Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    My Seahawks resign Metcalf. He'll be our cornerstone.
    Just need a QB that can hit a huge fast target.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    There has to have been a better way to handle this. Like include a more general clause which would cover the issue without (a) embarrassing their QB, and (b) making the team look like heavy-handed micro managers.
    My assumption was that it was intended to embarrass him, probably in the hopes of lighting an "I'll show them" kind of fire under him. Why else would the team have leaked it themselves? Will it be effective? No idea, but it isn't unprecedented (in sports or elsewhere) and people other than Murray himself aren't exactly coming out of the woodwork to rush to his defense...

The Bucs' SB aspirations took a M-A-J-O-R hit yesterday. Their Pro-Bowl starting center, Ryan Jensen, went down yesterday in practice with what looks like a season-ending knee injury. This guy is one of the toughest dudes in the NFL, having never missed a game for Tampa Bay in 4 years (in spite of some serious injuries). So for him to get carted off the practice field yesterday, throwing his helmet down in disgust, doesn't portend a good outcome.

As most of you know, Brady is a different QB when he has a good line in front of him (particularly a good inside line where he's not bull-rushed up the middle). More than likely, this ends any realistic chance Tampa Bay has of getting back to the Super Bowl.

Bummer for fans like me. But it's par for the course during this, the most-cursed and horrible, of sports years. 2022 will easily go down as the worst sports fandom year of my lifetime. And it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    My assumption was that it was intended to embarrass him, probably in the hopes of lighting an "I'll show them" kind of fire under him. Why else would the team have leaked it themselves? Will it be effective? No idea, but it isn't unprecedented (in sports or elsewhere) and people other than Murray himself aren't exactly coming out of the woodwork to rush to his defense...
    along these lines, according to this report Zion has a weight/body fat clause in his contract:https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/z...se-per-report/

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My Seahawks resign Metcalf. He'll be our cornerstone.
    Just need a QB that can hit a huge fast target.
    I listened to two so called, fantasy football experts yesterday and they both agreed Metcalf will do well if Geno Smith is the starting QB over Drew Lock. They think Geno will win the QB job and they said, Metcalf had better fantasy numbers with Geno under center than he did with Wilson under center last season. Russ should have a good season with Denver though. My opinion, not there's.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I listened to two so called, fantasy football experts yesterday and they both agreed Metcalf will do well if Geno Smith is the starting QB over Drew Lock. They think Geno will win the QB job and they said, Metcalf had better fantasy numbers with Geno under center than he did with Wilson under center last season. Russ should have a good season with Denver though. My opinion, not there's.
    Geno is a perfect target for a less than perfect QB. Geno has been with the Seahawks for a few years - he knows the system and the routes. I think it's a good move for my team.

Deshaun Watson got six games, no fine. I'm guessing this will quickly go off the rails to PPB if we try to discuss whether this was the appropriate or not so I will not opine on that, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...conduct-policy

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Deshaun Watson got six games, no fine. I'm guessing this will quickly go off the rails to PPB if we try to discuss whether this was the appropriate or not so I will not opine on that, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

It's definitely notable.

So glad my Seahawks didn't sign him.

That's 5 accusers/game. Those are mediocre stats, was really hoping to see more efficiency from the NFL on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That's 5 accusers/game. Those are mediocre stats, was really hoping to see more efficiency from the NFL on this one.
    LOL. Must spread comments, yada, yada, yada.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Will his stats moving forward be referred to as YAA - Yards After Assault?

Thanks, needed that!

I do wonder if the NFL took into account that Watson didn't play last year. I know that wasn't 100% due to his behavior but it had to play into it (meaning I don't think they would have been able to trade him while charges were still pending). As a Clemson alum, I find this entire situation very disappointing.

The NFL wanted longer -- a full year and an $8 million fine -- but there was a mediator who came in with the smaller number of games and no fine. While I am sure the NFL is going to get a ton of blowback on this, it really was not up to them. The NFLPA and Watson's attorney argued for no suspension and no fine.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

It will be easy enough to just not watch the Browns play this year.

Would be a little "cleaner" to suspend Watson for one quarter per lawsuit. That would be 6.25 games. Sets a cleaner precedent and expectation for future sexual assaults by players. Two sexual assaults per half of football. Easy peasy, right?

Oh wait. The NY Times investigation found 66 allegations. So, that would be 11 assaults per game. That's more like five and a half minutes of game clock per sexual assault allegation.

But this begs more questions - if a QB is accused of only ONE sexual assault and is thusly suspended for 5 minutes and 26 seconds, what if his team doesn't take the first possession? The accused might serve their "suspension" while the team doesn't even have the ball. I think we can ALL agree that would be a pretty ridiculous punishment.

*MASSIVE EYE ROLL*

How incredibly disgusting.

Angry

not to be judgmental or anything, but he is a vile lowlife...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It is confounding to me.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Since you said it first, yes, I agree. And not that it is particularly relevant but the fact that the Browns backed up the truck for him and gave him a ridiculous contract with guarantees that no other player in the NFL gets is truly astounding.

It would be really nice if no fans showed up for the first game he is playing in. I know it won't happen but it would be nice.

Since you said it first, yes, I agree. And not that it is particularly relevant but the fact that the Browns backed up the truck for him and gave him a ridiculous contract with guarantees that no other player in the NFL gets is truly astounding.

It would be really nice if no fans showed up for the first game he is playing in. I know it won't happen but it would be nice.
    Yeah, the whole things is just crazy. Furthermore, given that many of them are definitely math savants, other miscreants in the league can interpolate the going rate penalty for let's say only 10 sexual assaults...couple games at the most, eh?

Are Cleveland fans OK with all this?

Is it though...?