Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

2022 NFL Off Season

Seattle trades Wilson to the Broncos, apparently. Maybe I haven’t been paying attention but thought he was Russy Franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Seattle trades Wilson to the Broncos, apparently. Maybe I haven’t been paying attention but thought he was Russy Franchise.
    Ugh... Breaks my heart. We couldn't provide enough support for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ugh... Breaks my heart. We couldn't provide enough support for him.
    I'm not sure that's the narrative I would take from this. I don't think Russ wanting out had anything to do with lack of talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm not sure that's the narrative I would take from this. I don't think Russ wanting out had anything to do with lack of talent around him.
    We will never know - Russ is not the sort to complain publicly. He's extremely measured with his comments to press.

I will forever be thankful for Russ. He is an amazing talent.

This last year was subpar for many reasons. I understand why Seattle wasn't willing to break the bank to keep him around after this past year.

I don't care how many times they insist that Aaron's deal had no impact, seeing that many zeroes and dollar signs may have forced their hand just a nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think the lack of talent on the offensive line may have been a factor. He's 33 years old and getting extra hits in games gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I think the lack of talent on the offensive line may have been a factor. He's 33 years old and getting extra hits in games gets old.
    Absolutely true. Russ needs just a bit of time to decide whether to bomb, dump, or run. He's good at that decision, but can't do it if the defense is in the backfield as the ball is hiked.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I keep wondering if I should care about football. Football seems to actively want me not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I keep wondering if I should care about football. Football seems to actively want me not to.
    You don't want to know if this woman is Jerry Jones' secret daughter? Boy, I do!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...logical-father

Wentz a Commander

The Washington Commanders traded for Carson Wentz yesterday. The trade was for 2 picks, this year's 3rd and next years 2nd OR 3rd (if Wentz plays 70% of the snaps it becomes a 2nd). The teams will also swap 2nd round picks this year.

The good: Commanders don't have a starting QB on the roster and word is that this year's draft class is relatively weak for QB's (Washington picks 11th). Only the first year of Wentz contract is guaranteed (at $28m) so if he doesn't play well we can cut him. Wentz will have something to prove and will be trying to play for a contract. Compared to the other options I've seen discussed, this is a decent move.

The bad: Indy dumped Wentz and they don't have a starting QB at the moment. The coaching staff and administration are labeling Wentz as uncoachable (I haven't seen anything negative from other players). I'm sure there's a grain of truth to this but at the same time I suspect there is some CYA going on after last years poor finish. So will Wentz step up, or will be prove the doubters correct here?

I think it's still a good move overall and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Commanders draft a QB in the middle of the draft as a project (not having a 3rd round pick does hurt here).

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    The Washington Commanders traded for Carson Wentz yesterday. The trade was for 2 picks, this year's 3rd and next years 2nd OR 3rd (if Wentz plays 70% of the snaps it becomes a 2nd). The teams will also swap 2nd round picks this year.

The good: Commanders don't have a starting QB on the roster and word is that this year's draft class is relatively weak for QB's (Washington picks 11th). Only the first year of Wentz contract is guaranteed (at $28m) so if he doesn't play well we can cut him. Wentz will have something to prove and will be trying to play for a contract. Compared to the other options I've seen discussed, this is a decent move.

The bad: Indy dumped Wentz and they don't have a starting QB at the moment. The coaching staff and administration are labeling Wentz as uncoachable (I haven't seen anything negative from other players). I'm sure there's a grain of truth to this but at the same time I suspect there is some CYA going on after last years poor finish. So will Wentz step up, or will be prove the doubters correct here?

I think it's still a good move overall and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Commanders draft a QB in the middle of the draft as a project (not having a 3rd round pick does hurt here).
    Who was our last good QB, Sonny, Joe? Long time and I'm not too high on Wentz. I hope he proves me wrong.

GoCommaders! Man that name sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Who was our last good QB, Sonny, Joe? Long time and I'm not too high on Wentz. I hope he proves me wrong.

GoCommaders! Man that name sucks.
    I'm not necessarily high on Wentz but it's a bad offseason to be looking for a QB. When I looked at the other options being discussed, Wentz isn't bad for what we had to give up. Plus with him being essentially on a 1 year 'prove it' deal he might be extra motivated.

Brady un-retiring!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Brady un-retiring!!!
    Uh, wow.

I guess he didn't like the, um, five weeks off?

Brady un-retiring!!!
    YES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Uh, wow.

I guess he didn't like the, um, five weeks off?
    His family must be REALLY annoying

Brady un-retiring!!!
    Further reason to despise him (though respect his playing talent). Sunday night of selection Sunday is a holy day. You do not compete with it to break major news.

Given that one of their top linemen Marpet just took early retirement, I am somewhat surprised. I wonder how Giselle feels about this.

Brady un-retiring!!!
    He better not Favre this up.

Guys, don’t you see? This is a good omen! Duke will be winning the national championship this year! I have renewed hope after this most wonderful of announcements.

And….

The sports world doesn’t care about college basketball tonight.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Im about at the end of my chain with jerry jones dismantling of the Cowboys. One more crazy trade or bad decision im packing my Cowboys gear up.
    We simply cannot keep doing this to this francise.