Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I don't want your memorabilia. Pies are the coin of the realm. And I really don't want to make you pay for a pie. Your repeated claims that it was staged, even "absolutely sure" it was, in the absence of any evidence was annoying. I meant for you to put up evidence. But if you want to insist on sending me a pie in a year I'll take the bet.

If it was staged, it was an incredibly stupid move by two intelligent, experienced entertainers with nothing to gain and everything to lose. Now live performers across the land have to worry that some dude (women seem to have more sense) will want his "Will Smith" moment while his buddy records the "event" and posts it to social media. Somewhat luckily, unlike Smith, the dude will be arrested and charged with assault.

They will both be remembered for this as much as anything in their careers, Smith more than Rock on what should have been the crowning achievement/night of his career. Elder statesmen of the industry (Denzel, etc.) have weighed in, and now they're going to tell them all 'Hey, it was just a stunt'? No way.

We're all a little raw this morning, but we'll get over it. Life moves on. Here's one thing I'm "absolutely sure" of: We both have more important things in our lives than a basketball game or dust-up between two entertainers.

Cheers. Or as they say around here, next play.
    Your argument seems to be that the consequences are so severe that there is no way he intentionally did something so stupid to lead to those consequences. Therefore, we must believe that he did a different intentional stupid thing that led to those consequences. I guess? Not clear to me at all. Either way, he did something so dumb and career harming that it's hard to fathom. I don't see one version as more stupid or more of a stretch than the other.

SNL did a lot in the slap but the monologue was the best for my money. The “we shouldn’t talk about it” crowd will love it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QTpNyJYq0Rw

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Your argument seems to be that the consequences are so severe that there is no way he intentionally did something so stupid to lead to those consequences. Therefore, we must believe that he did a different intentional stupid thing that led to those consequences. I guess? Not clear to me at all. Either way, he did something so dumb and career harming that it's hard to fathom. I don't see one version as more stupid or more of a stretch than the other.
    What's so hard to understand? The difference between pre-planning and spur-of-the-moment. For pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    What's so hard to understand? The difference between pre-planning and spur-of-the-moment. For pete's sake.
    We are talking about a guy who has no history of spontaneous violence or gaffes and DOES have a history of premeditated really weird stunts for attention. Not sure why the snark. I guess it's very hard for you to accept someone having a different opinion than yours?

We are talking about a guy who has no history of spontaneous violence or gaffes and DOES have a history of premeditated really weird stunts for attention. Not sure why the snark. I guess it's very hard for you to accept someone having a different opinion than yours?
    No snark intended - what are the weird stunts for attention in his past?

There is no proof that it was staged. That’s really the end of it. Ever heard of Hitchen’s razor?

“What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Table_Talk

Several of the episodes of their talk show. The very public discussion about "entanglements", the birthday party Will threw that Jada then publicly shamed him about. I

In fairness, I just did some googling and found he does actually have more of a history of spontaneous issues than I was aware of.

Again, I'm not saying it was staged. I'm just saying that from my perspective it could have been staged and that the current story doesn't ring true (but that's just an opinion without any factual basis).

I'm also saying that the "there were consequences, so it could not possibly have been staged" argument is a terribly weak one.

Lacking further info, I think we’re done with this one.

-jk