Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I think Kraft is more of a consensual sex scumbag, for whatever that may be worth...has anyone ever alleged assault? I do understand the nuances of prostitution, it's not like he did anything admirable.
    Is there ever consentual sex if there is an exchange of money? Sincere question.

How about if the money is offered after instead of agreed on before?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    In actual NFL offseason news, the first pre-season game was played last night.

I didn't watch it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    In actual NFL offseason news, the first pre-season game was played last night.

I didn't watch it.
    Cutting the preseason was one of the smarter moves by the NFL in recent memory.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    There are some games that I'll be tuning in to at least part of, mostly for the QB interest. Of course as a Panthers fan I'll be checking out the competition between Mayfield and Darnold. I also be watching Daniel Jones and hoping that he's got better guys protecting him as well as more capable hands as his targets. Kenny Pickett and the Steelers will get some looks as well. I don't expect him to play at all this year, so the pre-season will likely be his only public action.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Don’t say this much, good for Goodell.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...deshaun-watson

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Don’t say this much, good for Goodell.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...deshaun-watson
    I totally agree with him but the process has become a joke. He names someone to decide on the punishment, doesn't like the answer he gets, and so names someone else? Even though it is clear to many that the first person totally dropped the ball, the optics of that are not great.

pitiful

Deshaun Watson's "statement of remorse" yesterday was just plain pitiful. A memorized, contrived statement with no genuine feeling whatsoever. Remaining silent would have been more fruitful.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Deshaun Watson's "statement of remorse" yesterday was just plain pitiful. A memorized, contrived statement with no genuine feeling whatsoever. Remaining silent would have been more fruitful.
    I mean apologies have to seem sincere or they make things worse. Yes, his statement rings true to the "I'm sorry if anyone was offended" lowest tier of an attempt.

NFL concussion issue back in the news.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/12/s...ment-race.html

Dozens of Black retired N.F.L. players will now be eligible for payouts worth hundreds of thousands of dollars from the league’s billion-dollar concussion settlement, reversing previous decisions made because of cognitive tests that used race-based measures to determine whether the players had dementia.

The NFL and the NFL Players Association on Thursday reached a settlement in the Deshaun Watson disciplinary matter, agreeing that the Cleveland Browns quarterback will serve an 11-game suspension after he was accused by more than two dozen women of sexual misconduct during massage sessions, a league source told ESPN.

Watson will also pay a fine of $5 million that will go to charity, the source said.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ment-nfl-nflpa

An improvement over 6 games, at least.

Just the reaction they were looking for.

If his fine is going to charity does he get to deduct it from his taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    If so, he will express profound remorse...... over having to pay taxes. He's that kind of a guy.

NFL stadiums ranked from worst to best. Wasn’t surprised at 30. At all. I’d quibble over beers and cheese about 1.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-s...enues-football

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    If it is a league fine, wouldn't the league get to deduct the taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    If it is a league fine, wouldn't the league get to deduct the taxes?
    Send out the CPA bat signal. Enquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is there ever consentual sex if there is an exchange of money? Sincere question.

How about if the money is offered after instead of agreed on before?
    Women, including ardent feminists, disagree on this issue. Maybe one of us men should answer it for them? (ducks incoming projectiles)
    I know this is only tangentially related to football (because of Kraft) so will likely get stopped in it’s tracks — but I’m also interested in what the women on this board think?

Looks like the NFL is going to have another decision on its hands with these Matt Araiza rape allegations. Very ugly allegations and, unless I am misreading, he has already admitted to statutory rape.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Looks like the NFL is going to have another decision on its hands with these Matt Araiza rape allegations. Very ugly allegations and, unless I am misreading, he has already admitted to statutory rape.
    He;s been released by Buffalo. And unfortunately for him, the Cleveland Browns have a pretty good punter.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Tom Brady is starting to look like a Karen.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-bra...025049912.html