Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,121 to 1,131 of 1131
  1. #1121
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    How is Kevon Looney doing this (10-14 FG, 21 pts, 10 reb)??

    Been trying to watch the game while at a party at Loews Hotel in Atlanta where I had a couple of Old Fashioneds and a few shots of Patron, so maybe my judgment is impaired, but Looney seems like more of an essential player than I had previously thought. Is Dallas simply without defense at the rim?
    Looney feels like he's a perfect center for this team, as long as he's not playing a Jokic-type player who can just overpower him. I remember him being key in one of the Houston series a few years back too. Really good rebounder somehow, excellent switching ability on defense, and doesn't get in the way on offense.

    Having said that, pretty sure all those baskets were dunks or short layups off easy feeds and offensive rebounds.

  2. #1122
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Golden State in 5. I can’t see the Mavs pushing it beyond that.
    I mean, weren't they down 0-2 last series?

  3. #1123
    Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    Looney feels like he's a perfect center for this team, as long as he's not playing a Jokic-type player who can just overpower him. I remember him being key in one of the Houston series a few years back too. Really good rebounder somehow, excellent switching ability on defense, and doesn't get in the way on offense.

    Having said that, pretty sure all those baskets were dunks or short layups off easy feeds and offensive rebounds.
    Ha! One of the guys on Inside The NBA said this was Looney’s FIRST TIME EVER in the NBA (over 420 games) scoring 20 points!! What??!

  4. #1124
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The 'burbs of Cary
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Been trying to watch the game while at a party at Loews Hotel in Atlanta where I had a couple of Old Fashioneds and a few shots of Patron, so maybe my judgment is impaired...
    Basketball aside, nice choices on the libations.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I mean, weren't they down 0-2 last series?
    Trust me, I thought about that before I posted my prediction. The simple fact is Curry isn’t Chris Paul (a choker), and the Warriors are not the Suns (the former having loads and loads of championship experience, while the latter has none). I just don’t think Golden State will go into Dallas and lose both games. They will want to wrap this up in five. And I think they’ll do just that.

  6. #1126
    Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    Looney feels like he's a perfect center for this team, as long as he's not playing a Jokic-type player who can just overpower him. I remember him being key in one of the Houston series a few years back too. Really good rebounder somehow, excellent switching ability on defense, and doesn't get in the way on offense.

    Having said that, pretty sure all those baskets were dunks or short layups off easy feeds and offensive rebounds.
    Looney scoring 20+ is not about his offensive skills, it’s all on the pitiful interior Dallas D. Would like to see Tatum get a ring and the easiest way would be through Dallas. Just don’t see that the Mavs getting there.

    BTW, am with two rabid Celtic families this weekend and both critical of Tatum😡. One even said he misses way too many FTs and the other is speculating on what they’d get on a trade. I don’t get it and told both he’s only good on 86% of his throws. I guess he’s not Bill Russell or Larry Bird yet.

  7. #1127
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Looney scoring 20+ is not about his offensive skills, it’s all on the pitiful interior Dallas D. Would like to see Tatum get a ring and the easiest way would be through Dallas. Just don’t see that the Mavs getting there.

    BTW, am with two rabid Celtic families this weekend and both critical of Tatum😡. One even said he misses way too many FTs and the other is speculating on what they’d get on a trade. I don’t get it and told both he’s only good on 86% of his throws. I guess he’s not Bill Russell or Larry Bird yet.
    Tatum is the best thing to happen to the Celtics since... Paul Pierce? Maybe even longer ago?

  8. #1128
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Looney scoring 20+ is not about his offensive skills, it’s all on the pitiful interior Dallas D. Would like to see Tatum get a ring and the easiest way would be through Dallas. Just don’t see that the Mavs getting there.

    BTW, am with two rabid Celtic families this weekend and both critical of Tatum😡. One even said he misses way too many FTs and the other is speculating on what they’d get on a trade. I don’t get it and told both he’s only good on 86% of his throws. I guess he’s not Bill Russell or Larry Bird yet.
    I think your friends don't know which guy is Tatum. He's the toast of (sober) Boston fans of which there are at least several.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Looney scoring 20+ is not about his offensive skills, it’s all on the pitiful interior Dallas D. Would like to see Tatum get a ring and the easiest way would be through Dallas. Just don’t see that the Mavs getting there.

    BTW, am with two rabid Celtic families this weekend and both critical of Tatum😡. One even said he misses way too many FTs and the other is speculating on what they’d get on a trade. I don’t get it and told both he’s only good on 86% of his throws. I guess he’s not Bill Russell or Larry Bird yet.
    Ask them if they would like to trade Tatum and for which player? That will tell you a lot. BTW Russell was a career sub 60% FT shooter.

  10. #1130
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Ask them if they would like to trade Tatum and for which player? That will tell you a lot. BTW Russell was a career sub 60% FT shooter.
    I did that. They mentioned Steph Curry and a couple of other 30+ year old players. I tried to point out Tatum has 10 more good years and then gave up.

    Both guys are transplants from Boston area, huge Patriots fans, expect to win titles annually and perfection out of Tatum. They’ll blame him if Celtics don’t win the title.

    Otherwise, they are both great guys.😀😀

  11. #1131
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I did that. They mentioned Steph Curry and a couple of other 30+ year old players. I tried to point out Tatum has 10 more good years and then gave up.

    Both guys are transplants from Boston area, huge Patriots fans, expect to win titles annually and perfection out of Tatum. They’ll blame him if Celtics don’t win the title.

    Otherwise, they are both great guys.😀😀
    So was Jack the Ripper, other than that one aberrant behavior.

Similar Threads

  1. MLB Playoffs
    By A-Tex Devil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-30-2018, 08:39 AM
  2. NHL Playoffs
    By Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 09:40 PM
  3. NHL Playoffs
    By mr. synellinden in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
  4. NBA Playoffs
    By superdave in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 748
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 12:51 AM
  5. NHL Playoffs
    By mac46 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •