Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1787
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    True. Although I know folks on the other end of the spectrum that would answer Texas or Florida with the same general tenor.
    It is very sad that so many people have such balkanized thinking. I have been to 48 of our states and I see redeeming qualities in all of them.
    Yes, there are some I would much rather spend my time in than others and most of which are led by politicians I don't agree with. That being said, I would never want any of them taken over by Putin, Canada, Mexico, or Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    It is very sad that so many people have such balkanized thinking. I have been to 48 of our states and I see redeeming qualities in all of them.
    Yes, there are some I would much rather spend my time in than others and most of which are led by politicians I don't agree with. That being said, I would never want any of them taken over by Putin, Canada, Mexico, or Cuba.
    BigWayne, as always, speaks truth.

BigWayne, as always, speaks truth.
    Effing Delaware tho, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Well, yeah, but we don’t bring that up in polite company.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Just a weird, weird place. I lived out of Wilmington hotel for a month and then a Greenville apartment spitting distance from various Biden points of interest. Weird.

I do think that budwom is entitled to say “New Hamster” and not get grief. Because, consistency is a virtue not a hobgoblin.

If we didn’t have Delaware corporate counsel wouldn’t be able to sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    If we didn’t have Delaware corporate counsel wouldn’t be able to sleep at night.
    I always put that “The law governing the interpretation of this contract will be that of Bora Bora” in my draft contracts, just to see if they are really reading the draft or not.

I always put that “The law governing the interpretation of this contract will be that of Bora Bora” in my draft contracts, just to see if they are really reading the draft or not.
    That's your version of the "bowl of M&Ms with all the brown ones removed" I guess.

You sound like a fun lawyer.

My HS English teacher used to tell this story about a professor she was convinced did not read any papers because there was only ever a grade, no marks on comments. So one time she inserted the statement “My horse died this week” on like page 9 of a 20-pager.

She got the paper and it just had the old letter great but when she flipped to the back page it said, Sorry about your horse.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

My HS English teacher used to tell this story about a professor she was convinced did not read any papers because there was only ever a grade, no marks on comments. So one time she inserted the statement “My horse died this week” on like page 9 of a 20-pager.

She got the paper and it just had the old letter great but when she flipped to the back page it said, Sorry about your horse.
    I used to do a lot of proposals where we frequently used the word “public.” A few times I left out the L to see if junior people were reading it closely, as spell check did not pick it up. I just had to remember where it was in case they missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I used to do a lot of proposals where we frequently used the word “public.” A few times I left out the L to see if junior people were reading it closely, as spell check did not pick it up. I just had to remember where it was in case they missed it.
    Y’all make me laugh! Hah!

Y'all remind me of an electrical engineering professor I hated...first quiz the answers were the problem number.

1. 1
    2. 2
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
    etc.

I hate people that try and mess with your brain.

I do think that budwom is entitled to say “New Hamster” and not get grief. Because, consistency is a virtue not a hobgoblin.
    You are a kind and wise man!
    What's up with Delaware besides flatness? As fate would have it it will be a stopping off point in two weeks as the Womble Clan migrates southward for a spell...should I double lock our doors?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    What's up with Delaware besides flatness? As fate would have it it will be a stopping off point in two weeks as the Womble Clan migrates southward for a spell...should I double lock our doors?
    Wait, you think you're on another level than Deleware? That's plane prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    In my 6th grade history class we were required to keep these notebooks with all our work in them and we would turn them in every so often to have them "checked". Once, I had not completed everything I was supposed to, and I doubted that she actually read every one of our notebooks. Since I was an A student, I tested her. On one page I just wrote a bunch of senseless squiggles. On another I wrote NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF OUR COUNTRY and THE BIG RED FOX JUMPED OVER THE LAZY DOGS embedded in some other bogus text.

Got an A+!

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    It is a sad commentary on the state of affairs in this country when this is stated with lol and an emoji.
    That's because it was a joke ...
    Obviously. It was done to make sure it was taken as such.
    Also to avoid this ...
    Simulating a typical right-wing answer on a obviously left wing leaning board.
    Not that I really care who thinks what politically.
    I was under the impression that it wouldn't be taken seriously...
    Last edited by wavedukefan70s; 01-19-2023 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Wait, you think you're on another level than Deleware? That's plane prejudice.
    Careful, budwom is a flat-stater.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Aubrey Plaza is what’s up! How dare you diss the state that gave us this national treasure! And credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Aubrey Plaza is what’s up! How dare you diss the state that gave us this national treasure! And credit cards.
    And Carmen Wallace.