Duke 2022 are Road Warriors

The silver lining to this team to me is they seem way more focused on the road and neutral sites.

Cameron seems to be their house of horrors.

It doesn’t make much sense to me but life doesn’t make sense, maybe Duke just away from home where they feel tested right away and they get complacent.

This mostly Freshman team seems to be more focused on the road or a neutral site when the crowd is ramped up against them and they feel they have something to prove.
    Last edited by DukeTrinity11; 02-17-2022 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Context

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post
    The silver lining to this team to me is they seem way more focused on the road and neutral sites.

It doesn’t make much sense to me but life doesn’t make sense, maybe Duke just away from home where they feel tested right away and they get complacent.

This mostly Freshman team seems to be more focused on the road or a neutral site when the crowd is ramped up against them and they feel they have something to prove.
    Reminds me of the 2011-2012 Rivers team. That team didn't lose once on the road in ACC play.

The pressure to not lose in Cameron during K’s final season at the helm must be staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post

Thank God we only have two remaining home games!

Joking of course, but the "important" games are all ahead and all on neutral sites.

Wow, two more games with K in Cameron.

Could Duke offer a season ticket bundle to AWAY games next year? Home games are too stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Could Duke offer a season ticket bundle to AWAY games next year? Home games are too stressful.
    Sorry. That's DIY 99% of the time. It's very rare when the Iron Dukes can sell away game tickets. I haven't been able to travel the past 2 months, but I bought everything but UNC, UVA, and Syracuse as single game tickets from the school. That is typical with VT being the other school that's often a Stubhub buy.

UVA does go on sale tomorrow in theory. Don't expect any available tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Sorry. That's DIY 99% of the time. It's very rare when the Iron Dukes can sell away game tickets. I haven't been able to travel the past 2 months, but I bought everything but UNC, UVA, and Syracuse as single game tickets from the school. That is typical with VT being the other school that's often a Stubhub buy.

UVA does go on sale tomorrow in theory. Don't expect any available tickets.
    Sorry, I was making an attempt at a joke. Should have added an emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Joking of course, but the "important" games are all ahead and all on neutral sites.
    Joking or not, there's no denying the importance of the March 5th home game. GTHC!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Reminds me of the 2011-2012 Rivers team. That team didn't lose once on the road in ACC play.
    I had been thinking the same thing but didn't want to bring it up for, umm, reasons... let's hope this team is a bit different than that one down the stretch!
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I'm still unsure whether we play better away from Cameron, or whether we play better in BIG GAMES. Because we haven't really had any big games at home. The regular season finale may tell us a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I'm still unsure whether we play better away from Cameron, or whether we play better in BIG GAMES. Because we haven't really had any big games at home. The regular season finale may tell us a lot.
    Yeah, I agree. I think this team "just" has a complacency problem. And that complacency problem is more likely (though not exclusively likely - see @FSU) to occur at home based on who we've faced at home and where we've had our games after a loss.