Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    You do know the guys in those photos aren't just posing and relaxing, right?

I've got a few before and after dental ad pics to share with you too. Wanna guess which ones are smiling?
    Im guessing you mean they are posing and aren't relaxing and yes I know that. But hey if you want to believe the numbers that's on you, Im a bodybuilder and ex college athlete( basketball and track) so I know what's realistic but what do I know I guess lol

AJ Griffin apparently had a really impressive pro day for scouts at the CAA workout facility.

In this video, there are 3 separate sequences where he (unedited) hits 4+ threes in a row. As I remarked earlier in this thread, that is something we did not see (not even 3 in a row) on Keels pro day videotape.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    AJ Griffin apparently had a really impressive pro day for scouts at the CAA workout facility.

In this video, there are 3 separate sequences where he (unedited) hits 4+ threes in a row. As I remarked earlier in this thread, that is something we did not see (not even 3 in a row) on Keels pro day videotape.
    Links available??

Patrick Baldwin, Jr. will stay in the NBA draft: https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...03274956587009
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee View Post
    Links available??
    Sorry, total brain fart on my part: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...89059692670977

The many consecutive threes come in the final minute of the tape.

Sorry, total brain fart on my part: https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...89059692670977

The many consecutive threes come in the final minute of the tape.
    Wow! AJ was so good he was glistening.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    AJ Griffin: glistening from Ossining.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Add Randolph Childress to the list of voices thinking Keels should return: https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/sta...gUJ2iwz4WbjR9w
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Add Randolph Childress to the list of voices thinking Keels should return: https://twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/sta...gUJ2iwz4WbjR9w
    Probably the most spot-on assessment of why Keels should return. He needs to develop greater reliability with the jump shot, and a I really like the take on Keels’ not being able to rely on right-handed bully ball at the next level.

Here’s hoping Trevor is taking that feedback in.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Stadium has put together a decent tracker of NBA decisions: https://watchstadium.com/stadiums-20...er-05-25-2022/

Of note is that there are around 60 players who haven't made a firm declaration of their draft status, so Keels is by no means an outlier here.

Patrick Baldwin, Jr. will stay in the NBA draft: https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...03274956587009
    Least surprising decision out there. He had to preserve whatever pro potential he had left. If he'd have come back to college and done anything other than play at an all conf level (one of the top 3 teams in a P5 conf) or been a conf POY candidate in a smaller conf, his stock would have fallen off a cliff.

Doesn't Keels have to make his final decision either today or tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Doesn't Keels have to make his final decision either today or tomorrow?
    I believe it's actually by midnight on Wednesday (June 1). So ~48 hours to go either way...

Just saw Mock Draft that has him 55th.

Quote Originally Posted by RetireVergaJersey View Post
    Just saw Mock Draft that has him 55th.
    It is becoming clear that a lot of voices are suggesting Trevor should come back to Duke. Draft analysts and scouts (who have spoken to journalists) all seem to say his stock is probably outside of the first round. They feel that if he comes back to school and improves his shot and his athleticism then his stock could really soar in next year's draft.

That said, it only takes 1 team for you to realize your draft dreams. If Trevor hears from 29 teams that he should come back to school but hears from OKC, for example (they have the 30th and 34th picks), that they really like him and expect to take him in the late first or early second, then I think he will stay in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    While I can see these showcase workouts are aerobically demanding, I wonder their value with token or no defense being applied. Also, the player can clearly get a rhythm going that is uninterrupted going back to play defense and then deal with another typical 15-20 seconds of play set-up.

Watching both this AJ video and the Keels’ workout video a few weeks ago, they rarely achieved this same level of ‘in-the-zone’ play during last season games. If I was a scout, I think I might just want to see scrimmage time.

It is becoming clear that a lot of voices are suggesting Trevor should come back to Duke. Draft analysts and scouts (who have spoken to journalists) all seem to say his stock is probably outside of the first round. They feel that if he comes back to school and improves his shot and his athleticism then his stock could really soar in next year's draft.

That said, it only takes 1 team for you to realize your draft dreams. If Trevor hears from 29 teams that he should come back to school but hears from OKC, for example (they have the 30th and 34th picks), that they really like him and expect to take him in the late first or early second, then I think he will stay in the draft.
    There are some in Michigan fan circles who legitimately believe (seemingly based mostly on rumor) that OKC has already done this to Caleb Houstan which is why he skipped the combine. If true, that’s one less potential team to promise Trevor

There are some in Michigan fan circles who legitimately believe (seemingly based mostly on rumor) that OKC has already done this to Caleb Houstan which is why he skipped the combine. If true, that’s one less potential team to promise Trevor
    Teams do make promises and, except in very rare cases, they keep those promises. If OKC has made a promise to Caleb Houston, I strongly suspect they will use one of their picks in the 30s on him. Nothing wrong with that. It is not tampering or anything nefarious.

Teams do make promises and, except in very rare cases, they keep those promises. If OKC has made a promise to Caleb Houston, I strongly suspect they will use one of their picks in the 30s on him. Nothing wrong with that. It is not tampering or anything nefarious.
    Haha agreed, didn’t mean to imply otherwise… I just still find it insane someone is promising Houstan a pick after the excessively average season he had.

Haha agreed, didn’t mean to imply otherwise… I just still find it insane someone is promising Houstan a pick after the excessively average season he had.
    It's all about potential or at least perceived potential.