Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Agreed. De Jesus just hit a nice one. Jackson with some freshman shooting jitters.
    Really really bad jump shooting so far

Any coverage on the game -- like a box score?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    https://goduke.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary;team=away

There are live stats via goduke.com. Beyond that, I’m not sure.

Team mostly hitting layups after steals- hitting almost no open jumpers and pretty bad from the line.

We haven’t been taking many threes, and are 2-4 so far. We are shooting 59% overall, so it hasn’t been terrible shooting-wise, except that those numbers include a bunch of breakaway layups. Kara has been exhorting the team to play even faster than they are, though. Oh, and we’ve been terrible at the line, where we are a sad 4-9.

The defense has been pretty good, but the level of competition is not very good. There are still things to work on, for sure. Everybody is working hard though. It will come.

If you care about exhibition score, it is 42-25 at the half.

We haven’t been taking many threes, and are 2-4 so far. We are shooting 59% overall, so it hasn’t been terrible shooting-wise, except that those numbers include a bunch of breakaway layups. Kara has been exhorting the team to play even faster than they are, though. Oh, and we’ve been terrible at the line, where we are a sad 4-9.

The defense has been pretty good, but the level of competition is not very good. There are still things to work on, for sure. Everybody is working hard though. It will come.

No midrange game. Team does not seem comfortable - feels almost too fast. Perhaps it will come but even in warmups they are bricking shots.

I think it will come. Most of the bricking has come from folks who are playing their first game in this building. They’ll get used to it.

Nice catch, Jim!

61-29 after three. Duke shooting 50%.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I think it will come. Most of the bricking has come from folks who are playing their first game in this building. They’ll get used to it.
    50% from the line - and they should know these rims and sight lines. We shall see.

Looks like Bollin is subbing in with 5:41 to play. Koabel and the walk-ons, not yet, but they should form a band.

Koabel and Lewis in at a timeout with 3:35 left. I think that’s all the scholarship players.

Only if it's against Lenoir-Rhyne.

Only if it's against Lenoir-Rhyne.
    Nevertheless, I will relay that the final score was 90-36.

Lots of good takeaways from this game, the first and foremost of which is that the team is going to be fun to watch. They play fast on both sides of the ball, and while lots of coaches talk about wanting to play fast, Kara seems very focused on it. We still don't have the elite-level horses it is going to take to win an ACC title or anything, but I think we are going to give some very good teams some major fits this year.

The season starts in less than forty-eight hours, and just like this team after they get a steal, I can't wait.

Nevertheless, I will relay that the final score was 90-36.

Lots of good takeaways from this game, the first and foremost of which is that the team is going to be fun to watch. They play fast on both sides of the ball, and while lots of coaches talk about wanting to play fast, Kara seems very focused on it. We still don't have the elite-level horses it is going to take to win an ACC title or anything, but I think we are going to give some very good teams some major fits this year.

The season starts in less than forty-eight hours, and just like this team after they get a steal, I can't wait.
    They will wear teams down with their D. The half court O is a work in progress. There was little flow. Maybe nerves - maybe this is a mediocre shooting team from midrange and deep. Taylor remains the best player. None of the new folks stood out. Brown was good early but fizzled late. I thought de Jesus played very well and settled the team down. No idea what to expect. Should be interesting

The question that has to be asked:

How many turnovers?

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    How many turnovers?
    14 turnovers. Here's the box score.

1 assist for IUP. 21 for Duke. Is that good?

Ex-Dukie Katie Meier has been suspended 3 games by Miami while they cooperate with the NCAA. Hope it's nothing, but this from her statement is a bit much:

"I look forward to returning to...the most talented student-athletes and coaches in the country."
    https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...mes-per-report
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan