Page 35 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    True. I’m just amazed that Boston is now ahead in this game. Monster respect from me. Overcoming serious adversity. No Time Lord. Brown saddled with big time foul trouble. Less than stellar 3 point shooting again. Giannis rules in full effect again. And yet here they are with the lead midway through the fourth.
    Milwaukee has completely stopped running any semblance of an offense and Horford can't miss. I think that's most of it

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Posts that did not age well...
    No it didn’t. And I couldn’t be happier.

I do think Giannis gets calls, but I also think he's one of the toughest players ever to officiate. He's so long, athletic, and he Euro-steps a lot.

Tatum can't miss now, though!

Shame on me for doubting the team of my youth. I will not doubt them again in these playoffs!

Shame on me for doubting the team of my youth. I will not doubt them again in these playoffs!
    I felt the Celtics were better all game except missing open shots. It feels like the correct team won.

celts are ballers...they're not just gonna give up....they coulda pitched in the towel when the bucks got back up on em, but they just knuckled down and got it done...

go celts...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    I do think Giannis gets calls, but I also think he's one of the toughest players ever to officiate. He's so long, athletic, and he Euro-steps a lot.

He reminds me of one of my least favorite college players ever Cassius Winston in that his off arm is constantly out and often being used to push off. I don't have a horse in this race (if anything, I want Milwaukee, but I am mainly just rooting for good games) and I generally really like watching him play, but I don't like seeing that.

Does Boston get Robert Williams back for game 5?

Yikes, Memphis and GS combined 2-25 from 3. Jones has one of the makes and is playing well. Memphis may regret missing so many open shots while the Warriors have been ice cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    You weren't kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Yikes, Memphis and GS combined 2-25 from 3. Jones has one of the makes and is playing well. Memphis may regret missing so many open shots while the Warriors have been ice cold.
    Golden State is going on a bit of a run now, but this game has been surreal. I'm not sure I can remember any NBA game with less energy on the court and in the crowd than this. And this is a critical game in round 2 of the NBA playoffs!!

What the heck?!

Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    Golden State is going on a bit of a run now, but this game has been surreal. I'm not sure I can remember any NBA game with less energy on the court and in the crowd than this. And this is a critical game in round 2 of the NBA playoffs!!

What the heck?!
    How are you determining that there is less energy on the court and in the crowd? Maybe you’re right, I wouldn’t know, as I haven’t watched much of the game yet (though I am recording it to watch tomorrow).

Perhaps the cheering has been a bit muted because of poor shooting from both teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    How are you determining that there is less energy on the court and in the crowd? Maybe you’re right, I wouldn’t know, as I haven’t watched much of the game yet (though I am recording it to watch tomorrow).

Perhaps the cheering has been a bit muted because of poor shooting from both teams?
    I'm sure the poor shooting had a major role, but the crowd has been dead silent for most of the game -- about as quiet as I can remember for a Golden State home game -- and there was no urgency or like any movement at all that I could see on offense. I'm sure the misses contributed, but still...

I'm sure the poor shooting had a major role, but the crowd has been dead silent for most of the game -- about as quiet as I can remember for a Golden State home game -- and there was no urgency or like any movement at all that I could see on offense. I'm sure the misses contributed, but still...
    Warriors hold on. I love 'em but don't feel they really deserved this win.

Our boy Tyus played great I thought. Dillon Brooks must have felt bad about GP2 or something because he played double agent tonight.

What the heck?!
    I had the exact same feeling watching the game.

Does Boston get Robert Williams back for game 5?
    TBD I think, same knee he had operated on. That was one of the most entertaining and hotly contested fourth quarters I can remember...bodies flying everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    TBD I think, same knee he had operated on. That was one of the most entertaining and hotly contested fourth quarters I can remember...bodies flying everywhere.
    I am probably being completely bias, but the Bucks-Celtics game was 10x better than the Warriors-Grizzlies game. From an execution, athleticism, and strategic point of view, this Bucks-Celtics series is everything a basketball fan wants.

I gotta admit. Between these playoffs, the insanity of the transfer/NIL landscape, Coach K's retirement, and the plethora of Duke stars in the NBA, I am a few years away from becoming a bigger NBA fan than college basketball fan.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Have you all seen the video of Giannis holding Marcus Smart on the ground and then lightly kicking him in the face when Smart got up?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Have you all seen the video of Giannis holding Marcus Smart on the ground and then lightly kicking him in the face when Smart got up?
    there was a lot of swatting, nudging and elbowing last night, but everyone kept pretty much within the lines...brutally physical game, though, with some absurdly acrobatic shots.

I’m sorry, the more I watch him the less I like him. He and Embiid do this type of stuff all the time. Great players but they get away with too much. I cannot imagine how frustrated players get guarding him and almost never getting a call.