Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Duke has now dropped out of the top 4 by a stroke. Gotta pick it up.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    The top teams are scoring well early including Texas A&M who is now tied with Duke for 4th. It looks like this will be a typical rollercoaster for college golf.

I’m worried we might be lamenting Vanderbilt getting to play on its home course despite being ranked 35th…
    Well, we are in 5th place and three strokes out of 4th. Texas A&M's Zoe Slaughter was -5 for the first nine.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Well, we are in 5th place and three strokes out of 4th. Texas A&M's Zoe Slaughter was -5 for the first nine.
    Now trailing A&M by five strokes. We'll need some birdies, as we are the only team among the leaders playing over par.

And Wake is -11 for the day.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I hope they didnt watch mens LAX …
    Sounds like they are on a slippery slope …

Still early but losing hope

Cumulatively, they are still only one stroke behind fourth position--but all of the teams ahead of them have played much better so far today than they have. They will really need to do something impressive on the back half--and hope that A&M slows down a bit--to get a spot.

And even as I was typing this I see they have fallen 3 strokes behind A&M overall. Not looking good.

As someone pointed out earlier, Vanderbilt, which was not seeded to advance, has really made the most of playing on their home course--they have played well all three days.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Cumulatively, they are still only one stroke behind fourth position--but all of the teams ahead of them have played much better so far today than they have. They will really need to do something impressive on the back half--and hope that A&M slows down a bit--to get a spot.

And even as I was typing this I see they have fallen 3 strokes behind A&M overall. Not looking good.

As someone pointed out earlier, Vanderbilt, which was not seeded to advance, has really made the most of playing on their home course--they have played well all three days.
    Of the 12 teams, in the regional, we are T-9 based on today's play.
    Sage Grouse

Slipping away - now 5 back.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

How are y’all following this? Is it on the television?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    How are y’all following this? Is it on the television?
    https://results.golfstat.com/public/...team&tid=25455

This is in play for almost all college golf. It is really good.

Anyway, we need four birdies and no bogeys to tie Texas A&M.
    Sage Grouse

Dr. Pangloss - Candide

https://results.golfstat.com/public/...team&tid=25455

This is in play for almost all college golf. It is really good.

Anyway, we need four birdies and no bogeys to tie Texas A&M.
    Appreciate it, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Thank you. 👍

Thank you. 👍
    A&M finished at -5 for the day and +3 for the tournament. Duke is at +7 with a total of 19 holes left to play.
    Sage Grouse

At this point it’s looking like it’s going to be difficult for Duke to climb into the no. 4 position. I can’t even remember the last time the team did not make the NCAA finals. Does anyone know the answer to that?

I haven’t given up hope yet, though. 🤞

At this point it’s looking like it’s going to be difficult for Duke to climb into the no. 4 position. I can’t even remember the last time the team did not make the NCAA finals. Does anyone know the answer to that?

I haven’t given up hope yet, though. 🤞
    Sure. Last year we missed was 2011, although the 2020 championship was cancelled due to Covid. (Note: there is a 95-page women's golf booklet accessible via GoDuke.com).
    Sage Grouse

Now only two shots back with a collective nine holes left to play.
    Sage Grouse

Now only two shots back with a collective nine holes left to play.
    A birdie and a bogey leave us looking for two shots.
    Sage Grouse

Rylie Heflin gets birdie at 18, and Anne Chen scores bogey at 16. So, still two back with now six collective holes to play (Phoebe Brinker at 18, Erica Shepherd with 16-17-18, and Chen with 17-18).

Update: Shepherd birdies 17, so Duke is now just a shot back.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Would Gina Kim be on this team had she not gone pro ?