Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I really hate to hear this news. I don't like to see any player on any team being injured. Yeh, even the Cheat players.

GoDuke!
    You are a better person than I am. I only hope that it’s not permanent, but if they miss a couple of Duke games? Well……

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    You are a better person than I am. I only hope that it’s not permanent, but if they miss a couple of Duke games? Well……
    I'm totally on board with them missing the second one.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I really hate to hear this news. I don't like to see any player on any team being injured. Yeh, even the Cheat players.

GoDuke!
    You and I are in the minority. I can't cheer an injury.

She is a dynamic player to watch. I am not a UConn fan, by any means, but watched her when I could last year. I hate she is following last years injury by missing a complete season this year. And may never be the same again as a player. UConn, in her absence last year, still played well enough to get her back for the tournament and get to the National Championship game. She looked great in the FF and at less than 100%. almost led them to a title. .

Again, I don't keep up with them, but my guess is they have another great freshman class, with a few who will step up.

Just read the front page story about aggressive scheduling. I like the idea. Only problem is calling Toledo a “pit”. Loud, packed, yes, but not certain of the pit meaning. Toledo averages in the top 10 in attendance I believe nationally most years. I was there wearing a Duke Women’s BB t shirt the last time we played in Toledo. It was not fun for us. Hopefully this will work out better.

Celeste Taylor just made the U.S. Women’s 3x3 U23 Nations League Team. Competition starts Saturday in the Dominican Republic.

https://www.usab.com/news-events/new...e-rosters.aspx

Taylor’s USA Basketball experience comes from having won three total gold medals at the 2019 FIBA U19 World Cup, 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup and 2017 FIBA U16 Americas Championship. Taylor is entering her senior year at Duke University.
    Congrats Celeste, and go get 'em!
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

The Chronicle on freshman Emma Koabel, mysterious Canadian (I mean, who knew about Shy?).

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...om-emma-koabel
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Celeste Taylor just made the U.S. Women’s 3x3 U23 Nations League Team. Competition starts Saturday in the Dominican Republic.

https://www.usab.com/news-events/new...e-rosters.aspx

Congrats Celeste, and go get 'em!
    The United States brought six players with them since each day is its own individual tournament and having extra options helps. Celeste was one of the four to suit up on Day 1 as they edged Argentina at the end in the championship game.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Did Celeste Taylor and Alyssa Ustby share the plane ride from RDU to training camp?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Celeste was rotated out for Sunday's tournament, but returned to the lineup for Monday's competition, which the United States won again. Everyone gets Tuesday off, but there are three more tournaments from Wednesday to Friday, so figure that all six players will once again play two of those and rest the other.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Did Celeste Taylor and Alyssa Ustby share the plane ride from RDU to training camp?
    Probably. After all, Courtney Banghart respects us, unlike some school with a small gym. Of course she had to backtrack, so maybe her next target could be Syracuse and their enormous gym.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Celeste was rotated out for Sunday's tournament, but returned to the lineup for Monday's competition, which the United States won again. Everyone gets Tuesday off, but there are three more tournaments from Wednesday to Friday, so figure that all six players will once again play two of those and rest the other.

Probably. After all, Courtney Banghart respects us, unlike some school with a small gym. Of course she had to backtrack, so maybe her next target could be Syracuse and their enormous gym.
    Yeah, she's not making many friends in the Triangle.
    “You’re asking me who I hate less?” Banghart asked. “I hate both of them more than probably I should because I don’t have the history that everybody else has. Duke is a national and international rivalry that I love. NC State fans are so classless, I don’t even like going there, right? So, I don’t know. It’s a hard one.

“I have more respect for Duke, but I like beating them because they are more relevant. NC State is just mean to us and each other," Banghart added.
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/bangha...less/20418640/

ugh. ont so long ago people were ruing the fact that she was working UNC and not for us...bullet dodged.
    April 1

I'm wondering which country she flies to on her way from Chapel Hill to Durham to make it an international rivalry.

I am sure NC State fans will make her feel very welcome after the apology.

Celeste was the odd woman out for Wednesday's tournament, but returned for the Thursday competition. The United States had one group test, but won another event.

Celeste was in the lineup for the final event and the United States completes a sweep of the week.

Yes!!! Jadyn Donovan, the #3 senior in the country, is Duke-bound!!! This is the highest ranked recruit for DWBB since Alexis Jones a decade ago.

Great job Kara & staff!

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ke-blue-devils
    Last edited by dudog84; 08-22-2022 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Add link.

And then there's this from April: Hannah Hidalgo, top point guard in the class and #5 overall, picks Jadyn as the player she would most want to team with.

https://twitter.com/DonovanJadyn/sta...18139191894018

P.S. Hannah listed Duke in her final-6 schools a few weeks ago.

And Duke is on the final list of several other top-20 players in this class. Could this be Kara's 'Johnny Dawkins class'?
    Last edited by dudog84; 08-22-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Yes!!! Jadyn Donovan, the #3 senior in the country, is Duke-bound!!! This is the highest ranked recruit for DWBB since Alexis Jones a decade ago.

Great job Kara & staff!

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ke-blue-devils
    Welcome to Duke JADYN !

The Chronicle already has posted an article. Think they were given a heads-up? This is really a coup for Kara, talent follows talent. I believe the young lady two over to Jadyn's left is Kendall Dudley, the #4 player in next year's class. Open up that D.C. pipeline!

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...nt-kara-lawson