Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1787
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Putin’s army is getting its butt kicked. A bit shocking, really.
    Росомахи!

duping the Russkis

Washington Post reporting that Ukraine is using wooden replicas of the advanced rocket systems the U.S. is sending to fool the Russians into hitting them with cruise missiles...one U.S. diplomat says the Russkia have claimed to have destroyed more of these rocket systems than the U.S. has even sent. D'oh! https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...coy-artillery/

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Washington Post reporting that Ukraine is using wooden replicas of the advanced rocket systems the U.S. is sending to fool the Russians into hitting them with cruise missiles...one U.S. diplomat says the Russkia have claimed to have destroyed more of these rocket systems than the U.S. has even sent. D'oh! https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...coy-artillery/
    So, when Russia claims to have destroyed a HIMARS, they do in fact think they have destroyed them. LOL!

Those HIMARS are really spectacular systems. In addition to GPS guided missiles (which is really nice to have) they also have the ability to have a 2 man team reload them in about 5 minutes, to contrast the Russian rocket systems which can take a dozen men upwards of an hour to manually reload. The difference? The HIMARS use a rocket pod which can be dropped at pre-arranged locations by the supply crew (seperating the supply chain and weapon system to avoid getting both of them in the same strike), then the HIMARS rolls up, uses the built-in crane to unload the empty pod, pick up and load the new pod and it's off back in action.

It's almost like someone asked, "What's the best way not to get blown up in combat?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnUk...s-MilitaryBlog

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Росомахи!
    хорошо сказано, сэр

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    An elaborate ruse that could only be foiled by someone feeling the need to brag about the elaborate ruse.

But I'm glad they were able to keep some of those weapons in the fight. Very clever.

Unfortunately now the Pentagon is worried about our own depleting stockpiles of artillery ammunition. Germany has also expressed concern about their inventory, but of course they haven't pumped in anywhere near the $$ and resources that we have. A US Defense Official said that our ammo stockpiles are now "uncomfortably low" and "not where you want them if you had to go into combat". That's disconcerting on its own, but don't forget that the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is now at a 35 year low following an unprecedented release.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Self defenestration. Maybe.

The chairman of Russia's oil giant Lukoil Ravil Maganov has died after falling from a window in a Moscow hospital, Russian state media reported.
    Lukoil was the only large state oil producer that openly called for a "fast resolution of the military conflict" in Ukraine just days after the Feb. 24 invasion.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...0yO?li=BBnb7Kz
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by TrickDribbles99 View Post
    An elaborate ruse that could only be foiled by someone feeling the need to brag about the elaborate ruse.

But I'm glad they were able to keep some of those weapons in the fight. Very clever.

Unfortunately now the Pentagon is worried about our own depleting stockpiles of artillery ammunition. Germany has also expressed concern about their inventory, but of course they haven't pumped in anywhere near the $$ and resources that we have. A US Defense Official said that our ammo stockpiles are now "uncomfortably low" and "not where you want them if you had to go into combat". That's disconcerting on its own, but don't forget that the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is now at a 35 year low following an unprecedented release.
    You must be fun at parties. I think the Ukrainians are taking the brunt of this inconvenience.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Being a Russian who speaks against Putin exponentially increases your chances of falling out of a building. I'm sure Putin hopes the other oligarchs get the message.

Critics of Putin are notorious for their poor balance, especially when on higher floors of buildings.

It is amazing how many open elevator shafts there are there, too.

They report that he died after a serious illness. IANAD so maybe someone can help - what is the medical name for this fatal illness?

They report that he died after a serious illness. IANAD so maybe someone can help - what is the medical name for this fatal illness?
    “Impactitis”

“Impactitis”
    Thanks - I knew someone would know the scientific literature on this disease.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    "Hey Vlad, that induced heart attack didn't do the trick, any ideas?"
    "What floor's his hospital room on?"
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

“Impactitis”
    Remember, it's not the fall that kills you.

It's that sudden stop at the end.

That one may be old, but it's old.

The wonderful thing about Russia is that there is no way to know whether this was a political assassination, a mob hit or just tough business negotiations.

Or all three.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

Yeah, I'm willing to buy the "illness" explanation. He just happens to be allergic to the ground under certain circumstances.

Reminds me of a favorite line from the movie "Night Shift" - Caught an updraft, good thing the ground broke my fall...

I think that chairs near windows in Moscow should be equipped with seat belts or maybe airbags. Must be the water causing this, I can't imagine any other reason.

I have been joking about this like everyone else. It’s natural to do so for many reasons. But it is sobering to think these were men who were murdered for simply speaking out publicly for peace. Some maybe only once I think. And these men were also fathers, husbands, and sons who left a lot of bereaved loved ones behind. What a horrible regime.

Putin is a disgusting animal.