Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1319

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft

  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    If I would have to guess, both Trevor and Wendell are second round picks and both will be spending a lot of time developing over the next couple of years. There is nothing bad about that- but they don't come into the league with any special skill set or freakish size/athleticism. They will need to outwork the competition and become excellent shooters off the bench.
    I heard some teams are looking at Moore as a PG long term ( I guess like smart) so in this case he may see time in the league but I highly doubt once he gets into camp he'll be spending most of this upcoming year in the gleague. He can play wing and has to tool and skillset to contribute as a role player next year. So maybe he sees time in the GLeague to get more on ball reps but I don't think hell be living in there, if so it'll be more of they have a League game one day and the next wes back with the nba team.

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Triangle, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yes, I also hope he makes a wise and fruitful choice...I just fear that the threat of Will Avery Syndrome is too much for a young man to fight off...watching your friends and peers head off towards NBA riches can be persuasive.
    Yeah- seeing all of his teammates go to the league likely has affected Trevorís decision. I really think heís staying in the draft. Maybe 0.001% chance of him returning, and Iím fine with that. I wish him the best. He worked hard for a Duke, played good D, was tough driving the ball.
    I really wanted him to succeed at Duke, but his overall effect was just so-so. His shooting, especially his 3 point shooting, was not good. In fact, post season he only his 19% of his 3 pointers. Yikes. His shooting mechanics are terrible, and Iím surprised our staff didnít get him to put more arc on the ball and get it off his palm. He COULD be a decent shooter with some work. I just think the allure of the NBA is too much for him to turn down.
    Iím ready and excited to see how AJ Greenís shooting can help us.
    cbarry
    Morrisville, NC
    Duke '92

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    FWIW, we also keep forgetting how young Trevor is... he won't turn 19 until August. So even with another year he won't be "an older player" per se... he's more like Wendell on that count.
    He will at that point be 20, so older than the current top prospects at that point would be. Not "old", but older. Right now, he has his youth as a plus. It stops being a clear plus next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    We also forget that Trevor came in with a reputation of being a knock-down three point shooter, although that didn't come to fruition (as oftentimes seems to happen with freshmen). We know how valuable a commodity shooting is in the NBA. If Trevor can shoot closer to 40% than 30% from deep, and combine that with a consistent year of stellar defense, he becomes a guy with a late-lottery floor as a "unique" prospect, regardless of the athleticism measurables, in my view.
    I don't think there is any realistic scenario where "late-lottery floor" applies unless he suddenly gets MUCH more athletic or much taller/longer. I think "late-lottery ceiling" is more appropriate. Guys with his size and athleticism profile simply aren't going to be mid/high lottery picks unless they are absolutely superlative otherwise. Keels can't just be a really good player and have that get him a late-lottery floor. He would have to be ACC PoY level good. Sort of like Luke Kennard his sophomore year. Which is possible. But it's asking a LOT. More likely, he's back in the same boat next year, as a late 1st/early 2nd type of guy.
    Last edited by CDu; 05-20-2022 at 01:25 PM.

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Harden uses his big body well, like Trevor. I think they have pretty similar body types, and the strength/agility stats prove that.

    The difference is Harden was a really good shooter in college as the focal point for ASU. 38% 3pt shooting, 51% 2pt shooting. That's what made him a lottery pick.

    Trevor can overcome these "deficiencies" with much better shooting next year.
    Harden could also jump pretty darn well, was two inches taller, and with much better standing reach and wingspan.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Yeah- seeing all of his teammates go to the league likely has affected Trevorís decision. I really think heís staying in the draft. Maybe 0.001% chance of him returning, and Iím fine with that. I wish him the best. He worked hard for a Duke, played good D, was tough driving the ball.
    I really wanted him to succeed at Duke, but his overall effect was just so-so. His shooting, especially his 3 point shooting, was not good. In fact, post season he only his 19% of his 3 pointers. Yikes. His shooting mechanics are terrible, and Iím surprised our staff didnít get him to put more arc on the ball and get it off his palm. He COULD be a decent shooter with some work. I just think the allure of the NBA is too much for him to turn down.
    Iím ready and excited to see how AJ Greenís shooting can help us.
    Agree. I think Trevorís in the draft to stay come heck or high H20. Thatís OK. Letís get AJ on board hopefully and I will be excited!

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Yeah- seeing all of his teammates go to the league likely has affected Trevorís decision. I really think heís staying in the draft. Maybe 0.001% chance of him returning, and Iím fine with that. I wish him the best. He worked hard for a Duke, played good D, was tough driving the ball.
    I really wanted him to succeed at Duke, but his overall effect was just so-so. His shooting, especially his 3 point shooting, was not good. In fact, post season he only his 19% of his 3 pointers. Yikes. His shooting mechanics are terrible, and Iím surprised our staff didnít get him to put more arc on the ball and get it off his palm. He COULD be a decent shooter with some work. I just think the allure of the NBA is too much for him to turn down.
    Iím ready and excited to see how AJ Greenís shooting can help us.
    Seeing all of his friends ď all of his teammates Ö not all. Everyone is forgetting about one teammate/ friend. Who he played with since high school. Ö Jeremy isnít going to the league and they can continue their chemistry and they can play together in the backcourt at the same time plus have a shot at a national championship as a veteran leader , etc.

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Triangle, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Messimorgan17 View Post
    Seeing all of his friends ď all of his teammates Ö not all. Everyone is forgetting about one teammate/ friend. Who he played with since high school. Ö Jeremy isnít going to the league and they can continue their chemistry and they can play together in the backcourt at the same time plus have a shot at a national championship as a veteran leader , etc.
    Trueó good point! Makes sense from a fanís perspective. But Keels is gone. Never said he would consider returning. Thatís all on us. Heís gone. Letís move on.
    cbarry
    Morrisville, NC
    Duke '92

  8. #528
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Iím not sure about Keelsís decision, but I am sure I wouldnít want this level of critique at his (or any) age.

    Otoh, my summer job at age 18 paid $3.50 an hour.

  9. #529
    I don't know if this has been posted, but maybe it's a done deal....maybe it's not. We'll all know for sure on June 1st


    https://247sports.com/Article/2022-N...ion-187742542/

  10. #530
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Keels is gone. Never said he would consider returning. Thatís all on us. Heís gone. Letís move on.
    The above is not true. Keels has made it clear in numerous interviews that he has not made any final decision and he will still consider coming back to Duke. Coach Scheyer has spoken openly about it as well. It is not at all "on us" to think he might come back to Duke. Both Trevor and Duke have made it abundantly clear that is still a possibility.

    I am not saying it is likely, but the door is not closed.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  11. #531
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Triangle, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The above is not true. Keels has made it clear in numerous interviews that he has not made any final decision and he will still consider coming back to Duke. Coach Scheyer has spoken openly about it as well. It is not at all "on us" to think he might come back to Duke. Both Trevor and Duke have made it abundantly clear that is still a possibility.

    I am not saying it is likely, but the door is not closed.
    My mistake, Jason. The door isnít closed, just open a crack.
    cbarry
    Morrisville, NC
    Duke '92

  12. #532
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The above is not true. Keels has made it clear in numerous interviews that he has not made any final decision and he will still consider coming back to Duke. Coach Scheyer has spoken openly about it as well. It is not at all "on us" to think he might come back to Duke. Both Trevor and Duke have made it abundantly clear that is still a possibility.

    I am not saying it is likely, but the door is not closed.
    Yeah, I've been pretty firm over the past couple of days in suggesting I think he'll stay in the draft. But even I readily admit it's not a lead-pipe lock.

    I think your earlier statement spot-on: he's looking for a reason - any reasonable reason - to stay in the draft. It seems to be what he WANTS to do. And if that's the case, I hope for him that he finds the answers he's looking for. I don't want Duke to be a fallback plan. By that same token, I suspect that he'll stay in the draft. Because guys who really want to go usually wind up going.

    It's also possible he gets enough questionable/negative feedback that he decides returning is his best option. And if so, I hope he has an awesome sophomore year. But while I think it's most likely that he stays in the draft, I agree that it's not at all a certainty yet.

  13. #533
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted, but maybe it's a done deal...maybe it's not. We'll all know for sure on June 1st


    https://247sports.com/Article/2022-N...ion-187742542/
    I like this quote.
    Coach (Jon) Scheyer knows I’m 100% committed to this right now and I’m not worried about that right now and he supports me for that. I love Coach Scheyer, our relationship together is unbelievable. And I told him when that time comes, we would sit down and have a real conversation and go through everything and how it will fall and then make a decision from there.
    And I'm using Javin DeLaurier as a timeline reference. He announced his decision to return on the 27th, which I'm expecting close to the same for Keels.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  14. #534
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Zion O.
    @DukeNBA
    Expectation from Duke staff is that #HeGone
    Quote Tweet
    Jonathan Givony
    @DraftExpress
    ∑ 3h
    Footage of Duke's Trevor Keels from his Pro Day at the NBA Combine in Chicago. The 6'5, 18-year old guard is a projected first round pick. Will be announcing whether he's staying in the NBA draft by the end of the month.

    https://twitter.com/DukeNBA/status/1...N0XG_KYZFTuh9w

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Zion O.
    @DukeNBA
    Expectation from Duke staff is that #HeGone
    Quote Tweet
    Jonathan Givony
    @DraftExpress
    ∑ 3h
    Footage of Duke's Trevor Keels from his Pro Day at the NBA Combine in Chicago. The 6'5, 18-year old guard is a projected first round pick. Will be announcing whether he's staying in the NBA draft by the end of the month.

    https://twitter.com/DukeNBA/status/1...N0XG_KYZFTuh9w
    Why would they signal anything else. They are supporting Trevor as he goes through the process.
    dukelifer

  16. #536
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Zion O.
    @DukeNBA
    Expectation from Duke staff is that #HeGone
    Quote Tweet
    Jonathan Givony
    @DraftExpress
    ∑ 3h
    Footage of Duke's Trevor Keels from his Pro Day at the NBA Combine in Chicago. The 6'5, 18-year old guard is a projected first round pick. Will be announcing whether he's staying in the NBA draft by the end of the month.

    https://twitter.com/DukeNBA/status/1...N0XG_KYZFTuh9w
    The same guy who tweeted a few weeks ago (in response to the Bacot return news) implying we were gonna get Keels back.

    Not that I disagree with the likelihood that he's going pro. But it doesn't seem like that guy has as good insider intel as folks may have thought.

  17. #537
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    The same guy who tweeted a few weeks ago (in response to the Bacot return news) implying we were gonna get Keels back.

    Not that I disagree with the likelihood that he's going pro. But it doesn't seem like that guy has as good insider intel as folks may have thought.
    "He's going or he's staying. I guarantee it!"
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  18. #538
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    "He's going or he's staying. I guarantee it!"
    Sounds like predictions on the NBA Playoffs thread...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

    President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    "He's going or he's staying. I guarantee it!"
    Is that like he will or he won't?

  20. #540
    Keels tested poorly in skills and agility at the NBA draft combine but says he's "all in" for the NBA draft.

Similar Threads

  1. 2022 MLB Season
    By CameronDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 06-15-2022, 05:02 PM
  2. 2022 NBA Mock Draft
    By DavidBenAkiva in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 390
    Last Post: 04-04-2022, 11:44 AM
  3. Snomicron 2022
    By camion in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 01-23-2022, 08:46 AM
  4. Early 2022 Draft Chatter
    By scottdude8 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-06-2021, 02:43 PM
  5. NBA Pre-Draft Measurements (Draft Express)
    By slower in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •