Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Can Chicago hang on tonight (currently ahead 85-80)?

I doubt it, but I’d love to see it.

DeMar DeRozan is absolutely on fire🔥. Holy cow!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    DeMar DeRozan is absolutely on fire🔥. Holy cow!
    Won’t matter. Milwaukee wins this series eventually. That much we all know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Won’t matter. Milwaukee wins this series eventually. That much we all know for sure.
    Perhaps we could considering actually enjoying games in the moment? You know, as fans of basketball? 🏀

Agree with everything you say here. This series is not even close to being over. The Celtics might still need Robert Williams to beat Brooklyn, and I’m not sure he’s coming back anytime soon.
    He’s practicing. And he’s ahead of schedule. But the Celtics won’t rush him. They are in it for the long haul. This team - if they can’t keep them together - is a potential dynasty.

They’re defense is best in the league. They have a bonafide superstar in Tatum. A great second banana in Brown. And a vicious leader in Smart.

They question is whether they all want to be in Boston together. I sure hope so.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    He’s practicing. And he’s ahead of schedule. But the Celtics won’t rush him. They are in it for the long haul. This team - if they can’t keep them together - is a potential dynasty.

They’re defense is best in the league. They have a bonafide superstar in Tatum. A great second banana in Brown. And a vicious leader in Smart.

They question is whether they all want to be in Boston together. I sure hope so.
    How about we put that last paragraph aside for now and concentrate on trying to win a championship THIS season? We need you focused, FDD. 😊

Well not without Middleton. That “for sure” just got a not less sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Well not without Middleton. That “for sure” just got a not less sure.
    As I noted, injuries absolutely change projections. This one is now a pick-‘em.

Perhaps we could considering actually enjoying games in the moment? You know, as fans of basketball? 🏀
    Where’s the fun in that? 😁

As I noted, injuries absolutely change projections. This one is now a pick-‘em.
    *Bites his tongue*

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    *Bites his tongue*
    This is revenge for all the “you don’t need to worry about UNC“ predictions during the NCAA Tournament. 🤣

Although, I really do believe the top four seeds will ultimately advance. But no, it’s about as much of a given as the “UNC won’t advance any further” predictions we were hearing every other day back in March.

This is revenge for all the “you don’t need to worry about UNC“ predictions during the NCAA Tournament. 🤣

Although, I really do believe the top four seeds will ultimately advance. But no, it’s about as much of a given as the “UNC won’t advance any further” predictions we were hearing every other day back in March.
    You certainly didn't hear those predictions from me!

Eventually though, I suppose someone was correct...

You certainly didn't hear those predictions from me!

Eventually though, I suppose someone was correct...
    A broken clock is right twice a day….

Perhaps we can split off a “predictions” thread from the regular thread? Then those who make lots of predictions can better publicly track whether they were correct. And those of us more interested in general analysis and commentary don’t need to sort through lots of predictions and recaps of predictions.

The Celts sure went en fuego in the fourth quarter vs the Nyets...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    A broken clock is right twice a day….

Perhaps we can split off a “predictions” thread from the regular thread? Then those who make lots of predictions can better publicly track whether they were correct. And those of us more interested in general analysis and commentary don’t need to sort through lots of predictions and recaps of predictions.
    Teams that go up 2-0 (like the Celtics, Heat & Sixers) win a 7 game series something like 92% of the time. That's more than twice a day and really isn't an off-the-[clock] wall prediction. It's called looking at the analytics. Nothing I've said is a reverse jinx or anything like that. Not in the least. But since I've already stated which teams I think will advance to the next round, I don't need to say it any more. I'll be happy to stick to in-game or game-to-game analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The Celts sure went en fuego in the fourth quarter vs the Nyets...
    Tatum, Irving and Durant went a combined 13-46. Wasn't exactly the game folks were hoping to see.

Well, casual fans anyway. I'm sure Celtics fans are fine with the result.

Tatum, Irving and Durant went a combined 13-46. Wasn't exactly the game folks were hoping to see.

Both Tatum and KD had their moments. Neither shot well but they both were very active. Tatum’ s transition three near the end of 2Q was huge - really pulled BOS back into it at a time when it looked like BRK might pull away. And Durant, even when he’s a bit off he’s just super fun to watch.

Irving had a quiet game - he wasn’t bad just not electric.

Celtics🍀 fans are ecstatic with the result!

And Tatum played well going 2-5 from Three, with 6 rebounds and 10 big assists. And his defense was solid. I think he played significantly better than Durant and Irving.

And Tatum played well going 2-5 from Three, with 6 rebounds and 10 big assists. And his defense was solid. I think he played significantly better than Durant and Irving.
    Steven, you do remember that I'm a Celtic's fan from before the Bird days? Love Boston and am rooting hard for them! I think they have what it takes to get to the NBA Finals this year, especially if Robert Williams can return soon.

Yes. His assists when his shots weren't falling were huge. Smart play.