Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MLB Season

Yankees lose again

2-1 to the Rays.

Is Aaron Boone fired if they don’t win the World Series this year?

At a minimum, his seat has to be getting red hot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    2-1 to the Rays.

Is Aaron Boone fired if they don’t win the World Series this year?

At a minimum, his seat has to be getting red hot right now.
    3 total hits, 2 by Judge who hits the HR. Are none of the other players capable of hitting a home run? I don’t know the recent stats, but would guess Judge has 2/3 of all Yankee HRs in last month.

Something is bad wrong with the”bombers” and if they fail to advance this October; Boone, Hicks, Torres, Donaldson should be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    3 total hits, 2 by Judge who hits the HR. Are none of the other players capable of hitting a home run? I don’t know the recent stats, but would guess Judge has 2/3 of all Yankee HRs in last month.

Something is bad wrong with the”bombers” and if they fail to advance this October; Boone, Hicks, Torres, Donaldson should be gone.
    Yes one bright spot tonight for the NYY - Judge hit his 52nd HR. Hope he keeps it up. But they have to be one of the least impressive first place teams around right now. I believe they’re 9-20 since the trade deadline, scoring 3 or fewer runs in 20 games.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Jake and Max hog the media attention for obvious reasons, but is any number three starter having a better year than Chris Bassitt?
    Yes, Tyler Anderson (13-3, 2.68 ERA).

Mets ace Max Scherzer Leaves Game With Apparent Injury

https://www.si.com/mlb/mets/.amp/new...me-with-injury

New York Mets ace Max Scherzer left Saturday night’s game against the Washington Nationals with an apparent injury.

After throwing 67 pitches across five innings, Scherzer was seen walking back into the clubhouse with pitching coach Jeremy Hefner and a trainer following behind him.

He was going for his 200th career win tonight vs the Nats.

If you watch the Yankees you will see how bad it is. Stanton is swinging and missing at off speed pitches as if he is blindfolded. Donaldson struck out to end the game today on a pitch above his head. LeMahieu is clearly still hurt and can’t hit at all. They are playing two rookies with promise but they have to be feeling the pressure too. Hicks has been a disaster all season. Where have you gone Matt Carpenter? A fan base turns it’s lonely eyes do you. Meanwhile Jordan Montgomery is pitching like an ace. It’s almost as if the Yankees deserve this karma for trading away a talented lefty starter. When has that ever happened in Yankees history? And for a player on the injured list who may not play this season. It’s inconceivable and - again - almost like the deserved result from the baseball gods. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team go from so good to so bad during the course of the season. The Braves season last year was kind of like this in reverse.

Hicks is under contract through 2027 and Donaldson has another year or two at big numbers so not sure where they will go. I am still trying to figure out Torres.

Rizzo has been in and out due to a lingering injury. For the first half of the season the Yanks were getting production from SS and C that was way above what those players should have been doing - it has reverted to the mean. Stanton is working his way back. Injuries in general have been killer but that doesn’t explain it all. Carpenter was getting a lot of timely hits so is really missed.

The Montgomery trade is impossible to explain but the issue has been more hitting than pitching.

Mets lose and Braves win.

The Braves are just 2 GB of the Mets for the NL East divisional pennant.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    If you watch the Yankees you will see how bad it is. Stanton is swinging and missing at off speed pitches as if he is blindfolded. Donaldson struck out to end the game today on a pitch above his head. LeMahieu is clearly still hurt and can’t hit at all. They are playing two rookies with promise but they have to be feeling the pressure too. Hicks has been a disaster all season. Where have you gone Matt Carpenter? A fan base turns it’s lonely eyes do you. Meanwhile Jordan Montgomery is pitching like an ace. It’s almost as if the Yankees deserve this karma for trading away a talented lefty starter. When has that ever happened in Yankees history? And for a player on the injured list who may not play this season. It’s inconceivable and - again - almost like the deserved result from the baseball gods. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team go from so good to so bad during the course of the season. The Braves season last year was kind of like this in reverse.
    I watch most Yankee games and I’ll say again that they are near unwatchable. They are definitely ravaged by injuries now, but that’s not enough to explain how inept a majority of the lineup is at the plate.

Judge leads off today’s game with prodigious (450+) HR, his 53rd.

Yanks now have now scored 3 runs agains TB this series, all Judge HRs with no one on.😡

Judge leads off today’s game with prodigious (450+) HR, his 53rd.

Yanks now have now scored 3 runs agains TB this series, all Judge HRs with no one on.😡
    Unreal talent.

I’m younger than some here. I’ve never seen a 6-7 280 lb leadoff hitter though. Have any others?

Unreal talent.

I’m younger than some here. I’ve never seen a 6-7 280 lb leadoff hitter though. Have any others?
    No and I’m old. Announcers are sure no player that has hit 53 homers has batted lead off.

Brady Anderson was a power hitter that did, but guess he never hit 53.

No and I’m old. Announcers are sure no player that has hit 53 homers has batted lead off.

Brady Anderson was a power hitter that did, but guess he never hit 53.
    He was on the juice too I think. Baltimore Orioles guy.

Probably juiced. Yanks futility with men on base. Have 0 hits with runners in scoring position and likely 8 or 9 LOB through 6 innings. Unless Judge homers again; fear we lose this 2-1.

Probably juiced. Yanks futility with men on base. Have 0 hits with runners in scoring position and likely 8 or 9 LOB through 6 innings. Unless Judge homers again; fear we lose this 2-1.
    I feel your pain. To your point, it’s a close game. 1-0 NYY top 7 in Tampa Bay. Hope they can hold on! MLB is better when the NYY are great. Yeah, I said it .

I don't believe Brady Anderson was on steroids. He was a major league all-star who had one freakish season of HR productivity. Not a steroid use pattern -- they don't work that way -- steroids are slow to build muscle but have a longer lasting effect. Moreover, having hit 50 HRs, why would he stop?

His name never surfaced in the Mitchell investigation of drug abuse in MLB.

Yanks starting pitching has been really good - Montas was great today. Unclear to me why other teams aren’t just walking Judge at this point. I hope they can hold on - the second run was big.

Follow up: totally jinxed Judge. Oh well.
    Last edited by CrazyNotCrazie; 09-04-2022 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I don't believe Brady Anderson was on steroids. He was a major league all-star who had one freakish season of HR productivity. Not a steroid use pattern -- they don't work that way -- steroids are slow to build muscle but have a longer lasting effect. Moreover, having hit 50 HRs, why would he stop?

His name never surfaced in the Mitchell investigation of drug abuse in MLB.
    I don’t know whether he did or not. Other than his 50 HR season in 96 (50 HR … from the leadoff spot), he never hit more than 24 HR in a season. I guess he was just seeing the baseball well out the pitcher’s hand that year? Not saying he definitely was on the juice that year … but to quote Len Elmore, “you gotta wonder.”

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Yanks starting pitching has been really good - Montas was great today. Unclear to me why other teams aren’t just walking Judge at this point. I hope they can hold on - the second run was big.

Follow up: totally jinxed Judge. Oh well.
    I don’t think the majority of baseball fans are giving this season from Judge the attention it deserves. Like, the guy is in the mix to break Roger Maris’s single season HR record for the NYY. 1961! I don’t think that needs to be said again. The most storied history in the franchise in MLB which is this country’s most historic pastime sports wise … this is history! Don’t see nearly the coverage (yet) this deserves. He’s 9 away. That’s pretty historic to me. This is one of the biggest storylines in NYY history to me. Hopefully when I’m long and gone in 100+ years they’ll still be talking about 2022 when Aaron Judge set the NYY single season HR record.

It would be the AL record as well.