Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

2022-23 Schedule stuff

The field for the Phil Knight Legacy tournament over Thanksgiving has been announced. Pretty good field!!

https://goduke.com/news/2022/2/15/me...ht-legacy.aspx

The eight-team men's bracket, comprised of elite Nike-sponsored teams includes the Blue Devils, along with Florida, Gonzaga, Oregon State, Portland State, Purdue, West Virginia and Xavier.

The 2022 event features eight men's teams, while four top women's teams – Duke, Connecticut, Iowa and Oregon State – will also compete in a four-team bracket.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Have heard some whispers we may be in the Jimmy V Classic at MSG next year as well

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Have heard some whispers we may be in the Jimmy V Classic at MSG next year as well
    You are correct:
    https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/post...g-01fvzfh9cn9s

Duke MBB 2022-23 Schedule

A couple of big announcements came today revealing highlights of the 2022-23 non-conference schedule. We already know that Duke will face Kansas in the Champions Classic. Duke also announced that it will be in the "Legacy" bracket of the PK85 tournament in Portland, OR. Later in the day, we learned that Duke and Texas will be two teams in the Jimmy V Classic at MSG in NYC.

November 11 (I think): Duke vs. Kansas, Indianapolis, IN
    November 24-27: PK85 Legacy Bracket, including Duke, Florida, Gonzaga, Oregon State, Portland State, Purdue, West Virginia, and Xavier, Portland, OR
    December XX: Jimmy V Classic, featuring Duke, Texas, and two other programs, New York City
    December XX: ACC/B1G Challenge at Duke vs. TBD (Purdue appears to be out of the running b/c of the PK85. Wisconsin, Indiana, or perhaps we play a game at MSU as payback from 2020 would be my guesses).

Quite the start for HCIW Scheyer's first month on the job.
    Last edited by DavidBenAkiva; 02-15-2022 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Oops, didn't notice the existing thread already.

Well this is weird. ESPN has a press release out with a different lineup. No Duke.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...-invitational/

"Men’s teams competing in PKI include Alabama, Iowa State, Michigan State, North Carolina, Oregon, Portland, UConn and Villanova."

"The women’s PKI field features Iowa State, Michigan State, North Carolina and Oregon"

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Well this is weird. ESPN has a press release out with a different lineup. No Duke.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...-invitational/

"Men’s teams competing in PKI include Alabama, Iowa State, Michigan State, North Carolina, Oregon, Portland, UConn and Villanova."

"The women’s PKI field features Iowa State, Michigan State, North Carolina and Oregon"
    I remember there being two brackets of 8 team each last time.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    A couple of big announcements came today revealing highlights of the 2022-23 non-conference schedule. We already know that Duke will face Kansas in the Champions Classic. Duke also announced that it will be in the "Legacy" bracket of the PK85 tournament in Portland, OR. Later in the day, we learned that Duke and Texas will be two teams in the Jimmy V Classic at MSG in NYC.

November 11 (I think): Duke vs. Kansas, Indianapolis, IN
    November 24-27: PK85 Legacy Bracket, including Duke, Florida, Gonzaga, Oregon State, Portland State, Purdue, West Virginia, and Xavier, Portland, OR
    December XX: Jimmy V Classic, featuring Duke, Texas, and two other programs, New York City
    December XX: ACC/B1G Challenge at Duke vs. TBD (Purdue appears to be out of the running b/c of the PK85. Wisconsin, Indiana, or perhaps we play a game at MSU as payback from 2020 would be my guesses).

Quite the start for HCIW Scheyer's first month on the job.
    Seriously. Buckle up Jon! No easing out of the gate for this career.

I hope he’s got the management skills to pull this off.
    Carolina delenda est

Is the Jimmy V one game or two?

Quote Originally Posted by summerwind03 View Post
    I remember there being two brackets of 8 team each last time.
    That is correct. Two 8 team mens brackets and two 4 team womens brackets

Better link: https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33296248/phil-knight-invitational-legacy-basketball-events-expanding-include-women-brackets

Front Page:First game Jacksonville

Jacksonville lost the NCAA Championship in 1970 to a UCLA team lead by Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe
    , held at the University of Maryland's court in College Park Maryland.

Sooooo, does this mean there is no Champions Classic next year to open the season? Or does this mean that there is a Champions Classic and Duke isn't playing in it (for the first time)? I sure hope to hell we're not being replaced by the cheating bastards from down the road.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Men's Basketball Schedule 2022-23

Jacksonville is saying that it will be playing a game at Cameron this season -- date unspecified -- and that it will be their first game of the season. I suppose the Jacksonville game will be just after Duke's match-up with Kansas in the Champion's Classic on Tuesday, November 15. Perhaps the Jacksonville game will be on Friday, November 18 or Saturday, November 19.

We also know that Duke will be playing in the PK85 Tournament in Portland from November 24 to November 27 with Gonzaga, Florida, Oregon State, Portland State, Purdue, West Virginia, and Xavier in Duke's side of the tournament.

Jacksonville

Artis Gilmore and Pembrook Burrows III aren't walking through that door.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    We also know that Duke will be playing in the PK85 Tournament in Portland from November 24 to November 27 with Gonzaga, Florida, Oregon State, Portland State, Purdue, West Virginia, and Xavier in Duke's side of the tournament.
    IL, Purdue, OSU, Rutgers, MSU, MD, and PSU are theoretical candidates to play in Cameron for the ACC-B10 Challenge since the cycle does not reset this year. I'm not sure we will draw Purdue given that we might have played less than a week earlier.

If you add the MSG game to what we know, that's all 5 of our away/neutral spots.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Jacksonville is saying that it will be playing a game at Cameron this season -- date unspecified -- and that it will be their first game of the season. I suppose the Jacksonville game will be just after Duke's match-up with Kansas in the Champion's Classic on Tuesday, November 15. Perhaps the Jacksonville game will be on Friday, November 18 or Saturday, November 19.

Wish they were going to Atlantis. Not a fan of this field in PK85, although I suspect Florida will surprise next season.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Sooooo, does this mean there is no Champions Classic next year to open the season? Or does this mean that there is a Champions Classic and Duke isn't playing in it (for the first time)?
    Won’t open the season in 2022, but it’s been renewed through 2025, with same 4 teams.

https://espnevents.com/press/champio...ee-more-years/

I think Jon is a smart guy and he will manage the schedule. I do think that he needs to go after it a bit too by scheduling some non conference maybe home and away series type things with teams from the Big East and PAC 12.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    But I did see them ambling around the Duke campus way back when...Duke had a semi-secret scrimmage with them...

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    They might but they will walk on to the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Sooooo, does this mean there is no Champions Classic next year to open the season? Or does this mean that there is a Champions Classic and Duke isn't playing in it (for the first time)? I sure hope to hell we're not being replaced by the cheating bastards from down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Won’t open the season in 2022, but it’s been renewed through 2025, with same 4 teams.

https://espnevents.com/press/champio...ee-more-years/
    2022 (Indianapolis, Ind.)
    Kentucky vs. Michigan State
    Duke vs. Kansas

Since we didn't get to play them in April (grrrrrr) we'll get to beat them in November!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com