Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So Who Stays and Who Goes?

Might as well start this now...

Paolo, AJ, Mark, Wendell and Keels all locks to go. So we return Roach, maybe Joey and Blakes?

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post

Paolo, AJ, Mark, Wendell and Keels all locks to go. So we return Roach, maybe Joey and Blakes?
    I think Mark, Wendell, and Keels could very well all be second rounders.

Sorry - this discussion now is unacceptable. Had to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Sorry - this discussion now is unacceptable. Had to be said.
    I could see the argument that it's in poor taste after another terrible loss...

...but I think it's acceptable. Always prudent to look toward the future.

I'm not seeing Keels as a first rounder right now. He really could use another year, and I hope he considers it.

When the season is over. This season is still going on. Give a week- geez and see if Duke is still dancing

Your first sentence is accurate. The only reason you posted this now was because of the loss. Had we won last night, I am quite sure you would not have made this post. Hence, it is in poor taste and unacceptable.

I read somewhere that K might leave after this season. Huge if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I read somewhere that K might leave after this season. Huge if true.
    Good thing he didn’t announce it publicly or else the team might face unnecessary pressure to win
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Or not.

The players aren't focused on leaving, and as a fan I'm not either.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Before the next loss: rumor mongering.

After the next loss: predictions.

Always been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Or not.

The players aren't focused on leaving, and as a fan I'm not either.
    We hope; but if I were 18 years old and 3 months from signing a multi-million $$ contract, don’t know that I wouldn’t be looking ahead a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    We hope; but if I were 18 years old and 3 months from signing a multi-million $$ contract, don’t know that I wouldn’t be looking ahead a bit.
    A couple million certainly lessens the sting of losing doesn’t it. 😃. And curious how the previous poster knows what our players are focused on currently.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Your first sentence is accurate. The only reason you posted this now was because of the loss. Had we won last night, I am quite sure you would not have made this post. Hence, it is in poor taste and unacceptable.
    It's something I've actually wondered most of the season. Who, if any, would be around to help the transition to Jon with experience? Or would he basically be starting from scratch with the recruiting class?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

But I will say I've never really understood this almost superstitious belief of "How dare ye speak of season yonder while season current is still upon us!"

I've never seen harm in discussing the future, realizing that games yet to be played could still alter decisions to be made.

It's something I've actually wondered most of the season. Who, if any, would be around to help the transition to Jon with experience? Or would he basically be starting from scratch with the recruiting class?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    At a minimum, Roach and Blakes should be back next year. Maybe Joey.

Maybe Duke gets lucky and Moore, Jr. or Williams return.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post

You think Keels is for sure gone?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post

I can see Moore returning. That would not shock me. Mark returning would be a shocker. We are bringing in a TON of size next year. We would have to play triple towers of MW returned.

The bigger question is if Roach and Blake’s will make good jumps over the summer. I would love for Roach to become next year’s Jared Butler or Davion Mitchell. That bodes well for us.

Will leave the rest of my thoughts until April when our season is done.

You think Keels is for sure gone?
    I would say he’s the most physically developed guards in the Draft pool so I’m not sure what he’d gain from coming back versus the risk of injury. I think he’s gone. Would be pleasantly surprised if he returned.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    I can see Moore returning. That would not shock me. Mark returning would be a shocker. We are bringing in a TON of size next year. We would have to play triple towers of MW returned.

The bigger question is if Roach and Blake’s will make good jumps over the summer. I would love for Roach to become next year’s Jared Butler or Davion Mitchell. That bodes well for us.

Will leave the rest of my thoughts until April when our season is done.
    Yea that’s true about Mark. He’s probably gone. Roach will be a stud next year. He’s going to be a great starting PG. He has really come on strong during the ACCT. Blakes will be a solid backup.

But we can still have a sensational ending this year. This team despite what they’ve been thru the last two Saturdays is still in a good position to win some more games this year.