Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I

Marks' notes via Twitter on the press conference are worth reviewing... can't wait to see Jim's report, assuming he was there as well. I'm getting very excited for next season.
    Jim is taking some time off to work on some non-DBR stuff. He should be back this fall.

But he can confirm that Scheyer implied that Keels is still in play, but Duke is looking at the portal and the roster likely is not finalized.

If you're wondering about NIL, clear as mud. Still figuring it out.

And Jai Lucas is very impressive. Professorial. Perhaps it's the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Jim is taking some time off to work on some non-DBR stuff. He should be back this fall.

But he can confirm that Scheyer implied that Keels is still in play, but Duke is looking at the portal and the roster likely is not finalized.

Speaking in the third person? Or am I missing something?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Awesome. But I'm confused, if Jim isn't here, then who is this? Jim's assistant? His ghost?
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Awesome. But I'm confused, if Jim isn't here, then who is this? Jim's assistant? His ghost?
    Jim's intern?

Trying to inject a bit of levity.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Today on social media, Dariq Whitehead is now actively lobbying Trevor to come back: https://twitter.com/dariq_whitehead/...-rlcK_o66LpjQA

The official duke basketball account and Kyle Filipowski both responded to the post.

This means everything, nothing, or something in between.

Today on social media, Dariq Whitehead is now actively lobbying Trevor to come back: https://twitter.com/dariq_whitehead/...-rlcK_o66LpjQA

The official duke basketball account and Kyle Filipowski both responded to the post.

This means everything, nothing, or something in between.

I really think another year would be great for Trevor. He came on strong in the tourney but he needs to work on his mid range game. As of now he's a fairly inconsistent 3 and D type at the next level. And of course, selfishly speaking, would catapult the current roster to an immediate contender.

Today on social media, Dariq Whitehead is now actively lobbying Trevor to come back:
    I think it's really great to see when teammates support each other coming back (or coming, in the case of recruits). If Keels stays in the draft that would mean Dariq gets to play a bigger role, gets more shots, gets the ball in his hand more often. But it also means the team would lose more games. So the fact that Dariq is openly rooting for Keels to return suggests that he does prioritize winning. It was similar to when Roach announced he was returning and Jaylen Blakes was one of the first to comment on his tweet.

Andy Katz with the worlds most up close and personal interview with Trevor Keels about how's he's approaching the draft:

https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/stat...zIo9_xpl9n3i2w

TL;DL He's committed to this process and he's awaiting the feedback he gets to make a decision to stay in or return.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxer View Post
    Andy Katz with the worlds most up close and personal interview with Trevor Keels about how's he's approaching the draft:

https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/stat...zIo9_xpl9n3i2w

TL;DL He's committed to this process and he's awaiting the feedback he gets to make a decision to stay in or return.
    Good call posting this here, I put it in the draft thread but probably belongs here more.

Trevor sounds like a kid who is authentically undecided here… Im ready to get hurt again! Lol

I’m glad to see that his decision will be based on current information. Too many guys make the decision based on playing in the McDonald’s game, no matter how well they played as college freshmen.

He also called the Duke coach “dude.” I don’t think that has happened for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    I’m glad to see that his decision will be based on current information. Too many guys make the decision based on playing in the McDonald’s game, no matter how well they played as college freshmen.

He also called the Duke coach “dude.” I don’t think that has happened for a while.
    Well since I'm now officially older than Duke's MBB coach I'm really happy that Scheyer is that "dude"! I agree that it's good to see that this is confirmation of what most of us thought: Keels is not a done deal either way. He's right to absolutely commit to the draft process to ensure he gets the best information possible to make a good decision.