Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1812
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That picture needs to take up more space on my browser. That way I can see it from my neighbor's house.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    A son?
    He’s really doing things much differently than Coach K.
    Congratulations to the Scheyer family
    A son means Scheyer will focus more on defensive rebounding, extending the rotation, and dipping into the transfer portal.

Different from Coach K indeed
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

A son?
    He’s really doing things much differently than Coach K.
    Congratulations to the Scheyer family
    Just nailing down a roster spot for 2040. He has 18 years to work on his shooting mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I find your post offensive.

For whatever physical skills Keels did or didn’t display last year, I never saw or heard anyone else ever say they perceived him to be either undisciplined or lackadaisical. And while Banchero was not always as active defensively as we might’ve liked, he was plenty agile. And AJ was not a good defender either but again I never thought it was from being lackadaisical. Lackadaisical implies lazy. And now you’ve already pronounced it likely that Mark Mitchell will be lackadaisical too?

And yet somehow you have already determined that Green will be more disciplined and have a higher IQ than Keels.

These are words with charged meanings and associations.
    Before you say something like that above without knowing a person's identity or race think and then don't(I'm Black). No thing about my post was offensive freshman tend to be bad on deffense,outside of some outliers. They tend to gamble the tend to drift when the ball is not in front of them. They usually tend to care more about offense than defense. Nothing about that was "charged".

And if you want to see some proof then either go back watch full games( I use synergy) or here's a keels draft scouting report.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAs_9rWnf3s&t=652s

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Just nailing down a roster spot for 2040. He has 18 years to work on his shooting mechanics.
    Also he needs to hit the weight room.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Cue the 2040 minutes thread

Cue the 2040 minutes thread
    I need to know how long Scheyer's son's neck is. That's directly correlated to minutes.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I need to know how long Scheyer's son's neck is. That's directly correlated to minutes.
    Hope his mother is more athletic than his father!

Talk about a sidebar that needed its own thread.

From Brendan Marks most recent The Athletic article:

"testing didn't do him any favors." -- in reference to Trevor Keels. The article is behind a paywall so I cannot C&P it but it sounds like he did not perform well enough to change the consensus of him being a 2nd round pick. Anonymous scouts used Wendell as an example of why Keels should go back to school for another year. They mainly said he needs to work on his body. "Keels finished with the 4th highest body fat percentage among all players measured"

Marks said decision will come closer to June 1. He didn't make any predictions.

https://theathletic.com/3332879/2022...a-draft-keels/

That article was written as to Keels testing but Keels was really good in his workouts for NBA teams and left a favorable impression on those who watched him.

As much as I would like to have Keels back at Duke, I am moving forward with him not returning.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by KKDL19 View Post
    That article was written as to Keels testing but Keels was really good in his workouts for NBA teams and left a favorable impression on those who watched him.

As much as I would like to have Keels back at Duke, I am moving forward with him not returning.
    The article seems to imply differently... it specifically mentions that Keels shooting stroke was quite inconsistent at his "pro day". I haven't seen any specific reporting about his individual workouts beyond the video clip he and his team released, which of course will be positive. I'm not doubting your account, but curious where it's coming from...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

JJ Jackson's Duke podcast yesterday discussed that Keels turned heads in his work outs ... listen to it

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    JJ Jackson's Duke podcast yesterday discussed that Keels turned heads in his work outs ... listen to it
    Which direction?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

In a good way

Not really. It was said that Paolo mentioned that in a tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    The article seems to imply differently... it specifically mentions that Keels shooting stroke was quite inconsistent at his "pro day". I haven't seen any specific reporting about his individual workouts beyond the video clip he and his team released, which of course will be positive.
    As I noted earlier in this thread, that video clip did not show Keels consistently hitting 3pointers. Obviously, they edited out all the misses, but he never, once hit even 3 threes in a row in the video. It is worth noting that he was completely unguarded on every shot... you gotta be able to run together a few sets of 3 or 4 or 5 threes in a row if you are unguarded.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Duke insider Adam Rowe has flipped his crystal ball pick on AJ Green from Duke to Iowa State.

I am choosing to believe that this is a sign Keels is coming back to Duke, because thinking otherwise is sorta making me ill
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The worst case scenario is: 1) Keels doesn’t come back, 2) Green goes elsewhere, 3) Baker stays in the portal (which IMHO may not happen if either #’s 1 & 2 come to pass).

That means that we probably start four 5 stars, and a 4 star (either Baker or Shutt). Many top tier teams would be ecstatic with that situation.

Duke fans (including me) are so spoiled. The season cannot start soon enough.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Duke insider Adam Rowe has flipped his crystal ball pick on AJ Green from Duke to Iowa State.

I am choosing to believe that this is a sign Keels is coming back to Duke, because thinking otherwise is sorta making me ill
    This is VERY interesting… I’m trying to keep my expectations low to avoid getting hurt again but I’m finding it harder and harder to do.