Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2417
    Boston with a sluggish start while Miami looks pretty sharp

Tatum arrived wearing a Coach K graphic shirt tonight apparently.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1...rSfgBXdlF8EOpA

This game could get really chippy- I’ll be surprised if some technicals don’t happen soon

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Boston with a sluggish start while Miami looks pretty sharp
    Boston is getting nothing from anyone not named Brown or Tatum. Going to game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Boston is getting nothing from anyone not named Brown or Tatum. Going to game 7.
    Boston has missed so many open shots and played careless. Miami is shooting out of its mind from 3 for stretches. Strange game with lots of momentum swings but Boston needs to find its offense soon or this game could be over.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    For sure. Boston stinks tonight. And I will guarantee a Boston loss on Sunday if it goes to a game 7.

The refs have killed Boston in this second half. And Van Gundy’s blatant partisan announcing in favor of the Heat all night has really gotten old.

Blech, not a good last several minutes for Tatum

I guess it’s fitting for the last Duke player left in these playoffs to lose in the “Final Four”. There is zero chance Boston wins game 7 in Miami.

Brown and Tatum were just bad most of the 2nd half. Butler was amazing. I have no idea how game 7 will go but this series deserved to get there.

Brown and Tatum were just bad most of the 2nd half. Butler was amazing. I have no idea how game 7 will go but this series deserved to get there.
    I’ll save you the suspense of a game 7: Miami wins. Take that to the bank.

I like Tatum but I just can't bring myself to root for the Celtics.
    I grew up out west and am old enough to remember all those battles between the Celtics and the Lakers. I was a huge Lakers fan when I was a kid, so I learned to despise the Celtics.

I no longer care a bit about the Lakers, but my animosity toward the Celtics, for some reason, is harder to shake.

My apologies to all you die-hard Celtics fans, but I just can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I like Tatum but I just can't bring myself to root for the Celtics.
    I grew up out west and am old enough to remember all those battles between the Celtics and the Lakers. I was a huge Lakers fan when I was a kid, so I learned to despise the Celtics.

I no longer care a bit about the Lakers, but my animosity toward the Celtics, for some reason, is harder to shake.

My apologies to all you die-hard Celtics fans, but I just can't do it.
    Even with a Dukie on the team?

Well, at least I have June free now. I will not watch one second of a Miami v Golden State finals.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I’ll save you the suspense of a game 7: Miami wins. Take that to the bank.
    SouthernDukie (decided to use your formal name for this somber occasion), you haven’t been wrong about the Celtics yet, and I don’t expect that to change now. I’ll actually be glad to be off this wild and crazy Celtics rollercoaster after Sunday’s upcoming loss in Miami.

It’s been a blast, my friend, but now it’s time to rest and recover for next season. 🍀

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    For sure. Boston stinks tonight. And I will guarantee a Boston loss on Sunday if it goes to a game 7.
    So if Boston wins what is our reward?

Tatum deferred to his teammates in the 2nd half. He only took 12 shots in the game (not including shots he was fouled) and made 9. He was perfect from the line. Yes he made too many TOs, but trying to get the ball to other shooters will do that.

When Marcus Smart takes more shots than anyone else; your team is in trouble. Curious if Celtics are pushing Smart to be the go to guy on O; if so big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    So if Boston wins what is our reward?
    I don’t know what they get but a Boston fan with a winning team is punishment enough for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t know what they get but a Boston fan with a winning team is punishment enough for the rest of us.
    😂 😂 😂 😂

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Tatum deferred to his teammates in the 2nd half. He only took 12 shots in the game (not including shots he was fouled) and made 9. He was perfect from the line. Yes he made too many TOs, but trying to get the ball to other shooters will do that.

When Marcus Smart takes more shots than anyone else; your team is in trouble. Curious if Celtics are pushing Smart to be the go to guy on O; if so big mistake.
    It was great D by the Heat doubling and trapping Tatum to make him give up the ball and dare someone else beat them. Tatum made some great passes and White almost made the Heat pay, but a few too many of Tatums passes being soft and Brown missing two FTs doomed the Celts.

I may be in the minority here, but I love Jimmy Butlers game. And man did he bring it last night. I hope he rests up and is 100% and we get a great game 7. On the other hand, I can’t watch Bam Adebeyo. One of my main issues with the NBA (and NCAA but to a lesser extent) is that I have no idea what is a legal vs illegal screen. And I watch a lot of hoops. It’s seems that almost every screen has a slide and lean (Bam being the absolute worst, followed by Bacot), and sometimes players get called for it and sometimes not. It’s a perplexing crap shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    It was great D by the Heat doubling and trapping Tatum to make him give up the ball and dare someone else beat them. Tatum made some great passes and White almost made the Heat pay, but a few too many of Tatums passes being soft and Brown missing two FTs doomed the Celts.

I may be in the minority here, but I love Jimmy Butlers game. And man did he bring it last night. I hope he rests up and is 100% and we get a great game 7. On the other hand, I can’t watch Bam Adebeyo. One of my main issues with the NBA (and NCAA but to a lesser extent) is that I have no idea what is a legal vs illegal screen. And I watch a lot of hoops. It’s seems that almost every screen has a slide and lean (Bam being the absolute worst, followed by Bacot), and sometimes players get called for it and sometimes not. It’s a perplexing crap shoot.
    Butler played with such calm. It was if he was in the Matrix and simply weaving through players as if they were standing still. Very impressive game. Can he repeat it.