Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
I don’t buy this. Giving some guys a few more minutes won’t keep them from hitting the portal if their main motivation is playing a major role and their prospects look questionable for the next year.

Kansas, Carolina and Duke all played tight rotations this past year. That is par for the course. The best teams have the best players and they play a ton. College ball is structured such that there is (almost) always a huge drop off from 7 to 8 to 9 in the rotation.

Guys like Blake and Schutt develop in practice until they win a spot in the rotation and then need to keep fighting to keep and expand that spot.

I will be very interested to see how Scheyer allocates playing time, but I expect changes to be at the margins, not wholesale.
Carolina did have a tight rotation with Hubert, but played a lot of guys under Roy consistently...which also was much to the chagrin of the fanbase who wanted the best players playing more to optimize the chance of winning a singular game. So, it's a "lose lose" here/"grass is greener" among the fanbases.