Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2417
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Jayson is about to be an unquestionable top tier player for the next several years, barring injury. He could become the greatest Duke NBA player.
    "Barring injury" is what kept Grant Hill from being the unquestioned greatest Duke NBA player. If the second half of Grant career (starting right when he was in his prime) had not been destroyed by injuries, we would be a long, long way from discussing Tatum as the best pro Dukie.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    "Barring injury" is what kept Grant Hill from being the unquestioned greatest Duke NBA player. If the second half of Grant career (starting right when he was in his prime) had not been destroyed by injuries, we would be a long, long way from discussing Tatum as the best pro Dukie.
    Agreed.

I’m not sure Grant even needs that caveat. He may still be the best, regardless of Tatum’s trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    BTW, am with two rabid Celtic families this weekend and both critical of Tatum��. One even said he misses way too many FTs and the other is speculating on what they’d get on a trade. I don’t get it and told both he’s only good on 86% of his throws. I guess he’s not Bill Russell or Larry Bird yet.
    One of the dumbest things I've heard of in quite some time. Tatum is playing at Top 10 level. Perhaps Top 5. The only guy that I'd for sure being willing to trade for him right now would be Giannis. No one else. There are other elite players, but Jayson is young and has so many more great years in front of him.

Tonight's game is key. Not sure what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’m not sure Grant even needs that caveat. He may still be the best, regardless of Tatum’s trajectory.
    At this moment I agree with you. But if Jayson wins a NBA title a few weeks from now he vaults to the top in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    One of the dumbest things I've heard of in quite some time. Tatum is playing at Top 10 level. Perhaps Top 5. The only guy that I'd for sure being willing to trade for him right now would be Giannis. No one else. There are other elite players, but Jayson is young and has so many more great years in front of him.

Tonight's game is key. Not sure what to expect.
    Yes, Antetokounmpo is a more valuable player and I’d trade Tatum for him. I would also trade him for Doncic. No one else readily comes to mind other than Jokic.

Tatum is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    You ain’t kidding! 🤤

As an aside, I slept like a baby!
    You woke up crying every 3 hours because you were hungry and pooped in your onesie? Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You woke up crying every 3 hours because you were hungry and pooped in your onesie? Gross.
    S#%t happens!

S#%t happens!
    Hahaha! Perfect!

And I would note that Tatum plays far, far, far better defense than 2 of the guys on that list.

I would also submit that maybe Ja and Embiid would be on the list too. Embiid has some real bad injury history that holds him back otherwise he'd be a no-brainer to be included.

But, even if the list is 5 guys long, that is still really, really impressive and a sign of what a special player Jayson Tatum has turned into.

Jimmy King was likely the worst of the Fab Five. I agree that trading for him would be really silly at this point.
    Nah, Ralph Jackson was the worst of the Fab Five.

…………………………………………………….

Because his name was really Ray Jackson and none of you would have even known that if I hadn't just told you.

Except for the handful of rabid UM fans who wander onto this board periodically.

King at least made the NBA for a few seasons.

Celtics down by 21 at end of 1st quarter. Jayson Tatum has 0 pts, 0 reb, 0 ast.

This sucks.

Celtics down by 21 at end of 1st quarter. Jayson Tatum has 0 pts, 0 reb, 0 ast.

This sucks.
    Van Gundy is right. Heat just getting much higher quality shots than Boston. More open looks and they’re draining them. More tough ones for the Celtics and they’re all falling off the rim. So far … but long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Van Gundy is right. Heat just getting much higher quality shots than Boston. More open looks and they’re draining them. More tough ones for the Celtics and they’re all falling off the rim. So far … but long way to go.
    I can’t argue with that — other than there’s no longer a long way to go as it’s now halftime. Still, the three-pointer by Tatum with one second left was potentially important, and cut it to 15 (62-47).

That’s a very surmountable lead. However, I don’t exactly have a great feeling about this.

This game is very not over.

I can’t argue with that — other than there’s no longer a long way to go as it’s now halftime. Still, the three-pointer by Tatum with one second left was potentially important, and cut it to 15 (62-47).

That’s a very surmountable lead. However, I don’t exactly have a great feeling about this.
    Neither do I. Miami probably has this one locked up. But if the officiating in the NBA playoffs continues to be as absolutely horrid as it has been in this game, I just don’t really care to watch. The offensive foul call on Tatum was perhaps the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Wow hope Smart is ok. This and the Butler issue have really changed this game.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Wow hope Smart is ok. This and the Butler issue have really changed this game.
    I just don’t believe Boston can win this game without Smart.

Smart is back!

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Smart is back!
    And it still isn’t enough. Boston way, way too casual and loose with many of their passes. Miami has 15 steals to Boston’s 1 after three quarters. That’s losing basketball for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Looney scoring 20+ is not about his offensive skills, it’s all on the pitiful interior Dallas D. Would like to see Tatum get a ring and the easiest way would be through Dallas. Just don’t see that the Mavs getting there.

BTW, am with two rabid Celtic families this weekend and both critical of Tatum😡. One even said he misses way too many FTs and the other is speculating on what they’d get on a trade. I don’t get it and told both he’s only good on 86% of his throws. I guess he’s not Bill Russell or Larry Bird yet.
    Your friends are not very happy with Tatum tonight.