Mark Williams article in NY Times

There’s a nice article profiling Mark Williams in sports section of the Times today. Not much new, but some insight into his family and the pre-draft process. Tough to make the NBA these days…

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/20/s...iams-duke.html

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    There’s a nice article profiling Mark Williams in sports section of the Times today. Not much new, but some insight into his family and the pre-draft process. Tough to make the NBA these days…

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/20/s...iams-duke.html
    Excellent article. I can’t remember rooting harder for a Duke player on draft night, and I root hard for our guys. I am so proud of Mark to be in position that Elizabeth got permission from the Mystics to miss a game so that she can be there along with their family to support her little brother.

I’m guessing Elizabeth is one of the few people on this earth that can call Mark little and get away with it.
    Carolina delenda est

So the kid learned to block out in middle school. Not bad.

So happy he came back for a second year...in this particular case, it was a very wise move. I think he has really helped his draft status (not sure that's debatable, but I guess we debate everything here).

Not a lot improve their draft stock but Williams sure did.I think Moore did as well.

Yes, I’d say Williams and Moore will both be great examples of guys who came back, improved significantly, upped their visibility and personal brand in another year at Duke, and very likely end up with more money in their bank accounts.

It didnt keep Trevor around another year, but maybe they will inspire others in the future to follow suit. Could be guys like Proctor and Mitchell this year or Foster and McCain next year.