Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2417
    I hope the Finals don’t end up being GS v Miami. I won’t watch one minute of that. The NBA Finals needs Boston to keep my full attention, and if that doesn’t happen at least Dallas would keep me checking in from time to time. But a Warriors/Heat finals will not be in the least bit interesting to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I hope the Finals don’t end up being GS v Miami. I won’t watch one minute of that. The NBA Finals needs Boston to keep my full attention, and if that doesn’t happen at least Dallas would keep me checking in from time to time. But a Warriors/Heat finals will not be in the least bit interesting to me personally.
    As a person without an NBA team, nothing involving GS has been interesting for a long time now. At least with Miami there's a chance they will wear some awesome uniforms.

But got Tatum.

Warriors look much better with Steve Kerr on the bench.

Amazing half by Boston up 70-45. If you exclude Smart, the team is shooting 73%.

Just got back from a school function and checked the score. Whoa. That is a lead only Carolina could blow.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Just got back from a school function and checked the score. Whoa. That is a lead only Carolina could blow.
    LOL, that’s some funny stuff.

I just wish you hadn’t mentioned UNC basketball in the same breath as the Celtics; kind of creeps me out.

Solid attempt at a reverse jinx. Heat fan?

Of course we know Boston can’t hold this lead. They’ll be down 2-0 after tonight.

Jaylen Brown is 3-6 from three... making him the second worst 3-point shooter on the team tonight.

This just in, you are gonna win a lot of games in the NBA if you hit 50%+ of your 3s.

Crazy stat of the moment - Peyton Pritchard has played 12 minutes of this game so far... and he has recorded a plus minus of +26.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Of course we know Boston can’t hold this lead. They’ll be down 2-0 after tonight.
    Yep, it’s going to be really tough for the C’s to win 4 out of 5 games, particularly with Game 7 being in Miami.

I hesitate to use the word “impossible”, but it might be just a notch below that.

So good.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So good.
    😁😁😁😁

Didn’t get a chance to watch the game, but Boston has got to be happy headed back home taking that one in Miami. I’m thinking 3Q in game one was a fluke and Boston is the clearly better team.

If the Celtics win the next one at home, pressure is going to shift hard onto the Heat.

I’m thinking 3Q in game one was a fluke and Boston is the clearly better team.
    Well, Boston was without Smart and Horford in game 1. Both of them played tonight.

That might best explain the differing outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Well, Boston was without Smart and Horford in game 1. Both of them played tonight.

That might best explain the differing outcomes.
    Smart is such a difference maker. His offense is erratic, but my goodness his D is incredible and, more importantly, infectious. Jimmy got his points, but the Cs shut down every other starter.

I would hate to play against these Celtics. When it's on, their D is brutalizing.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

yeah, at full strength the Celts have a lot of offensive weapons (look at the much overlooked Robert Williams) and they are a BIG strong defensive team. Udoka has done a fabulous job coaching this bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, at full strength the Celts have a lot of offensive weapons (look at the much overlooked Robert Williams) and they are a BIG strong defensive team. Udoka has done a fabulous job coaching this bunch.
    Yeah, they got great value out of late 1st round draft choices in Robert Williams, picked #27 out of Texas A&M in 2018, and Grant Williams, picked #22 out of Tennessee in 2019. And both are in the 235 to 240 pound range, plenty tough.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, they got great value out of late 1st round draft choices in Robert Williams, picked #27 out of Texas A&M in 2018, and Grant Williams, picked #22 out of Tennessee in 2019. And both are in the 235 to 240 pound range, plenty tough.
    It took a while for these picks to add value. The Celtics are - or were - criticized for not drafting well in the latter part of the first round. That changed with Williams, Williams, and Pritchard (sounds like a law firm).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    As a person without an NBA team, nothing involving GS has been interesting for a long time now. At least with Miami there's a chance they will wear some awesome uniforms.

But got Tatum.
    As a person without an NBA team, everything involving the GSW is interesting. They just play a beautiful brand of basketball. The passing, ball movement, etc. I like the small ball approach as well. Add Steph Curry to that as well and they are just fun to watch. I'd really like to see Steph, Klay and Draymond get their 4th ring.

I hope it's GSW vs Boston. If that's the case then it's a win/win. Either Tatum leads the Celtics to victory (a great Duke story) or the GSW win (a great basketball story). I don't know why but the Heat don't appeal to me at all. Could be that I'm not a fan of Butler (respect his game but can't say that I enjoy interviews, etc).

I really thought that the Celtics would bounce back last night. Getting Smart and Horford back made a difference. Have to wonder how much of a tough out the Heat would be with Kyle Lowry on the floor. He's one of those guys that refs turn a blind eye to and that's a huge advantage.

I still think a fully healthy Celtics team is better than a fully healthy Heat team. However, Lowry at 100% makes the Celtics margin for error smaller. Otherwise, the Heat need to find more scoring from somewhere with Bam being the worst matchup for the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    the Heat need to find more scoring from somewhere with Bam being the worst matchup for the Celtics.
    If the Heat need Bam to power them to victory, they are in trouble.

After being a beast in the regular season, Bam has turned into a lamb in the playoffs. His scoring average has gone from 19.1 to 13.6. Rebounds have dipped from 10.1 to 7.5. It has been even worse in recent games. In his past 6 games (4 against Philly, 2 against Boston) Bam has scored more than 12 points 1 time. He hasn't grabbed double digit rebounds at all. In 3 of the 6 games he did not even block a single shot.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?