1 2.27%
  • Akron

0 0%
  • Yale

0 0%
Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1229
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I agree with just about everything you wrote. The only thing with which we might find disagreement is the idea of the overriding importance of Final Fours and National Championships.

Duke has only been to one Final Four (ONE!) in the past twelve seasons, yet we have played UNC, what, 26 or 27 times over that span? The Rivalry is far more important, and consistently adds much more interest and excitement to our sporting lives, than does the occasional Final Four or National Championship.
    Yes- and always another opportunity to redeem this (for either team) in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Alas, I think UNC is a horrid matchup for St. Peter's.
    Kentucky, Murray State and Purdue agree...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    That would either be 2 in the last 12 seasons if you are counting 2010-2021 or tbd if you are counting 2011-2022
    I’m counting 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020, and 2020-2021. 2021-2022 is yet to be determined. So if Duke loses today it will be one FF in 12 seasons.

But even if Duke wins today it will still only be two FFs in 12 seasons, which doesn’t even come close to providing the volume of interest and excitement as does playing UNC 25-plus times over that span.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Yes- and always another opportunity to redeem this (for either team) in one way or another.
    YES!!

i'll worry more about the apocalypse if duke and unc both make it in
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I’m counting 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020, and 2020-2021. 2021-2022 is yet to be determined. So if Duke loses today it will be one FF in 12 seasons.

But even if Duke wins today it will still only be two FFs in 12 seasons, which doesn’t even come close to providing the volume of interest and excitement as does playing UNC 25-plus times over that span.
    That was true, before the scandal. Now UNC is just another cheater school to me (and many others here).

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    That was true, before the scandal. Now UNC is just another cheater school to me (and many others here).
    I understand the sentiment, I really do. However, with NIL — whereby boosters are basically paying for players now — with transfers being an absolute epidemic, and with the majority of Duke’s best players not even graduating anymore, well, that sentiment rings rather hollow.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i'll worry more about the apocalypse if duke and unc both make it in
    Just as long as we do our part tonight.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

can't really worry about dessert while we're still eating the raccoon roast, can we?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    can't really worry about dessert while we're still eating the raccoon roast, can we?
    True. The possum pie can wait.

Can’t believe there are actually people saying they would rather lose tonight than face the CHeats in the final four. That is unfathomable to me. I want to win every game and advance as far as possible. If one of those matchup happens to be against the CHeats, then so be it. I care 100x more about what we do. And I say this as someone who lives in the triangle, works and socializes with fans of all three schools. I talk plenty of smack when Duke wins and I take it when we lose. If we face them in the FF and lose, that would totally suck but would be just one chapter in the rivalry. We would take our medicine and move on. To suggest that the result of one game would completely negate everything else that happened before and will happen after does a disservice to the significance of the rivalry IMO. And knowing that a victory would put us in the title game with the added bonus of having beat them is incentive enough for me to want to win tonight.

I notice that no one picked St. Peters to win the East.

I also notice that St. Peters wasn't one of the listed choices on my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Can’t believe there are actually people saying they would rather lose tonight than face the CHeats in the final four. That is unfathomable to me. I want to win every game and advance as far as possible. If one of those matchup happens to be against the CHeats, then so be it. I care 100x more about what we do. And I say this as someone who lives in the triangle, works and socializes with fans of all three schools. I talk plenty of smack when Duke wins and I take it when we lose. If we face them in the FF and lose, that would totally suck but would be just one chapter in the rivalry. We would take our medicine and move on. To suggest that the result of one game would completely negate everything else that happened before and will happen after does a disservice to the significance of the rivalry IMO. And knowing that a victory would put us in the title game with the added bonus of having beat them is incentive enough for me to want to win tonight.
    Brilliantly stated!

100% agree.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

There are so many nightmare scenarios looming if you are not a fan of UNC including UNC being the odds on favorites to win it all in 2023 if everyone comes back. Need to take it one game at a time.

I must spread more comments around, yada yada yada.

This is perfect!

This. You play basketball to win.

Not that I think we will win any of our remaining games.

You want zporks? This is how you get zporks.

Hecks yes, DBR brother.

We're sitting here a few hours before K coaches his FINAL Elite Eight game dithering over That Other Team.

Win. TCB. Then go win some more.

Sporkz my Duke friend. I'll never root against Duke. It's sort of like playing with house money every time we play those cheats. They lost their soul when Saint Dean and Old Roy reverted to cheating to keep up with Duke.

GoDuke! GTHC!!!!