Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1418

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Exactly. There are millions of reasons why there will be a lot asked of him. And to the previous poster, of course he will get plenty of minutes right away. What number one pick didn’t?
    The ones that turned out to not be worthy of being #1?

Not sure what I said is particularly controversial. I know a lot is going to be asked of him but some organizations better manage expectations for their guys and do a better job of not expecting them to be stars right away —-

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Exactly. There are millions of reasons why there will be a lot asked of him. And to the previous poster, of course he will get plenty of minutes right away. What number one pick didn’t?
    Bennett, Olowokandi, Fultz, Oden... Of course, their teams wanted to give them a lot of minutes and were hoping for it, but it didn't pan out for various reasons.

Theo John picked up a summer league deal with the Timberwolves. Great for him, I hope he sticks somewhere. In terms of Duke, we tend to focus on how much it helps our future recruiting when Paolo goes #1 and four guys go in the first round. But having a grad transfer find pro success after playing for us also could pay dividends down the road when going after guys in a similar position.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Not sure what I said is particularly controversial. I know a lot is going to be asked of him but some organizations better manage expectations for their guys and do a better job of not expecting them to be stars right away —-
    I wasn't trying to pick a fight, just wanted to push back a bit and say that the notion of Paolo being given time to develop without a lot of pressure being put on him isn't realistic. But he seems confident and up to the challenge. His biggest struggle might be getting Cole Anthony to pass him the ball LOL.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Bennett, Olowokandi, Fultz, Oden... Of course, their teams wanted to give them a lot of minutes and were hoping for it, but it didn't pan out for various reasons.
    Oden was my first thought, but he was plagued by knee issues. That always bummed me out, because I would have liked to have seen what he would have done had he been healthy. He's also the first person I think of when I read about Zion being sidelined by injuries.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Honestly, Keels in NY feels about right
    I think it will be a while before Keels is either playing, or sitting on the bench, with any consistency in a NY uniform.

1) Keels needs to be more consistent at Duke; he's not nearly as good as Barrett was at Duke (would anyone disagree?) and the Knicks are better now then when Barrett joined. Tougher for Keels to stick with the big club.

1b) Knicks have better guards now and they are trying to get better now (trying to find a way to sign Brunson by overpaying for him)

2) Knicks usually have more journeyman contracts than roster spots

2b) More than likely to sign to a 2 way contract (not unlike Marshall Plumlee had) where he plays often in the G-League and appears on the Knick bench for a few games

3) Last year's 1st round , and 2nd round picks, Guard picks didn't play much and spent most of their time in the G-League. Quinton Grimes and Miles McBride were more consistent players than Keels in college IMHO and are 3-4 years older than Keels now. Perhaps that means greater upside for Trevor, which is great, but a year of playing in the G-League, and good health, will serve him well.

On the bright side:

Keels has an NBA body that few other Knicks have, but football players (types) do not make basketball players. If Keels can continue to develop, he IS the type of attitude player that the garden will adore.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Wow, Tari Eason's suit, it's not easy being green.

Attachment 14690
    NIL for toothpaste?

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Oden was my first thought, but he was plagued by knee issues. That always bummed me out, because I would have liked to have seen what he would have done had he been healthy. He's also the first person I think of when I read about Zion being sidelined by injuries.
    Kwame Brown ended up in exactly the wrong situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    I think it will be a while before Keels is either playing, or sitting on the bench, with any consistency in a NY uniform.

1) Keels needs to be more consistent at Duke; he's not nearly as good as Barrett was at Duke (would anyone disagree?) and the Knicks are better now then when Barrett joined. Tougher for Keels to stick with the big club.

1b) Knicks have better guards now and they are trying to get better now (trying to find a way to sign Brunson by overpaying for him)

2) Knicks usually have more journeyman contracts than roster spots

2b) More than likely to sign to a 2 way contract (not unlike Marshall Plumlee had) where he plays often in the G-League and appears on the Knick bench for a few games

3) Last year's 1st round , and 2nd round picks, Guard picks didn't play much and spent most of their time in the G-League. Quinton Grimes and Miles McBride were more consistent players than Keels in college IMHO and are 3-4 years older than Keels now. Perhaps that means greater upside for Trevor, which is great, but a year of playing in the G-League, and good health, will serve him well.

On the bright side:

Keels has an NBA body that few other Knicks have, but football players (types) do not make basketball players. If Keels can continue to develop, he IS the type of attitude player that the garden will adore.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Keels will have to work on his body a lot and tighten up his D because if he lets guys blow past him Thibs will have him riding the bench. Thibs loves guys who plays defense and will d it consistently. Cam Reddish showed he was a pretty good defender in Atlanta and he couldn't sniff minutes. Hope it works out for keels but he's going to have a tough road ahead of him.

https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...72302734450688

2022 NBA picks:

Big Ten: 9
    SEC: 8
    Pac-12: 6
    Duke: 5
    Big 12: 4
    WCC: 3
    American: 2
    ACC minus Duke: 2
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...72302734450688

2022 NBA picks:

Big Ten: 9
    SEC: 8
    Pac-12: 6
    Duke: 5
    Big 12: 4
    WCC: 3
    American: 2
    ACC minus Duke: 2
    UNCheats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    UNCheats: 0
    I hate to be that guy (and I despise the Cheats...), but they still beat us in the Final Four despite our 5 NBA Draft picks to their zero...I would trade that in a heartbeat. Argh!!! I recognize this storyline/stat though helps us to continue to attract top talent to our program.

Agreed

I hate to be that guy (and I despise the Cheats...), but they still beat us in the Final Four despite our 5 NBA Draft picks to their zero...I would trade that in a heartbeat. Argh!!! I recognize this storyline/stat though helps us to continue to attract top talent to our program.
    To be honest, winning draft night feels a bit Phyrric. In addition to losing head-to-head on the court, each OAD-heavy class also costs us a little student-athletics moral high ground. That said, I am very happy for all our guys and hoping they have long, successful careers.

I share your pain.

Can't say my fashion sense aligns with Paolo's, but Mark and AJ looked pretty sharp. I can't seem to be able to find any of Trevor or Wendell. Any pics to share?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DrChainsaw View Post
    Can't say my fashion sense aligns with Paolo's, but Mark and AJ looked pretty sharp. I can't seem to be able to find any of Trevor or Wendell. Any pics to share?
    Probably because they weren't there.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by cbolden1 View Post
    Keels will have to work on his body a lot and tighten up his D because if he lets guys blow past him Thibs will have him riding the bench. Thibs loves guys who plays defense and will d it consistently. Cam Reddish showed he was a pretty good defender in Atlanta and he couldn't sniff minutes. Hope it works out for keels but he's going to have a tough road ahead of him.
    Reddish looks like the same shooter he was when he was at Duke. Reddish has never shown a consistent shot. Only enough to suggest there might be more. His length, his willingness to play defense, and his reputation keep him around longer and will probably keep him around the league another 5 years, but I don't hold out much hope unless he puts in the work to add at least another 10 percentage points to his shooting percentage. He has to adopt Barrett's work ethic and work with a shooting coach to remove the warble from his game.

Barrett is still a volume scorer, but.. his percentage has improved; his range has improved; he follows more of his shots and gets the rebounds (should count as a shooting percentage increase); he hustles; he doesn't shy from contact; he will take the big shot inside; he improves each year.

Right now, from what I've seen, Reddish is destined to be a whack-a-mole talent. He'll show up here or there, until he's whacked out of the league. I hope I'm wrong.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Paolo’s suit

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Love Paulo but I’m not a big fan of double breasted purple suits studded with crystals. Just my weird tastes. And don’t get me started on whatever crystal thing he has around his neck!
    I’ve had more than one UNC fan today tell me they’re calling PB “The Joker” because of his suit. Usually, I’m pretty quick with comebacks to them. Unfortunately, couldn’t come up with one this time.

Oops. Just saw the typo in the header. Did not realize that part of the post cannot be corrected. ��
    Last edited by diablesseblu; 06-24-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diablesseblu View Post
    I’ve had more than one UNC fan today tell me they’re calling PB “The Joker” because of his suit. Usually, I’m pretty quick with comebacks to them. Unfortunately, couldn’t come up with one this time.

Oops. Just saw the typo in the header. Did not realize that part of the post cannot be corrected. ��
    You can edit the title, but you must be in the desktop mode ("Blue" rather than "Mobile" in the pulldown at the bottom).

Hit [Edit Post], then hit [Go Advanced].

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by SOB13 View Post
    To be honest, winning draft night feels a bit Phyrric. . .
    Move the 'h' to a different position in the word and I agree with you. Nobody hangs a banner for having more guys drafted.