Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1786
    Oh...and for anyone wondering...we have lots of Abrams in storage.

https://goo.gl/maps/3M7AdvubadhnHybo8

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I doubt the US will deliver any M1 Abrams tanks to Ukraine in the near future. Ukraine needs to prove that they can maintain and deploy them effectively and I am guessing we are not in a rush to have Russia capture tanks on the battlefield.

The key to promising to deliver M1 Abrams tanks was breaking a deadlock with Germany over them giving the green light to countries delivering the Leopard 2 to Ukraine. If we are shipping our tanks to Europe, perhaps these are to be deployed to back fill our allies’ positions after they transfer German tanks to Ukraine.
    Bill of lading said Poland. After that I would have absolutely no idea where they would end up.
    They looked like good equipment.
    I'd imagine we probably have 8 to 10000
    Tanks at our disposal. I'm sure we aren't the only depot sending equipment
    Either.
    The really leathal stuff is usually accompanied by several humvees with mounted 60s amd a marine on it.
    I try to stay far away. I don't feel comfortable with a 60 pointed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I'm talking 100 plus Abrams tanks plus support vehicles. Didn't convey that correctly. I really think it was 150 plus but I didn't count them.
    I drove a couple then went back to my area.
    I'm always trying to get a case or two of mre meals
    Was a few miles of rail .
    Some kinda new vehicles aswell I'm not familiar with could be troop carrier
    Or a assault vehicles. Both are heavily
    Armed.
    As long as we aren't shipping helicopters I'm not worried.
    Everytime we ship those something starts.
    Please tell me you're not stealing food meant for our men and women, or any allied troops, overseas.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Please tell me you're not stealing food meant for our men and women, or any allied troops, overseas.
    I have access to billions of dollars of imported and exported food stuffs my guy i dont pilfer that either ..mre's are changed out between 3 and 5 years if they are not consumed by our troops going by the 4 digit production code . They probably last way longer but
    You don't want to give a battalion or division food poisoning. So they are rotated in and out. They get tossed sold at auction to end up at your local or web based or local army navy surplus store.
    I assure you they are given to me.

They can request help go through a bunch of red tape to get something done that
    Only takes a hour or less by me or take delays a day or two to get done .
    They call me open the gate I run across with equipment do what they need in short order. Roll right back out everyone knows we do it but over looks
    It.
    So they give us stuff .we don't ask for it.we do it because it's the right thing. They know I like them mre's.
    A case or two if they have any available is way cheaper than the red tape delays and the 475 dollar a hour 4hr minimum not including the union clerk they'd pay for equipment going through proper channels.
    I consider it a win for tbe American tax payer .
    Free work military vessels leave doc quicker = less fuel burned .

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I have access to billions of dollars of imported and exported food stuffs my guy i dont pilfer that either ..mre's are changed out between 3 and 5 years if they are not consumed by our troops going by the 4 digit production code . They probably last way longer but
    You don't want to give a battalion or division food poisoning. So they are rotated in and out. They get tossed sold at auction to end up at your local or web based or local army navy surplus store.
    I assure you they are given to me.

They can request help go through a bunch of red tape to get something done that
    Only takes a hour or less by me or take delays a day or two to get done .
    They call me open the gate I run across with equipment do what they need in short order. Roll right back out everyone knows we do it but over looks
    It.
    So they give us stuff .we don't ask for it.we do it because it's the right thing. They know I like them mre's.
    A case or two if they have any available is way cheaper than the red tape delays and the 475 dollar a hour 4hr minimum not including the union clerk they'd pay for equipment going through proper channels.
    I consider it a win for tbe American tax payer .
    Free work military vessels leave doc quicker = less fuel burned .
    Sounds to me like you are doing the US a solid. Your culinary preferences otoh...

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Sounds to me like you are doing the US a solid. Your culinary preferences otoh...
    I use them for hunting hurricane emergencies.
    When your out in the woods for a bit they aren't great but fill your stomach.
    The Mexican rice and bean one is good though.

We'd do if they didn't give us anything
    How could you not. Those guys could potentially take a bullet for us .

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    It is an epidemic.

Biden in Kyiv. Wow, I did not have that on my bingo card.

When is the last time a President went to a war zone outside of a tightly controlled U.S. military base?
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

When is the last time a President went to a war zone outside of a tightly controlled U.S. military base?
    Good article on the history of war zone trips:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/popular/27-times-the-commander-in-chief-visited-combat-zones/

Not sure it answers your question directly though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Careful. The Sun is a Rupert Murdoch paper. People only get it for page 3 not for news. If you don’t know what page 3 is google it….
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

I would invite Putin to visit Donbas or Lushank.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

The US smartly gave Moscow a heads up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sneaking-...154524280.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The US smartly gave Moscow a heads up.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sneaking-...154524280.html
    The decision to notify the Russians in advance had to be a fun conversation over at the NSA.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Good article on the history of war zone trips:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/popul...-combat-zones/

Not sure it answers your question directly though.
    So Truman, Kennedy, and Trump are the only absences in the past 90 years. Another difference from Biden, I believe we had troops involved in all those other instances, plus hard to know how close the hostilities were. Seems most if not all were to bases since WWII.

And I'm not sure a trip to South Korea counts.

So Truman, Kennedy, and Trump are the only absences in the past 90 years. Another difference from Biden, I believe we had troops involved in all those other instances, plus hard to know how close the hostilities were. Seems most if not all were to bases since WWII.

And I'm not sure a trip to South Korea counts.
    Trump did visit an airbase in Afghanistan Thanksgiving, 2019 IIRC. Did not see it on the list though.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Trump did visit an airbase in Afghanistan Thanksgiving, 2019 IIRC. Did not see it on the list though.
    Beat me to it.
    My brother in law was still over there at the time . Came home before Christmas

Again, visiting a heavily defended United States military base is not even remotely comparable to walking the streets of Kyiv.

Again, visiting a heavily defended United States military base is not even remotely comparable to walking the streets of Kyiv.
    I’m not comparing, just noting that the article was incomplete.

Not much difference today .Moscow knew he was there they were informed by us so no real danger was prevelnt.from what I have read.
    So no real danger in either situation.