Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2022 Women's Tennis - ACC Champs!

Yes!!!

That is a very big win. #1-ranked UNC is fresh off of winning their third straight national championship (Indoors) in February. Congrats to the Duke women! 👍

Thanks for posting this!

Recap from goduke.com

Blue Devils Dispatch No. 1 North Carolina on Senior Night

DURHAM – No. 9 Duke women's tennis capped the regular season on a high as the Blue Devils handed top-ranked North Carolina its first loss of the season, dispatching the Tar Heels, 5-2, Friday evening at Ambler Tennis Stadium.

"We talked all week about the opportunity in front of us," said head coach Jamie Ashworth. "I felt like we were playing and competing well, we just had to execute."...

https://goduke.com/news/2022/4/15/wo...ior-night.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    That is a very big win. #1-ranked UNC is fresh off of winning their third straight national championship (Indoors) in February. Congrats to the Duke women! ��
    And we ruined their unbeaten (23-0 before this, devastating defeat) perfect season. The rivalry will never, ever be the same!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    And we ruined their unbeaten (23-0 before this, devastating defeat) perfect season. The rivalry will never, ever be the same!
    Made me laugh! 😂

We still owe them for the 1992 NCAA women’s soccer final.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Made me laugh! 😂
    Me too!! 😊😊 Thanks for the smiles and well done ladies!!

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Yes!!!

Saw this on GoDuke last night. Thanks for posting. Big win. On to the ACC tourney.

Ladies are #2 seed at conference tourney and beat #7 Wake yesterday, 4-2. We lost the doubles point and Coach Ashford said “we got knocked back” (feel like I have heard that before). Play Miami today at 2:00 while uNC plays UVA. Both Miami & UVA won 4-3 in their quarterfinals matches, & honestly, it just feels like we’ll be squaring off against the holes Sunday in the finals. But hope the team is not thinking like me, and is fully concentrating on the Hurricanes.

Also, Chloe Beck was 18-0 in singles in the conference. That is absolutely incredible.

Duke Wins!!!
    Holes Lose!!!

Kelly Chin, after losing the first set at #4 singles, comes back to clinch it against UM in the semis. Match was tied at 3 all, and she pulled it out 7-6 in the third. 8-6 in the breaker. Wow.

And the good news keeps coming. Tar Heels lose to UVA 4-2 in the other semi. Going for the championship tomorrow.

Well done, ladies.

Duke up 3-1 on uva in the ACC Championship.

Not sure that I've ever found a good reason for this, but why is it that teams play to first to 4 to win, but sometimes teams will win by margins of 6-1, 7-0, or 5-2? Do some players want to finish their match even if their team already lost? And how do they decide if one person wants to finish and the other does not?

Quote Originally Posted by duke4life2022 View Post
    Duke up 3-1 on uva in the ACC Championship.
    Now with 3 tight 3rd set matches; Duke needs to win one for the Championship.

Can follow on live stats.
    https://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=406139

Looks like Duke won 4-1! ACC champions! Woohoo! LGD GTHcGTH 9f!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by duke4life2022 View Post
    Not sure that I've ever found a good reason for this, but why is it that teams play to first to 4 to win, but sometimes teams will win by margins of 6-1, 7-0, or 5-2? Do some players want to finish their match even if their team already lost? And how do they decide if one person wants to finish and the other does not?
    Not entirely sure, but I think they play all the matches to conclusion in the regular season, but stop when a team gets to four in the postseason.

Congrats to the Women's Tennis team!

ROME, Ga. (theACC.com) – No. 2 seed Duke won the 2022 Atlantic Coast Conference Women’s Tennis Championship Sunday afternoon, downing No. 4 seed Virginia, 4-1, at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College in Rome, Georgia. The nip-and-tuck battle lasted nearly four hours.

Ranked No. 5 nationally, Duke (19-3) earned its 18th ACC Championship – most of any program – and first since 2012. It is the Blue Devils’ ninth ACC crown under head coach Jamie Ashworth. Duke’s Georgia Drummy was named the ACC Championship Most Valuable Player.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Congrats to the Women's Tennis team!

ROME, Ga. (theACC.com) – No. 2 seed Duke won the 2022 Atlantic Coast Conference Women’s Tennis Championship Sunday afternoon, downing No. 4 seed Virginia, 4-1, at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College in Rome, Georgia. The nip-and-tuck battle lasted nearly four hours.

Ranked No. 5 nationally, Duke (19-3) earned its 18th ACC Championship – most of any program – and first since 2012. It is the Blue Devils’ ninth ACC crown under head coach Jamie Ashworth. Duke’s Georgia Drummy was named the ACC Championship Most Valuable Player.

-jk
    Beautiful. I told you we ruined the heels' season.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Ladies are #3 seed in NCAA tourney. If we make it to the quarters, could find #6 NC State there waiting for us.

uNC holes are overall #1. In the semis, they would likely face defending champ & #4 seed Texas, or #5 seed UVA, who recently beat them in the ACC tourney.

Go Duke!!

Is women tennis our best shot for an NCAA championship this year?

Link to bracket.

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/tennis-women/d1/2022

Duke opens against Quinnipiac. Potential sweet 16 matchup with Wake.