Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MLB Season

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Whining about Gallo are we?
    It took me three days to figure this one out.

Two thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It took me three days to figure this one out.

Two thumbs up.
    we will serve no whine before its time!

Got to see you on the most recent NCAA Tournament shows I watched, good job!

Albert Pujols signs with St. Louis Cardinals

1 year deal, for $2.5 million. The 42 year old future Hall of Famer with 679 career HRs is reunited with his first team and will most likely retire a St. Louis Cardinal.

It’s a good day for the Birds on the Bat!

It'll sell some tickets for sure. I guess he will be the DH against left handers. Who will be the DH against right handers? Gorman?

GoRedbirds!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    It'll sell some tickets for sure. I guess he will be the DH against left handers. Who will be the DH against right handers? Gorman?

GoRedbirds!
    More than doubled the get-in price of opening day.

I of course, will miss it, as I'll be opera something something.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

GoRedbirds!
    I think Gorman could be a good DH vs righties.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I think Gorman could be a good DH vs righties.
    Gorman sent to the Minor League training site. He did not hit well during his time at the big league camp. It looks like it will Albert against lefthanders and Dickerson against righthanders. The Cards beat the Nats 29-8 yesterday in baseball but it looks like a football score. I'm concerned that Tommy Edman is hitting only .050 so far in ST. We need his gold glove play at second but we may see Brendan Donavan there. He's having a good Spring.

GoRedbirds!
    GoDuke and Beat the Cheats!

Gorman sent to the Minor League training site. He did not hit well during his time at the big league camp. It looks like it will Albert against lefthanders and Dickerson against righthanders. The Cards beat the Nats 29-8 yesterday in baseball but it looks like a football score. I'm concerned that Tommy Edman is hitting only .050 so far in ST. We need his gold glove play at second but we may see Brendan Donavan there. He's having a good Spring.

GoRedbirds!
    GoDuke and Beat the Cheats!
    Dickerson looks like the better candidate at this time. Will be cool to see if Pujols can hit 21 HR this year to get to 700 career HRs. He hit 17 HRs last season in 275 at bats.

DeGrom to miss Opening Day 2022 for Mets

An imaging test showed a stress reaction in his right scapula.

In a statement, the Mets said deGrom won't throw for up to four weeks and then will be re-evaluated.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ction-shoulder

In a statement, the Mets said deGrom won't throw for up to four weeks and then will be re-evaluated.

Bummer for him, but makes the manager's job of deciding who between deGrom and Scherzer gets the opening day start a lot less contentious.

Here we go again
    The guy is fragile (actually I think the way he throws is destructive to his body)

I really don't believe he can throw all (or most) of a season any more.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Bummer for him, but makes the manager's job of deciding who between deGrom and Scherzer gets the opening day start a lot less contentious.
    Yeah agree. Eager to see how Buck Showalter does in the big apple this year. He doesn’t seem like a good fit for that franchise and city to me. Good guy, was pretty meh as the skipper for the Yankees from 92-95 and his overall managerial record is very meh to me too. Good guy it seems though so I hope it works out for him there.

Yeah agree. Eager to see how Buck Showalter does in the big apple this year. He doesn’t seem like a good fit for that franchise and city to me. Good guy, was pretty meh as the skipper for the Yankees from 92-95 and his overall managerial record is very meh to me too. Good guy it seems though so I hope it works out for him there.
    I assume they hired him to start the clock on going to the World Series within a few years after firing him like the Yankees, D backs, and Rangers.

I recently heard an interview on sports talk in NY that the team was very unorganized the past few years and Buck is totally neurotic about minutia so it was partially for a culture change.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I assume Buck wouldn't have minded having to make that decision. This is devastating to us. And calls into question how we address the upcoming contract negotiations with Jake given his recent injury history. (I'd like him to be a Met for life, but...)

As a long time (i.e., forever) Mets fan, I am thrilled to have him. Perfect for the job and the city. And to "right the ship" and its culture.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    As a long time (i.e., forever) Mets fan, I am thrilled to have him. Perfect for the job and the city. And to "right the ship" and its culture.
    That makes sense, I hope it works out for the Mets and their fans. Baseball is better when they’re in contention. I remember the Braves Mets rivalry in the early 2000s as being one of the best there for a few years. Their fans at Shea Stadium yelled “LARRY! LARRY! LARRY!” at Chipper Jones so much he ended up naming one of his sons “Shea”! Like I said, Buck is a good baseball guy. Hopefully DeGrom is back by May/June. Any skipper would want him in the rotation! Probably he and Max are 1A and 1B as best aces in the MLB in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    That trade is reportedly dead. But the Padres did just trade for Sean Manea, and they've got a lot of starters now, so they may still be open for business.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?