Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Also weird that he has over 60 women accusing him but states he had never done even one thing wrong.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Watson is despicable. He should absolutely never play in the NFL again!
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Also weird that he has over 60 women accusing him but states he had never done even one thing wrong.
    Kaepernick is sitting around his house flabbergasted.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Trying not to say too much but I will say that the NDA is a bad look for Watson and he Texans.
    Who goes to that many massage therapists? Most people find one they like and stick with them.
    With a few exceptions, the world would be a better place without NDAs.

The ridiculous fully guaranteed contract Watson got with the Browns has made Haslam persona non grata with the other owners - he probably sits at the kiddie table in the far corner with Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    I read that a number of the "new" accusations were prompted by Watson saying he didn't have any regrets (paraphrased) during one of his recent press conferences.

Oxymoronic thread title

There IS no NFL Off Season...no sooner does the NFL draft conclude then that slithering yapper Mel Kiper begins another round...it just keeps going.

Can you imagine having a “no video games” clause in your two hundred million dollar work contract? Kyler Murray can.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyler-m...054401580.html

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Can you imagine having a “no video games” clause in your two hundred million dollar work contract? Kyler Murray can.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyler-m...054401580.html
    I heard about the four hours of film study this morning, but "no video games" is kind of, um, mortifying?

Then again, for a $200m contract, I could be talked into all manner of stipulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I heard about the four hours of film study this morning, but "no video games" is kind of, um, mortifying?

Then again, for a $200m contract, I could be talked into all manner of stipulations.
    Not exactly what it says. He has to do four hours of film study a week. The fact that they very specifically state that means that historically he has been bad about film study. Which is embarrassing and sad.

There is no "no video games" clause - it just says that during the four hours of film study a week, he has to be studying, and can't simultaneously be playing video games, watching TV, etc. As I read it, outside of the four hours he can do what he wants.

Based on what I know about NFL QBs, four hours per week does not seem like a lot - I feel like a lot of QBs average that much per day.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Not exactly what it says. He has to do four hours of film study a week. The fact that they very specifically state that means that historically he has been bad about film study. Which is embarrassing and sad.

There is no "no video games" clause - it just says that during the four hours of film study a week, he has to be studying, and can't simultaneously be playing video games, watching TV, etc. As I read it, outside of the four hours he can do what he wants.

Based on what I know about NFL QBs, four hours per week does not seem like a lot - I feel like a lot of QBs average that much per day.
    That's exactly what I mean. The fact that they had to include the four hours (seemingly low bar) at all is rather damning, but the "no video games" stipulation is even moreso.

Somewhere Peyton Manning is scratching his head at the idea of only four hours a week of game film.

There has to have been a better way to handle this. Like include a more general clause which would cover the issue without (a) embarrassing their QB, and (b) making the team look like heavy-handed micro managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That's exactly what I mean. The fact that they had to include the four hours (seemingly low bar) at all is rather damning, but the "no video games" stipulation is even moreso.

Somewhere Peyton Manning is scratching his head at the idea of only four hours a week of game film.
    Yeah, Petyon's been retired for years and he probably does more than 4 hours of game film a week still :-)

This reminds me of a young Michael Vick. Or should I say an older Vick when he came out and said that he wishes that he would have put in the work as a young QB to get better instead of just relying on being a great athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    There has to have been a better way to handle this. Like include a more general clause which would cover the issue without (a) embarrassing their QB, and (b) making the team look like heavy-handed micro managers.
    It doesn't make the team look like micro-managers, it makes the quarterback look very lazy.

As far as embarrassing the quarterback, I don't have any problem with it. If he is not willing to put a tiny bit of work into the job he deserves to be called out.

Meanwhile in Green Bay, QB1 about to hop on Con Air

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-r...181041312.html

Or is it John Travolta pretending to be Aaron Rodgers pretending to be Nicholas Cage?

#FaceOff

The side-by-side is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Or is it John Travolta pretending to be Aaron Rodgers pretending to be Nicholas Cage?

#FaceOff
    Face Off may be the most genius movie title ever. Just so many layers.

Face Off may be the most genius movie title ever. Just so many layers.
    good movie but a ludicrous premise...

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    It doesn't make the team look like micro-managers, it makes the quarterback look very lazy.

As far as embarrassing the quarterback, I don't have any problem with it. If he is not willing to put a tiny bit of work into the job he deserves to be called out.
    It doesn’t make the team look like micro-managers — it proves they are. Which may be fine in football, I don’t know.

What I do know is contracts, and this could have been handled better.

KM with the shocking (
    Shocking, I tell ya) response!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-prepare-games

KM with the shocking (
    Shocking, I tell ya) response!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-prepare-games
    Haha, he’s actually flattered! Brilliant.