Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Brady un-retiring!!!
    Your move, Coach K.

Not that it's happening, but I'd take Brady over Watson in Charlotte in a heartbeat. God forbid Rapistburger unretires.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Your move, Coach K.
    Just saw that unbelievable.
    Come on K 2 more years .

Brady didn't have a year long farewell tour that'll make things super awkward.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    D'OH!!

Someone bought Brady's "Last TD Ball" earlier today.
    The winning bidder just spent half a million dollars on a random ball from a playoff loss that isn't likely to hold onto anywhere close to its six-figure value.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-bra...201959580.html

I bet they are feeling a bit deflated right now. (I'll see myself out.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Brady didn't have a year long farewell tour that'll make things super awkward.
    Maybe he saw K's retirement tour and thought "that's what I'm missing!"

Catching up on the off-season:

Laken Tomlinson got three years, $41.2 million ($27 million guaranteed) to go to the Jets from the 49ers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-new-york-jets

Meanwhile, Jamison Crowder signed a one-year deal with the Bills (I can't find a salary), leaving the Jets.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-jd-mckissic

This is a pretty big deal for the Bucs, imho.

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-re...e-free-agency/

"Multiple reports have confirmed that the Bucs have come to terms with running back Leonard Fournette on a new contract."
    Last edited by -jk; 03-22-2022 at 09:36 AM. Reason: quote

Matt Ryan to the Colts. He replaces Carson Wentz at QB who was traded to the Commanders.

I read somewhere the Falcons are taking a long look at Marcus Mariota.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Matt Ryan to the Colts. He replaces Carson Wentz at QB who was traded to the Commanders.

I read somewhere the Falcons are taking a long look at Marcus Mariota.
    They are looking at him so hard that they've already signed him to a two year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    They are looking at him so hard that they've already signed him to a two year deal.
    This is essentially the Falcons going in the tank. Mariotta is not the QB of a team that wins half their games. After years of trying to chase the magic that got them within seconds of a Super Bowl victory, the Falcons are moving fully into rebuild mode. I would imagine the mess that is Calvin Ridley helped contribute to this decision. If they had been able to land Watson, they would have tried to keep it together, but when that fizzled and they then traded Matt Ryan for a 3rd round draft pick, it was the franchise letting him go for one last shot at glory while they burn it down and rebuild. I'd be shocked if the Falcons win more than maybe 5 or 6 games over the next few years. In that time they will draft youngsters and get their salary cap situation under control (they are going to take a massive cap hit for Ryan this season while he plays for another team).

In the best case scenario, the Falcons are relevant again in 2025.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins for a boatload of draft picks and a huge new contract. Not sure why the Chiefs dealt him but we'll take him!! Most exciting player the Dolphins have had in some time. Pairing him with Jalyn Waddle who caught 100 balls as a rookie plus outstanding tight end Mike Gesicki -- Tua is gonna have open targets if he gets the time to throw. Let's go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins for a boatload of draft picks and a huge new contract. Not sure why the Chiefs dealt him but we'll take him!! Most exciting player the Dolphins have had in some time. Pairing him with Jalyn Waddle who caught 100 balls as a rookie plus outstanding tight end Mike Gesicki -- Tua is gonna have open targets if he gets the time to throw. Let's go!!!!
    I think Hill's contract is up after this next season and the Chiefs didn't want to pay him a record contract (for a WR). That said, I think Hill is an absolute game changer and I think this is a huge loss for the Chiefs. Could this be the end of their run as the best team in the AFC?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I think Hill's contract is up after this next season and the Chiefs didn't want to pay him a record contract (for a WR). That said, I think Hill is an absolute game changer and I think this is a huge loss for the Chiefs. Could this be the end of their run as the best team in the AFC?
    Hill is a game changer for sure, but if I try to justify this for the Chiefs it would be 1) if I can only afford to pay 2 of the big three, I would pay Mahomes and Kelce and WRs are more easily replaced; 2) Hill has 6 seasons on him and needs to be 100% healthy to be effective; this is not late career Jerry Rice who beats you with exquisite route running, rather everything is predicated on speed which does not age well; 3) with the glut of picks maybe they can hit on a young WR that gives them 80% of the production for 20% of the costs and also fill other needs.

On the other hand I have a harder time justifying the move for Miami. It’s a “win now” move for a team that I don’t think is ready to win now. I think they mentally spent those picks to get Deshaun Watson and when that didn’t happen they said “well, we’ve got to do something” and pulled the trigger on this deal. Will see how it plays out.

Hill is a game changer for sure, but if I try to justify this for the Chiefs it would be 1) if I can only afford to pay 2 of the big three, I would pay Mahomes and Kelce and WRs are more easily replaced; 2) Hill has 6 seasons on him and needs to be 100% healthy to be effective; this is not late career Jerry Rice who beats you with exquisite route running, rather everything is predicated on speed which does not age well; 3) with the glut of picks maybe they can hit on a young WR that gives them 80% of the production for 20% of the costs and also fill other needs.

On the other hand I have a harder time justifying the move for Miami. It’s a “win now” move for a team that I don’t think is ready to win now. I think they mentally spent those picks to get Deshaun Watson and when that didn’t happen they said “well, we’ve got to do something” and pulled the trigger on this deal. Will see how it plays out.
    I pretty much agree with everything you posted here. I've really enjoyed watching Hill play but I'm glad my favorite team didn't give up 5 good draft picks and a huge chunk of their salary cap to bring him in.

I pretty much agree with everything you posted here. I've really enjoyed watching Hill play but I'm glad my favorite team didn't give up 5 good draft picks and a huge chunk of their salary cap to bring him in.
    If I remember correctly, your favorite team is also the team I grew up rooting for (but now strongly dislike). They are way too smart to make a trade this bad. They fooled everyone by prying away a QB that no one wanted and was going to be cut for the bargain price of 2 picks and a pick swap plus burning a ton of cap space. Savvy.

The picks aren’t actually that much - first round pick this year (#29) and 2nd and 4th round picks this year plus 4th and 6th next year - it is quantity over quality. The salary is huge for a WR, and if that is what he was demanding from the Chiefs, they were smart to get rid of him.

When they recently signed Juju I was wondering if something might be going on. Juju doesn’t equal Hill but with Hill on their roster, WR didn’t seem to be a free agent priority for them.

Apparently Hill was almost traded to the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    The picks aren’t actually that much - first round pick this year (#29) and 2nd and 4th round picks this year plus 4th and 6th next year - it is quantity over quality. The salary is huge for a WR, and if that is what he was demanding from the Chiefs, they were smart to get rid of him.

When they recently signed Juju I was wondering if something might be going on. Juju doesn’t equal Hill but with Hill on their roster, WR didn’t seem to be a free agent priority for them.

Apparently Hill was almost traded to the Jets.
    I thought I read he chose the Dolphins over the Jets. I guess he had was given the choice. But I might be getting him mixed up with another WR recently traded.

GoDuke!

If I remember correctly, your favorite team is also the team I grew up rooting for (but now strongly dislike). They are way too smart to make a trade this bad. They fooled everyone by prying away a QB that no one wanted and was going to be cut for the bargain price of 2 picks and a pick swap plus burning a ton of cap space. Savvy.
    LOL, we both know they are NOT too smart to make any bad trade. As for Wentz, given their situation, I think it was a decent move. By their situation I mean this: they don't have a starting QB on the roster, the draft is not a great QB draft, good FA QB's and QB's with no-trade clauses are not coming to play for Dan Snyder. Wentz's contract is only guaranteed for this year so if he isn't the answer we can try again next year. I realize that Wentz was likely going to be cut by Indy but if he becomes a free agent, he wouldn't come to Washington either. The picks aren't that big of a loss and a few people think we might be able to trade back in the first round to get one of them back. The cap space hit is harsh but they worked on that a bit by releasing a few guys. Anyway, I have no idea what'll work or won't work with this team but it helps that the NFC East isn't strong right now and Washington will have the weakest schedule in the NFL next season. Long term, I don't think we will have consistent success until we have a new owner...

AFC is going to be very tough this year, obviously. I don't think it's THAT crazy to think that Tyreek Hill makes the Dolphins at least an outside contender.

I think most would agree they have a Top 10 defense, if not top 5. Now they have outstanding speed on offense with Hill, Waddle, Gesicki, Mostert. The offensive line has to be better after signing Terron Armstead, who some had as the top FA available, and Connor Williams. In the end, it all comes down to Tua, and whether Mike McDaniel can maximize Tua enough to make him a top 15 or so QB. We will just have to see. It's a lot of money for Hill, no doubt. But $50 million is in that last year of the contract, and there's no way he's ever seeing all of that money. The $120 million number you see in the press is BS. It's like a $5 million cap hit if they cut him before that season, so they'll either cut him or restructure.

Also, the Dolphins still have two first rounders and their second rounder in 2023. If Tua doesn't work out, it probably will not be that hard to convince a veteran QB to want to come here, given the weapons available, or use those picks to move up in the draft and grab a QB. Lamar Jackson is a South Florida native and a pending Free Agent after next season. Tom Brady is finishing a megamansion in South Florida, and we know Stephen Ross has been after him. Maybe Kyler Murray works his way out of Arizona. Dolphins will be in the mix for an upgrade if Tua doesn't work out.