We miss Shelden Williams

I think we miss Shelden Williams more this year than we miss JJ. He played great interior defense allowing our smaller guys to really get after it and cause turnovers. He always had their back. It has become more obvious since our offense has kinda picked it up in the last few games. They have the effort but no inside presence.
    BTW, kinda off topic but I thought K did a great job at the end of regulation last night. HE tried to use the "NBA 2 for 1" of course it didn’t work out because we let them get 2 offensive rebounds! AGGGGAAAHHHH. I wonder why we don’t see this used more often in college basketball. You see it every game in the NBA.

Very True

I agree with many that Paulus and Sheyer are not able to guard the opposing team's guards but here is the difference from last year to this year.......Last year if someone blew by Paulus there was the Landlord waiting to swat it.....THis year is someone goes by Paulus it is either a dunk, layup, foul, or some type of rotation problem where McRoberts ends up yelling and blaming someone for something. WE REALLY DO MISS HIM!!!

CMS, I can never disagree with you, though I want to because it would be fun. You and bball nailed it...

he's no shelden, but we actually had a guy on our team average 2.5 blocks per game.

McRoberts ends up yelling and blaming someone for something.

I agree CMS. It seems like he is really yelling at his teamates alot more in the last few games. Most of the time it seems to me that he yells after his mistakes. I dont think it is helping the team.

Josh can be the best big man in the country when he is on. What turns me off is loud cursing after every foul call or turnover. That is not acceptable.

I understand we miss jj and shelden

but i would say overall the supporting cast is better, if we had this team for jj and shelden last year, we would have been tough

We really did miss Shelden this year and nothing demonstrated that more than the NC State fiasco. NC State scored almost at will inside and it was painful to watch--from my perspective, one of the lowest moments in Duke BB for a long time.