Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    It may not be humorous going forward into these playoffs though. Remember, even with updated vax, anyone can test positive and (I assume) be out for one or more games. And with the latest variant beginning to make the rounds in the U.S., what happened to the Clippers may very well not be an isolated incident.
    I think you may have misconstrued what I was saying. I was laughing at Tommy’s “Play-in P” comment, not the ramifications of Covid.

No, I didn’t misunderstand that. And it was a funny comment. I was just referring to the larger point that many teams may have to deal with Covid issues as we enter the playoffs.

No offense intended to you. I just used your post as a jumping off point.

Not looking good for the Pelicans. They had a 56-42 lead on the Clippers and then got outscored 34-6.

The Clippers actually have quite a few talented players in the lineup even though they’re missing Luke Kennard, Kawhi Leonard, and Paul George. They still have Norman Powell, Reggie Jackson, Marcus Morris, Terance Mann, and Robert Covington.

If they had their full complement of players they might well be a serious championship contender.

New Orleans is back in it. It’s LA by one, 92-91. Brandon Ingram has 30 points including two big dunks in a row

Pelicans win! Ingram with the heady assist that basically put the game away when NO was desperately trying to hold a 2-point lead.

Zion looked happy. 😍

That was a great game. Go BI! Ready for Zion to make his season debut against Phoenix!

I really like the play-in tournament idea.

Cool Hand Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Not looking good for the Pelicans. They had a 56-42 lead on the Clippers and then got outscored 34-6.

The Clippers actually have quite a few talented players in the lineup even though they’re missing Luke Kennard, Kawhi Leonard, and Paul George. They still have Norman Powell, Reggie Jackson, Marcus Morris, Terance Mann, and Robert Covington.

If they had their full complement of players they might well be a serious championship contender.
    Luke did not play,but thought Duke fans might like this quote.
    "The Clippers, who made the Western Conference finals for the first time in franchise history last year, also were missing Luke Kennard. The league's 3-point percentage leader didn't play because of a sore right hamstring that kept him out of the loss at Minnesota on Tuesday in the team's first play-in game."

Was not impressed with CJ McCollum tonight. He was 9-24 from the field, 1-7 from 3-pt with only two rebounds and three assists in 42 minutes.

He’s going to have to play better to help the Pelicans win a game or two against the Suns.

Ingram is a stud, what a performance by him!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Was not impressed with CJ McCollum tonight. He was 9-24 from the field, 1-7 from 3-pt with only two rebounds and three assists in 42 minutes.

He’s going to have to play better to help the Pelicans win a game or two against the Suns.
    Without McCollum- the Pels would be on vacation. He is the reason they are still playing despite an inefficient night for him.

Go Pelicans!!! I love rooting for this team!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    That was a great game. Go BI! Ready for Zion to make his season debut against Phoenix!

I really like the play-in tournament idea.
    Any chance Zion plays in next series? % chance projections?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Any chance Zion plays in next series? % chance projections?
    There have been public statements by the Pelicans that he will NOT play this season. I think statements otherwise are wishful thinking.

Honestly, it seems a disservice to roll him out for the playoffs with a team he hasn't practiced alongside in a series where they will be large underdogs.

But if they do, I'll tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Without McCollum- the Pels would be on vacation. He is the reason they are still playing despite an inefficient night for him.
    Well sure, he’s played pretty darn well since NO acquired him, but I wasn’t doing a season retrospective; I was talking about last night’s must-win play-in game. And you’re right that he has been a key part of the team since the Pelicans traded for him two months ago.

That’s basically the reason I wrote my comment — he can’t have games like last night if the Pelicans are going to have any chance at advancing. Oh, and Brandon Ingram is their best active player. I want to clarify that so I don’t leave the impression that McCollum is the most important player currently in their lineup.

Meanwhile, there may not be a player in the league more fun to watch than Trae Young. And if the game is on the line, I'm not sure there is anyone more adept at getting a good shot for your team. Whew, what he did to Cleveland last night in the second half was sick.

Hawks are probably too banged up to take it to the Heat, but it will be fun watching Trae try.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Get ready for some serious athleticism coming up at 3:30 Eastern time when Minnesota takes on Memphis. Ja Morant and Anthony Edwards are probably the two most athletic players in the NBA (Zion doesn’t count at the moment).

It’s going to be something to see.

And another series likely ruined for Dallas by a Luka injury. At least Quin will benefit…

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    And another series likely ruined for Dallas by a Luka injury. At least Quin will benefit…
    I don’t know: appeared to be using ACC refs and all calls went against Jazz in 4th. Guess they don’t like Quin.

I know this will sound homerish, but Memphis needs to be playing Tyus more than the few minutes they have given him in this first half. He’s been much more efficient than Ja (talking +-, not shooting), who I think is trying to do too much. Perhaps Beverly has gotten into his head.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I don’t know: appeared to be using ACC refs and all calls went against Jazz in 4th. Guess they don’t like Quin.
    Utah held on. But Dallas sure did shoot a lot of free throws.

And the Doncic injury was so pointless, late in the meaningless final game of the regular season.