Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Aayla Secura is awesome though. The great thing about Hanstravel/Beaker is that it is not complimentary to be compared to Beaker.

I have to confess it took me about 30 seconds to get that this is in reference to Bacot's hair. I feel like there must be a better, more insulting comp out there.
    Aayla Secura is (or was) cool, but she did get taken out like a punk (like the sheep this season, so...). That would never happen to Ahsoka Tano.

EDIT: Also, it was noted earlier in the thread, but be careful in poking fun at ethnic hairstyles. I understand that we're just poking at UNC players, but that also goes a bit towards not normalizing what should be normal hair styles for POCs. Some people have had to endure some pretty humiliating circumstances in order to "conform" to what is considered acceptable.

OK, I'll step off the soapbox
    Last edited by HoKogan; 03-30-2023 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    Aayla Secura is (or was) cool, but she did get taken out like a punk (like the sheep this season, so...). That would never happen to Ahsoka Tano.

EDIT: Also, it was noted earlier in the thread, but be careful in poking fun at ethnic hairstyles. I understand that we're just poking at UNC players, but that also goes a bit towards not normalizing what should be normal hair styles for POCs. Some people have had to endure some pretty humiliating circumstances in order to "conform" to what is considered acceptable.

Agreed. Spork worthy. Must spread comments though.It's your own fault for being a good poster.

I agree with your statement, however you are way out of line. I saw Henry Bibby as a collegiate and pro (he was a hometown Knick). Their game (point guard) from the 1 game I watched of Jared, outside shooting, and facial resemblance makes Separated At Birth make sense.

Reminds me of an old joke where psychiatrist showed inkblots to a client. He described each of 3 pictures in solacious terms. The psychiatrist said to the client, "you know sir, you have a dirty mind!" The client said, "What do you mean? You're the one showing me the dirty pictures."

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    I agree with your statement, however you are way out of line. I saw Henry Bibby as a collegiate and pro (he was a hometown Knick). Their game (point guard) from the 1 game I watched of Jared, outside shooting, and facial resemblance makes Separated At Birth make sense.

Reminds me of an old joke where psychiatrist showed inkblots to a client. He described each of 3 pictures in solacious terms. The psychiatrist said to the client, "you know sir, you have a dirty mind!" The client said, "What do you mean? You're the one showing me the dirty pictures."

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Pretty sure he was talking about the Bacot ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Pretty sure he was talking about the Bacot ones.
    But those (the Bacot SaB's) were a year old. I restarted this particular thread so "what's new" was my contribution.
    From what I can tell, almost all of the SaB's have hair and have their own ethnicity.

Thanks.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Read more carefully. He was talking about the Bacot post. It's clear as day.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

I finally put my finger on why Jared looked familiar (dates me):
    Attachment 15588Attachment 15589

May Jared have as successful a career.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Yes, if Tyrese can come close to Henry Bibby, this season will be a huge success for Duke University. Franklinton, NC's Henry Bibby was point guard on 3 NCAAT championship teams for UCLA in '70-'71-'72. Bibby averaged 27 points per game his freshmen season. He was an outstanding player. They do favor each other in appearance. Let's hope they do in performance.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh he is up there (down there) with Jeremy Mutt Hyatt for ugliest players in ACC history. Now I don't like to talk about people (ok...not true), but Bacot and Mutt are both ugly as a bowling shoe.
    I ran into Jeremy Hyatt a few years ago. We were looking at cars. He had moved on from basketball had a family and was selling Hondas.
    No idea what he's doing currently.

But he stood out enough for me to remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Read more carefully. He was talking about the Bacot post. It's clear as day.
    I apologize for not having read more closely.

Larry
    DevilHorse

I wasn't calling out anyone specifically and I don't want anyone to think I was calling anyone racist or anything like that. I've seen a couple of think pieces that deal with black hair specifically, its cultural significance, how society has used it to other POCs for not complying to western beauty standards and thus they were considered dirty, subhuman, etc. I don't think anyone here comparing Bacot to a fry guy had that intent in the slightest, but I just wanted to raise a bit of awareness that it could be construed that way.

Anyway, as I get older I'm trying to be more "pro-empathy" and try to understand other people's perspectives on things that honestly I would have never paid attention to. I'll stop now before any elected officials try to ban DBR in the state of Florida.

I wasn't calling out anyone specifically and I don't want anyone to think I was calling anyone racist or anything like that. I've seen a couple of think pieces that deal with black hair specifically, its cultural significance, how society has used it to other POCs for not complying to western beauty standards and thus they were considered dirty, subhuman, etc. I don't think anyone here comparing Bacot to a fry guy had that intent in the slightest, but I just wanted to raise a bit of awareness that it could be construed that way.

Anyway, as I get older I'm trying to be more "pro-empathy" and try to understand other people's perspectives on things that honestly I would have never paid attention to. I'll stop now before any elected officials try to ban DBR in the state of Florida.
    I was going to leak that our board had implemented a sovereign clause, but I was a day early.

-jk

You got on the soap box, realized it and got off of it; then got back on just to get political...all in a thread that was just about humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    You got on the soap box, realized it and got off of it; then got back on just to get political...all in a thread that was just about humor.
    It's ok. It's a healthy discussion. And I wouldn't call it political at all.

Humor is great, and all, but sometimes humor comes at the expense of others, and then it's ok to have a discussion about whether that is something appropriate to continue.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Seems like they just asked an important question to put it out there. It wasn't political until you called it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Seems like they just asked an important question to put it out there. It wasn't political until you called it that.
    And so ends the thread

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    And so ends the thread
    Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    This "I'll stop now before any elected officials try to ban DBR in the state of Florida" is political whether I call it that or not.

there is always Huckleberry Hound and Roy Williams