Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Yep- Scheyer is recruiting shooters
    Seems like a good strategy always …

kid has got some chops...

"One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

From the highlights, really like his court sense, plays under control, winner.

Not physically dominant and not a classic high release jump shot, but very good shooter who can create space through good reads and ball fakes.

Interesting that Gonzaga was after him strongly; he strikes me as the kind of overall player that Mark Few loves. Happy he chose Duke.

My prediction is this guy becomes an NIL superstar. Was really glad to see he chose Duke. He looks like a great PG, but basketball aside I think he will be a huge asset to the team as someone with a huge following and platform in the NIL era. He has over $1 million tik tok followers, almost 350k followers on instagram, as well as a youtube documentary series that has been following him all year long including his state championship win, which gets hundreds of thousands of views per episode. More importantly, he seems to handle everything with professionalism well beyond his age. Even with that huge following, he still had an incredibly successful high school career and managed to perform well. He also has a squeaky clean social media presence, he doesn't curse or touch his toes in anything that could be remotely controversial or cause harm to his reputation. In my mind, he is exactly how every young student athlete should behave on social media and use their online profile as an asset for themselves.

I think adding Jared will help a lot of the other players in developing their online brands, NIL deals, and conducting themselves under the spotlight. The achievements Jared has had as only a highschooler are remarkable. The biggest brand deal I'm aware he has is with CROCS. I am really excited to see how things develop for him and his team mates once he actually gets to Duke. Additionally, he seems like a great basketball player.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukeman View Post
    My prediction is this guy becomes an NIL superstar. Was really glad to see he chose Duke. He looks like a great PG, but basketball aside I think he will be a huge asset to the team as someone with a huge following and platform in the NIL era. He has over 1 million tik tok followers, almost 350k followers on instagram, as well as a youtube documentary series that has been following him all year long including his state championship win, which gets hundreds of thousands of views per episode. More importantly, he seems to handle everything with professionalism well beyond his age. Even with that huge following, he still had an incredibly successful high school career and managed to perform well. He also has a squeaky clean social media presence, he doesn't curse or touch his toes in anything that could be remotely controversial or cause harm to his reputation. In my mind, he is exactly how every young student athlete should behave on social media and use their online profile as an asset for themselves.

I think adding Jared will help a lot of the other players in developing their online brands, NIL deals, and conducting themselves under the spotlight. The achievements Jared has had as only a highschooler are remarkable. The biggest brand deal I'm aware he has is with CROCS. I am really excited to see how things develop for him and his team mates once he actually gets to Duke. Additionally, he seems like a great basketball player.
    Edit: Now 425k on instagram and 1.5 million on tik tok, as well as a youtube channel with over 50k subscribers. I may just turn this into a dedicated check in on Jared. The kid is a social media genius and regardless of his skill on the court I think he is going to have huge effects on his team mates in helping to grow their following and earn more NIL deals. If you watch his content, he seems to just have a great understanding of how to act on camera. I loved our guys last year but you could tell which players felt comfortable talking and acting on camera and which ones didn't (totally normal, esp if ur 18 years old obviously). I think he will be a big help in that respect as well. So excited for him on the court and the for the content Duke comes out with this year.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but was reclassifying ever an option for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Welcome to Duke Jared!

Already a big win today. Another one hopefully coming.
    Inquiring minds want to know…….. pray tell…..spill the beans….cough it up….so forth and so on….

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know…….. pray tell…..spill the beans….cough it up….so forth and so on….
    Well, that was a month and a half ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, that was a month and a half ago...
    Yep, with at least 2 new commits since then.

Oh, so that’s what those little dates mean on each post. Learn something new ever day. ��

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    The beans have already been spilled, grew mold, and became a nest for gnats and flies...

In the Dean Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    The beans have already been spilled, grew mold, and became a nest for gnats and flies...

In the Dean Dome.
    FITS?

Welcome to Duke! Jared seems like an awesome personality to have on the team (besides his considerable basketball skills!). Can’t wait to see him in Cameron!

If permitted, I'd like to go off on a slight tangent.

Jared McCain is from California. Who is the best player from California to ever play for Duke? Jay Bilas?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post

Jared McCain is from California. Who is the best player from California to ever play for Duke? Jay Bilas?
    I guess it depends on one's definition. Born in California? Played high school ball in California? If the latter, it's Bagley. Otherwise, it's Cherokee Parks.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post

Marvin Bagley was 1st team A-A in 2018 and did attend HS in CA as well as AZ; he was born and grew up in CA.

Cherokee was twice second-team All ACC.

DeMarcus Nelson was 1st team All ACC in 2007-08.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukeman View Post
    My prediction is this guy becomes an NIL superstar. Was really glad to see he chose Duke. He looks like a great PG, but basketball aside I think he will be a huge asset to the team as someone with a huge following and platform in the NIL era. He has over $1 million tik tok followers, almost 350k followers on instagram, as well as a youtube documentary series that has been following him all year long including his state championship win, which gets hundreds of thousands of views per episode. More importantly, he seems to handle everything with professionalism well beyond his age. Even with that huge following, he still had an incredibly successful high school career and managed to perform well. He also has a squeaky clean social media presence, he doesn't curse or touch his toes in anything that could be remotely controversial or cause harm to his reputation. In my mind, he is exactly how every young student athlete should behave on social media and use their online profile as an asset for themselves.

This statement is how fans build players up in their minds and wind up disappointed that they are real people...

Duke Men's Basketball posted a tweet Friday morning: it's a photo of Caleb Foster, TJ Power, and Sean Stewart at K Academy. It mentions that Jared McCain was at his high school graduation and will be joining them in Durham soon.

The DBR front page posted an article last week that recommended a video profile of McCain and his high school career.

Speaking of videos, I came across this Champs Sports commercial featuring Jared McCain and others. It was posted to YouTube last week.

Duke has had high-profile recruits before, and Paolo Banchero and Dariq Whitehead have been part of national ad campaigns while in college, but this is somewhat new. Jared McCain has a huge online following, and a bit of an advertising headstart because California allows NIL for its high school athletes. If there's going to be a Jared McCain media blitz at Duke, it should start soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    If there's going to be a Jared McCain media blitz at Duke, it should start soon.
    How about now?

Panini: Panini America Signs Six Top NBA Prospects to Exclusive Agreements

Irving, TX – July 28, 2023 – Panini America, the exclusive trading card partner of the NBA and the world’s largest sports and entertainment collectibles company, has announced exclusive, multi-year partnerships with six NBA prospects, all of whom are currently projected to be first-round picks in the 2024 NBA Draft. Each player’s agreement includes exclusive trading cards and memorabilia, and all six will join Panini this weekend at the 2023 National Sports Collectors convention in Chicago. The full group of Panini athletes being announced today includes:

Matas Buzelis, G-League Ignite
    Donovan Clingan, Connecticut
    Ja’Kobe Walter, Baylor
    Jared McCain, Duke
    Kwame “KJ” Evans Jr., Oregon
    Omaha Biliew, Iowa State
    paninijaredmccain.jpg

So the convention was in Chicago last weekend. Funny how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    How about now?

Panini: Panini America Signs Six Top NBA Prospects to Exclusive Agreements

paninijaredmccain.jpg

So the convention was in Chicago last weekend. Funny how that worked out.
    clicking through their website (namely the basketball page) and one sees a ton of Paolo...

https://www.paniniamerica.net/cards/...asketball.html