In Joshua Tree National Park

mrs pie ran a 1/2 marathon last night through the desert at night...pretty amazing...

it's really different out here...so dry...desert community with troubled times all around..
    Last edited by moonpie23; 11-06-2022 at 07:15 PM.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    mrs pie ran a 1/2 marathon last night through the desert at night...pretty amazing...

it's really different out here...so dry...desert community with troubled times all around..
    Congrats to her!!!

I’ve been up to Joshua Tree a few times — including a camping trip during the full moon. It was brutally hot during the day, but dropped into the low 80s at night, and we could walk around without flashlights under the light of the full moon.

That was a great trip. I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Congratulations! That looks like a very cool race and is an impressive accomplishment.

We went to Joshua Tree during a trip to the Palm Springs area when my wife was about 5 months pregnant with my first (March 2010). It was fascinating to explore though we were a bit limited in terms of how much exploring we could do. I am eager to return some day.

Outstanding. Love the area. Good time of year for the run.

low 70's during the day, low 50's at night
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese