Page 57 of 121 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2417
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    How is Kevon Looney doing this (10-14 FG, 21 pts, 10 reb)??

Been trying to watch the game while at a party at Loews Hotel in Atlanta where I had a couple of Old Fashioneds and a few shots of Patron, so maybe my judgment is impaired, but Looney seems like more of an essential player than I had previously thought. Is Dallas simply without defense at the rim?
    Looney feels like he's a perfect center for this team, as long as he's not playing a Jokic-type player who can just overpower him. I remember him being key in one of the Houston series a few years back too. Really good rebounder somehow, excellent switching ability on defense, and doesn't get in the way on offense.

Having said that, pretty sure all those baskets were dunks or short layups off easy feeds and offensive rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Golden State in 5. I can’t see the Mavs pushing it beyond that.
    I mean, weren't they down 0-2 last series?

Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    Looney feels like he's a perfect center for this team, as long as he's not playing a Jokic-type player who can just overpower him. I remember him being key in one of the Houston series a few years back too. Really good rebounder somehow, excellent switching ability on defense, and doesn't get in the way on offense.

Having said that, pretty sure all those baskets were dunks or short layups off easy feeds and offensive rebounds.
    Ha! One of the guys on Inside The NBA said this was Looney’s FIRST TIME EVER in the NBA (over 420 games) scoring 20 points!! What??!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Been trying to watch the game while at a party at Loews Hotel in Atlanta where I had a couple of Old Fashioneds and a few shots of Patron, so maybe my judgment is impaired...
    Basketball aside, nice choices on the libations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I mean, weren't they down 0-2 last series?
    Trust me, I thought about that before I posted my prediction. The simple fact is Curry isn’t Chris Paul (a choker), and the Warriors are not the Suns (the former having loads and loads of championship experience, while the latter has none). I just don’t think Golden State will go into Dallas and lose both games. They will want to wrap this up in five. And I think they’ll do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post

Looney scoring 20+ is not about his offensive skills, it’s all on the pitiful interior Dallas D. Would like to see Tatum get a ring and the easiest way would be through Dallas. Just don’t see that the Mavs getting there.

BTW, am with two rabid Celtic families this weekend and both critical of Tatum😡. One even said he misses way too many FTs and the other is speculating on what they’d get on a trade. I don’t get it and told both he’s only good on 86% of his throws. I guess he’s not Bill Russell or Larry Bird yet.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Looney scoring 20+ is not about his offensive skills, it’s all on the pitiful interior Dallas D. Would like to see Tatum get a ring and the easiest way would be through Dallas. Just don’t see that the Mavs getting there.

BTW, am with two rabid Celtic families this weekend and both critical of Tatum😡. One even said he misses way too many FTs and the other is speculating on what they’d get on a trade. I don’t get it and told both he’s only good on 86% of his throws. I guess he’s not Bill Russell or Larry Bird yet.
    Tatum is the best thing to happen to the Celtics since... Paul Pierce? Maybe even longer ago?

I think your friends don't know which guy is Tatum. He's the toast of (sober) Boston fans of which there are at least several.

Ask them if they would like to trade Tatum and for which player? That will tell you a lot. BTW Russell was a career sub 60% FT shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Ask them if they would like to trade Tatum and for which player? That will tell you a lot. BTW Russell was a career sub 60% FT shooter.
    I did that. They mentioned Steph Curry and a couple of other 30+ year old players. I tried to point out Tatum has 10 more good years and then gave up.

Both guys are transplants from Boston area, huge Patriots fans, expect to win titles annually and perfection out of Tatum. They’ll blame him if Celtics don’t win the title.

Otherwise, they are both great guys.😀😀

I did that. They mentioned Steph Curry and a couple of other 30+ year old players. I tried to point out Tatum has 10 more good years and then gave up.

Both guys are transplants from Boston area, huge Patriots fans, expect to win titles annually and perfection out of Tatum. They’ll blame him if Celtics don’t win the title.

So was Jack the Ripper, other than that one aberrant behavior.

I live in Boston and am a big Celtics fan. That view point is not shared. Tatum is beloved and arguably the biggest Boston sports star right now.

Smart may be the most beloved Celtic (I get it), but Tatum is untouchable in the eyes of both the front office and the fans.

Tatum’s problem is efficiency. He’s not the most efficient scorer and can be very erratic. But he’s a borderline superstar, if not a superstar already.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Players I would trade Tatum for straight-up:

Giannis
    Jokic
    possibly Luka

That’s it. That’s the list.

You need new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I live in Boston and am a big Celtics fan. That view point is not shared. Tatum is beloved and arguably the biggest Boston sports star right now.

Smart may be the most beloved Celtic (I get it), but Tatum is untouchable in the eyes of both the front office and the fans.

Tatum’s problem is efficiency. He’s not the most efficient scorer and can be very erratic. But he’s a borderline superstar, if not a superstar already.
    Glad to hear that regarding Celtic-consensus. They also mentioned trading him for Jimmy King which is silly. Maybe Tom Brady😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Players I would trade Tatum for straight-up:

Giannis
    Jokic
    possibly Luka

That’s it. That’s the list.
    And I would note that Tatum plays far, far, far better defense than 2 of the guys on that list.

I would also submit that maybe Ja and Embiid would be on the list too. Embiid has some real bad injury history that holds him back otherwise he'd be a no-brainer to be included.

But, even if the list is 5 guys long, that is still really, really impressive and a sign of what a special player Jayson Tatum has turned into.

Glad to hear that regarding Celtic-consensus. They also mentioned trading him for Jimmy King which is silly. Maybe Tom Brady����
    Jimmy King was likely the worst of the Fab Five. I agree that trading for him would be really silly at this point.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    And I would note that Tatum plays far, far, far better defense than 2 of the guys on that list.

I would also submit that maybe Ja and Embiid would be on the list too. Embiid has some real bad injury history that holds him back otherwise he'd be a no-brainer to be included.

But, even if the list is 5 guys long, that is still really, really impressive and a sign of what a special player Jayson Tatum has turned into.
    For all the reasons you mentioned, I absolutely wouldn't straight up Embiid for Tatum.

Jayson is about to be an unquestionable top tier player for the next several years, barring injury. He could become the greatest Duke NBA player.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Jimmy King was likely the worst of the Fab Five. I agree that trading for him would be really silly at this point.
    Mind fart. Meant Jimmy Butler.

Maybe they only watched the 2nd half of the first game against Miami. That 3rd quarter Tatum was pretty bad. If we ignore the rest of his season I would also want to trade him. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    Basketball aside, nice choices on the libations.
    You ain’t kidding! 🤤

As an aside, I slept like a baby!