Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wake beat VCU today 80-74.

UVa won in OT at North Texas last night.

UVa moved on to the NIT quarterfinals. They host St. Bonaventure tomorrow at 7 pm ET on ESPN.

The winner moves on to the semifinals at Madison Square Garden.

Wake plays at Texas A&M Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    Garrison Brooks ends his college career winless vs. UVA. You hate to see it.
    I don't want to get hammered for this, but I actually thought Brooks was one of the more likable players that played for UNC in the past 5ish years. Seemed kind of underrated to me, terrific mid range shooter for a big. I suppose Hubert was transparent with him and Kessler when he came on that he was only going to play one "traditional" big at a time and that was going to be Bacot (or else those guys just didn't want to stay at UNC w/o Roy as their coach).

Anyhow, in keeping with the thread, just to update anyone who cares (and you probably don't, lol) - the "not-so-elite-8" tips Tue and Wed this week, with things moving to MSG for the "fair-to-middling-4" the following Tue, and NIT championship on Thur.

As far as the ACC is concerned, Virginia and Wake (only ACC entrants) still alive, bringing the ACC's total postseason record for both tournaments to a sparkling (so far) 12-2. I'm not gonna say the ACC was underrated as I believe the bigger sample size of noncon is a better indicator of quality... but the teams are "surviving and advancing" when it counts.... so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    I don't want to get hammered for this, but I actually thought Brooks was one of the more likable players that played for UNC in the past 5ish years. Seemed kind of underrated to me, terrific mid range shooter for a big. I suppose Hubert was transparent with him and Kessler when he came on that he was only going to play one "traditional" big at a time and that was going to be Bacot (or else those guys just didn't want to stay at UNC w/o Roy as their coach).

Anyhow, in keeping with the thread, just to update anyone who cares (and you probably don't, lol) - the "not-so-elite-8" tips Tue and Wed this week, with things moving to MSG for the "fair-to-middling-4" the following Tue, and NIT championship on Thur.

As far as the ACC is concerned, Virginia and Wake (only ACC entrants) still alive, bringing the ACC's total postseason record for both tournaments to a sparkling (so far) 12-2. I'm not gonna say the ACC was underrated as I believe the bigger sample size of noncon is a better indicator of quality... but the teams are "surviving and advancing" when it counts... so far.
    I think everyone had the Acc in last place or 4th among the power 5.All the TV talking heads,they had me convinced for a couple of days.I can root for all Acc teams except for a certain team.

UVa is down 21-17 at the half at home to St. Bonaventure.

The winner moves to the NIT final four at Madison Square Garden.

Now, I AM cheering for UVA, but 4 fouls in over 28 minutes of basketball? That seems impossible.

UVA by 5 with 3 to go.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

UVa loses 52-51 to St. Bonaventure.

Kihei Clark likely ends his collegiate career with a home L and getting his shot blocked at the buzzer into the stands.

Down goes UVA.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Practice your free throws, kids.

UVA could have iced it at the line but went 1-2, then missed front end of 1-and-1. Bonnys are a good story though. All seniors, kid hit a deep double clutch 3 late to pull them within 1 that put the pressure on UVA to miss the front end of the 1-and-1.

Practice your free throws, kids.

UVA could have iced it at the line but went 1-2, then missed front end of 1-and-1. Bonnys are a good story though. All seniors, kid hit a deep double clutch 3 late to pull them within 1 that put the pressure on UVA to miss the front end of the 1-and-1.
    SBU is a good team. That was a great game. Kihei can’t go out like that, can he?

UVA tried to blow it last game, but succeeded this time. Sending your 5'-nothing guard down the lane to get his shot blocked as time expired is not a recipe for success.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    UVa loses 52-51 to St. Bonaventure.

Kihei Clark likely ends his collegiate career with a home L and getting his shot blocked at the buzzer into the stands.
    No offense to the classy, knowledgeable UVa fans who post here, but glad to see the Bonnies get the win. Maybe it was the memory of our loss in Cameron to the Wahoos on a last second shot.

SBU is a good team. That was a great game. Kihei can’t go out like that, can he?
    Clark will take some time and make his decision. Those I know who would be positioned to know believe he is looooong gone. But I won't be shocked if he comes back.

If he returns, I'll cheer my butt off for him. If he leaves, I'll cheer for the next guy wearing the jersey. Which scenario is best for the team/program? I honestly have no idea (and fortunately, no control). And LOTS of Virginia fans will disagree on whether he SHOULD come back or not (though I'd imagine it would be near unanimous that he has EARNED the right to come back with his clutch plays during the '19 title run, and 4000+ minutes of service).

The referees called a ridiculous offensive foul on Virginia's Reece Beekman that disqualified him. The Cavs could have used him down the stretch.

Clark will take some time and make his decision. Those I know who would be positioned to know believe he is looooong gone. But I won't be shocked if he comes back.

If he returns, I'll cheer my butt off for him. If he leaves, I'll cheer for the next guy wearing the jersey. Which scenario is best for the team/program? I honestly have no idea (and fortunately, no control). And LOTS of Virginia fans will disagree on whether he SHOULD come back or not (though I'd imagine it would be near unanimous that he has EARNED the right to come back with his clutch plays during the '19 title run, and 4000+ minutes of service).
    Yes he is a warrior. He has been thru highs and lows at UVa but has represented the university admirably. I wish him nothing but the best in whatever he chooses. His stats don’t tell his whole story - he is a UVa legend.

Yes he is a warrior. He has been thru highs and lows at UVa but has represented the university admirably. I wish him nothing but the best in whatever he chooses. His stats don’t tell his whole story - he is a UVa legend.
    Well said. Won't be in anybody's top 20-30 players statistically, but might make the top 5 "heart and soul" kinda guys. If he does leave, I'll miss the little guy (but also be happy to not have a 5'7ish guy out there playing 36 mpg.

Well said. Won't be in anybody's top 20-30 players statistically, but might make the top 5 "heart and soul" kinda guys. If he does leave, I'll miss the little guy (but also be happy to not have a 5'7ish guy out there playing 36 mpg.
    5' 10" Nick Honor from Clemson is in the transfer portal...the Whos could add him to the roster.

The 2021-2022 ACC POY and COY are down 32-15 at the half at Texas A&M in the NIT quarterfinals.

This league!

Meat grinder.

Why not? Most of his career was like that. As an underclassmen, he was the last perimeter guy the other team had to guard, so he was able to sort of sneak around, find soft spots, and be effective. The last few years, when they needed him to raise his game, he couldn't. He's an old school point guard that relies on talented teammates, and those are in increasingly short supply at UVA.