coming in next year.

Yet there’s all this hand-wringing about this being a down year and these recruits not being Uber NBA talented.

It’s kind of funny and sad how spoiled our fan base can be.

Look, I’m a vocal proponent of bringing in more 4-star multi year guys but this is a juggernaut of a recruiting class at every position except PG where we have a star Jr returning.

After coach identifies a couple of portal transfers, and or Keels return, we will be a preseason top 10, maybe top 5, team. Embrace it!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Roster "as is" would be tough to see as a FF team.

In addition to being extremely young/inexperienced there will also be the pressure for Scheyer to match what Davis did in his first year. And I'm afraid he'll be given little slack by fans and media due to the fact that he has the top recruiting class coming in, even though said class isn't uber NBA talented.

It's starting to feel like the deck is stacked against us a bit next year unless Keels comes back and/or we hit on a few transfers.
    Well... I don't think I saw this earlier... but it's a look at the 2010 team and how no one pictured them as National Champs, and how Jon Scheyer lead that team...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzw25KH42II

I think we need to see how things shake out... especially with new Coach S. I'm very optimistic. GO DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Well... I don't think I saw this earlier... but it's a look at the 2010 team and how no one pictured them as National Champs, and how Jon Scheyer lead that team...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzw25KH42II

I think we need to see how things shake out. I'm very optimistic. GO DUKE!!!
    After G declared and Elliot transferred we were left with 2 guards on the roster. Never seen the same level of dismay on the boards since then.

Then Dawkins reclassed and Curry blew up in practice for us...