Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DBR bracket challenge

Is there an official one that I missed?

OTherwise the older group on ESPN still exists: https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-...roupID=4170663
    1200. DDMF.

I created that group last season and am happy to reuse it this year if there are no objections. I don’t believe there’s a password.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I created that group last season and am happy to reuse it this year if there are no objections. I don’t believe there’s a password.
    Group Password: goduke
    1200. DDMF.

Joined. Thanks for opening the bracket.

GoDuke!

I'm in

Thanks for starting the group!

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    As is tradition, if you win this bracket challenge, you are invited to do a guest appearance on the podcast. Winner can DM me to set that up.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup wherever podcasts are given away for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    As is tradition, if you win this bracket challenge, you are invited to do a guest appearance on the podcast. Winner can DM me to set that up.
    whatt??? I think I've won at least twice!
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    whatt??? I think I've won at least twice!
    Yeah, I think I may have won one year also, but it was before the podcast. I always pick Duke to win, but I'll be pretty surprised if it happens this year. If there was real money on it, I think I'd pick Kansas but I haven't thought about it much

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    When does it need to be in by?

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Yeah, I think I may have won one year also, but it was before the podcast. I always pick Duke to win, but I'll be pretty surprised if it happens this year. If there was real money on it, I think I'd pick Kansas but I haven't thought about it much
    It doesn't seem yahoo has records anymore, but understandably, I won in 2017...turns out not many people on DBR pick UNC....I think I also won in 2013 with UL, but wasn't sure. I *almost* won in 2011...I had uconn picked, but then when Kyrie came back, I switched that elite 8 matchup to pick duke to go all the way instead. Whoops. Thanks Kyrie...
    1200. DDMF.

It doesn't seem yahoo has records anymore, but understandably, I won in 2017...turns out not many people on DBR pick UNC...I think I also won in 2013 with UL, but wasn't sure. I *almost* won in 2011...I had uconn picked, but then when Kyrie came back, I switched that elite 8 matchup to pick duke to go all the way instead. Whoops. Thanks Kyrie...
    This is only the 2nd time we've done it where the winner gets a segment. I don't think the winner last year ever followed up, but hopefully this year's winner will!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    This is only the 2nd time we've done it where the winner gets a segment. I don't think the winner last year ever followed up, but hopefully this year's winner will!
    I more wish we had the history of how various DBR posters did! would be fun to have it tracked over the years.
    1200. DDMF.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    I more wish we had the history of how various DBR posters did! would be fun to have it tracked over the years.
    This is now your quest.

There wasn't much interest in the contest last year because, well you know. And the previous year of course the tournament was cancelled. Hard to believe it's been three years since we've been able to watch our team in the tourney.

What happened?

I just picked Purdue over Tennessee in the Finals?

Who am I and what have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I just picked Purdue over Tennessee in the Finals?

Who am I and what have I done?
    it's okay. i have tennessee, auburn, and kentucky in the F4.
    1200. DDMF.

This year I am going with my head and not my heart. Basically heartless. I have the Devils bowing out to the Red Raiders in the S16. It's absolutely not what I want to happen. For one thing, I'd be paying hundreds of dollars to watch them lose in SF, which would suck! My hope is with the staff to make changes and inspire this team to greatness. But hope and prayer is not a strategy to winning. Like many of us, I do not like the way Duke has been playing over the last 4 games, as well as their inconsistency, deficit of floor leadership, etc. If their road ends prematurely, people will say that we peaked in December. I will say it peaked after the 1st Carolina game.

My FF - Gonzaga, Arizona, Kentucky, Iowa, with the Zags winning it all. They are kind of like Duke was in the late 80s and early 90s. Always showing up, but never getting over the hump. Few is too good a recruiter/coach to never win one. He's due, so why not this year?

9F

i have duke beating auburn for the chip
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Just looked over staff picks for The Athletic and ESPN. Out of ~70 picks total, only 1 has Duke in the FF (Jay Alter at ESPN, who also has Duke winning it all). The vast majority have Gonzaga out of the West, with an occasional Texas Tech, and one voter for UConn.

https://theathletic.com/3181536/2022...-championship/
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...urnament-picks
    (The Athletic is a pay site)

I hope Duke wins and one of you out there takes home some cash.

9F