Page 61 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2417
    ruh-roh...marcus wicked-smaght out tonight...heat go up 3-1....no WAY the celtics can win without Smaght
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ruh-roh...marcus wicked-smaght out tonight...heat go up 3-1...no WAY the celtics can win without Smaght
    You reminded me of one of my favorite scenes!

https://youtu.be/e1DnltskkWk

Derrick White and Jayson Tatum taking it to ‘em thus far; Celtics ahead 18-1.

Ugh, 8 minutes in and the Celtics have started out this game just 1-6 from 3 and Marcus Smart is out with a foot injury. There's no way they can win like this.

Capture.jpg
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ugh, 8 minutes in and the Celtics have started out this game just 1-6 from 3 and Marcus Smart is out with a foot injury. There's no way they can win like this.

Capture.jpg
    Heh, helps when your opponent is 1-15.

Nope. They have no chance tonight.

Was Miami not allowed to warm up before the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Was Miami not allowed to warm up before the game ?
    Maybe they can hit the “reheat” button on the team microwave at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Maybe they can hit the “reheat” button on the team microwave at halftime.
    Try “defrost.”

Capture.jpg
    Boston up 63 - 35 in the 3rd.

after going up 32, now 26 at end of the 3rd.
    Seems like Tatum has had a lot of turns by just making soft passes on the perimeter. I didn't watch much of the regular season, has that been normal for Tatum this year?

ruh-roh...marcus wicked-smaght out tonight...heat go up 3-1...no WAY the celtics can win without Smaght
    wow...that worked....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

The serial blowouts seem like a new thing in the NBA. Teams losing by 30 and coming back and winning by 20 the next game. Not sure why.

I mean, even the anointed Warriors got CRUSHED by Memphis one game last round.

How do all 5 starters combine for just 18 points? That's weird.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Since NBA began tracking these stats in 1970-71; lowest total for starters in a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee View Post
    The serial blowouts seem like a new thing in the NBA. Teams losing by 30 and coming back and winning by 20 the next game. Not sure why.

I mean, even the anointed Warriors got CRUSHED by Memphis one game last round.
    Its as if the teams figure they only have so much ammunition to expend and when they see a game going south they pull back and save it all for the next game. It does make some sense as far as avoiding injury and staying fresh, but it sure doesn't help psychologically. It drives the fans nuts too.

-jk
    I truly believe the team follows Butler's energy. And he didn't have energy. It's like he didn't care. Or maybe they wanted to reserve their energy knowing the series favors the Heat with 2 home games remaining.

But it is weird that they didn't put up any fight. And we know this because a player wasn't injured during the game (that's the way these last two series with the Celts have gone; at least one player from either team gets a semi-serious injury).

Sidenote: Tatum's shoulder is impacting his 3pt shot. He was 1-7, and I think two of those were airballs (and he was fairly open).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

wow...that worked...
    Never doubt the power of the reverse-jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Never doubt the power of the reverse-jinx.
    So now it comes down to the Celtics still needing to get a win in Miami. They had already done so in game two, but then gave it away by losing game three in Boston.

In other words, SD, you’d better get some serious reverse-jinxing going for game five. Please don’t let the team — and us Celtics🍀 fans — down, okay? We need all hands on deck.

And, yes, I’m still very upset about Boston giving away Game 7 to the dreaded LA Lakers in 2010 after having a 13-pt lead in the 3rd quarter — back when 2nd-half, double-digit leads actually meant something.

I mean, that's so awful! For the math challenged, that's like averaging 5.5 or 6 points per player.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?