Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Baylor leads 1-0 in the third, Duke had 2 on base but a double play finished their at bat.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Duke's first hit comes in the 5th, a single.

Still 1-0, Baylor.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Where have our bats gone?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Marcus gets replaced by Allen in the 6th. I missed how Baylor got their one run, but overall he seems to have had a strong day and a good first start.

Rece Davis of ESPN is in the announcers booth at the Duke-Baylor game. He just happens to be Chris Davis' dad and is at Baylor tomorrow for College Basketball Gameday. Fascinating insight into being a college athlete's parent.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Where have our bats gone?
    Frozen it seems. We need some frozen ropes!

Josh Allen sure is cold. Back to back walks for his first two batters. Bases now loaded for Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Josh Allen sure is cold. Back to back walks for his first two batters. Bases now loaded for Baylor.
    And that's that for Josh.
    He's replaced quick by Higgins. Been a long while since I've seen a pitcher last for only two batters.

Baylor knocks two in, now 3-0 bad bears, two men on, only one out.

And now Duke gets their 4th pitcher of the sixth inning. I vote let's bring back Marcus.

Foltz's very first pitch is in the dirt and both runners advance a base. This is awful.

And his third pitch is in the dirt, and a run scores, batter makes it to 2nd. Did I saw awful? How about nightmarish?

And Foltz is toast, after only one batter.
    Duke's 5th pitcher of the inning is coming out of the bull pen.

Colten Smith actually struck out his batter, but he's getting replaced anyway, because why not.

On comes the 6th pitcher of the inning.

I missed how, but Duke scored and it's now 1-4 in the 8th

First batter scores from what should have been an easy fly out. Throw to third missed and Duke heads home.
    Now 2-4, Baylor

Bad News Bears win.

That 6th inning had to be close to record setting for the number of pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    First batter scores from what should have been an easy fly out. Throw to third missed and Duke heads home.
    Now 2-4, Baylor
    That was a pretty rare 3-base error on a routine fly ball to right, then a throwing error on the relay to third, and Davis scores. Essentially an inside-the-park homerun, but unearned. That'll teach you to never give up on a routine fly ball. Good hustle by Davis who was just showing off for his dad.

Game two postponed due to inclement weather.

Double-header tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Game two postponed due to inclement weather.

Double-header tomorrow.
    In the first game, Duke trails 2-1 in the B6. Starter Luke Fox still pitching.

Edit: Higgins in to relieve Fox with 2 on and 1 out in the B6.