Taylor Hawkins… RIP

Not a huge Foo Fighters fan but I’ll give them the occasional listen. I do like Grohl’s side projects.

In any case, this is devastating news…
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...y-1327112/amp/

Taylor Hawkins passes away at 50

I'm utterly devastated. Such a terrible, tragic loss.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Sorry to have started another thread on this. I am devastated. Love the Foos and Taylor Hawkins. So terribly sad.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I'm utterly devastated. Such a terrible, tragic loss.
    One of my absolute favorite bands of all time.

He had a big part of the storytelling in the Alanis biopic. Engaging personality. RIP.

This one hurts. I still remember geeking out with my roommate when we heard/saw The Pretender for the first time (on MTVU, yes they played music videos ).

Happened about a quarter mile from here, on the other side of our neighborhood. Found out last night. Not my favorite band but I love some of their earlier stuff. We were trying to see them while they were here. Embassy got spun up. No idea who was on duty. I didn't poke around. Up until 3am. Walked out that way this afternoon, seemed like a normal Saturday afternoon. Sucks. Listening to their playlist on the Homepod right now. Was going to do ciclovia in the morning but we will see.
    Last edited by jdk; 03-26-2022 at 08:55 PM.

another suckage
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

This morning, on my run, I stopped by the hotel. There is a memorial set up on the sidewalk now and the news media were there. I snapped a few photos for Wikipedia and left behind a memento. Just sad vibes all around. RIP.

I guess it’s not too surprising but the initial screen revealed a cocktail of drugs in his system.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I guess it’s not too surprising but the initial screen revealed a cocktail of drugs in his system.
    Jeez, we just watched the Brian Wilson special on PBS the other night (premiered a couple weeks ago) and Taylor had a lot to say about Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Jeez, we just watched the Brian Wilson special on PBS the other night (premiered a couple weeks ago) and Taylor had a lot to say about Brian.
    That American Masters on Brian Wilson was tremendous. Seing Hawkins was bittersweet. Such a sad loss.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    That American Masters on Brian Wilson was tremendous. Seing Hawkins was bittersweet. Such a sad loss.
    That was a great show, and very hautning...very sad to see Wilson still struggling with his mental health, yet inspirational that he can pull things together and still perform (at least as of the taping of the documentary). At times driving around LA he looked simply terrified.

Also loved the look of the Beach Boys on the Dick Clark show...who knew a bunch of slouching kids (their body language was great) could do so well.

, etc.!

Dave Grohl is doing a magical job putting together the tribute concerts for Hawkins. An epic 6-hour charity show in London with representatives from the Beatles, Queen, Rush, Oasis, The Police, Metalica, AC/DC, The Pretenders, etc.! Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, as the surviving members of Hawkins' favorite band, played in concert together for the first time (other than 1 song as a surprise guest at the South Park 25th anniversary convert) since Neil Peart retired and then passed away, with Grohl drumming for 2 songs and then Omar Hakim sitting in for YYZ! Then, the Foos built to the emotional crescendo with Grohl fighting back tears in his solo song and Hawkins' son taking his place for "My Hero." It appears it is impossible to get tickets for the LA show.