Page 56 of 121 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2417
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If the Heat need Bam to power them to victory, they are in trouble.

After being a beast in the regular season, Bam has turned into a lamb in the playoffs. His scoring average has gone from 19.1 to 13.6. Rebounds have dipped from 10.1 to 7.5. It has been even worse in recent games. In his past 6 games (4 against Philly, 2 against Boston) Bam has scored more than 12 points 1 time. He hasn't grabbed double digit rebounds at all. In 3 of the 6 games he did not even block a single shot.
    Yeah it is perplexing. He can be so dominant when motivated but not sure what is going on in the playoffs.

I think the Celts are the better team, but wonder if they can continue shooting as well? Even if they don't, they're tough to stop, so many weapons, such good defense. Interesting to see if Miami can grab a win in Beantown.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Yeah it is perplexing. He can be so dominant when motivated but not sure what is going on in the playoffs.
    He played against Embiid - a fantastic defender - and Horford/RWIII - two fantastic defenders.

Yeah, he definitely could be less assertive, but frontcourt defenses of both Philly and Boston are very good.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    He played against Embiid - a fantastic defender - and Horford/RWIII - two fantastic defenders.

Yeah, he definitely could be less assertive, but frontcourt defenses of both Philly and Boston are very good.
    That is a fair point although Embiid was less than 100% and didn’t play in all the games. Also Bam was great against Boston last time they met in the playoffs, so the difference is more surprising. But matchups certainly factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    That is a fair point although Embiid was less than 100% and didn’t play in all the games. Also Bam was great against Boston last time they met in the playoffs, so the difference is more surprising. But matchups certainly factor in.
    Daniel Theis was the primary defender in that series. RWIII barely played and Horford was on another team.

The amazing thing is Boston has 7 above average defenders in their 8 man rotation (and the 7 players who play the most are above average defenders). No other team has anything close to that. And of the 7 above average defenders, they have 2 elite defenders (Smart and RWIII).

Really tough to score against these guys, unless your name is Jimmy or Giannis.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Nothing to see here... just Deuce Tatum giving a high five to every single guy in the Celtics locker room.

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/sta...52536823562240
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Nothing to see here... just Deuce Tatum giving a high five to every single guy in the Celtics locker room.

Awesome! I love that!!!

Do we need to start at Recruiting Class of 2037 thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Do we need to start at Recruiting Class of 2037 thread?
    Man - think of the NIL deal for that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Man - think of the NIL deal for that kid.
    He could start here: https://www.high5cannabis.com/
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Loving what Luka and the Mavs are doing in this first half. But darned if I can’t help but think GS will quickly erase the big lead.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Loving what Luka and the Mavs are doing in this first half. But darned if I can’t help but think GS will quickly erase the big lead.
    They already did once in the first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    They already did once in the first quarter.
    Missed that. Only watched the 2nd quarter.

Perhaps it’s just their mystique, but I think the Warriors will come back and win this game.

Perhaps it’s just their mystique, but I think the Warriors will come back and win this game.
    That scared of a Celtics-Warriors final?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    That scared of a Celtics-Warriors final?

-jk
    Not scared. But they have my respect. Too much championship experience not to.

And as if on cue, here come the Warriors. Cutting an 18 point lead down to 6.

Dallas only up 2 heading into the 4th. And none of us are surprised, right?

How is Kevon Looney doing this (10-14 FG, 21 pts, 10 reb)??

Been trying to watch the game while at a party at Loews Hotel in Atlanta where I had a couple of Old Fashioneds and a few shots of Patron, so maybe my judgment is impaired, but Looney seems like more of an essential player than I had previously thought. Is Dallas simply without defense at the rim?

Dallas only up 2 heading into the 4th. And none of us are surprised, right?
    Nothing seems impossible for this team.

They are frustrating 5% of the time, and incredible 95% of the time. It's just been an amazing era to be a basketball fan in the bay area, especially since it's really been the same core all along that you get to fall in love with.

Golden State in 5. I can’t see the Mavs pushing it beyond that.