Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Thanks for the update. What happened to our previous pitching coach?
    We don't know, and I think it's fair not to speculate.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Duke introduces a new pitching coach, Brady Kirkpatrick. The Goduke link is below.

https://goduke.com/news/2022/7/2/bas...ing-coach.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Thanks for the update. What happened to our previous pitching coach?
    After last season, I can't say that I won't mind a change, regardless of the reason.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    We don't know, and I think it's fair not to speculate.
    Thanks. I agree and wasn't asking for speculation. I don't follow baseball too closely so thought someone might know. I did a quick google search but didn't see anything.

Hopefully the team can bounce back well next year.

Big, big loss for Duke Baseball - our assistant coach and chief recruiter Josh Jordan is moving to LSU Baseball where I am sure he will be a big success. He has been with Coach Pollard for 18 years.

Best of luck Coach Jordan and thanks for all you did for Duke Baseball.

https://twitter.com/coachchris14/sta...79805885734913
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Josh Jordan, I guess, will be an assistant to new LSU head coach Jay Johnson, formerly the Arizona coach.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Big, big loss for Duke Baseball - our assistant coach and chief recruiter Josh Jordan is moving to LSU Baseball where I am sure he will be a big success. He has been with Coach Pollard for 18 years.

Best of luck Coach Jordan and thanks for all you did for Duke Baseball.

https://twitter.com/coachchris14/sta...79805885734913
    Some change was needed after last season, but that's not one of them. Bummer.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Duke will be competing against a new coach at Notre Dame in the ACC next season. Shawn Stiffler has been reported to be the next head baseball coach at Notre Dame. He comes from VCU where he was the head coach since 2012. He was 352-207 there and won 4 Atlantic 10 tournament championships as well as the 2015 Dallas Baptist regional championship.

He places Link Jarrett who left Notre Dame for FSU.

https://richmond.com/sports/college/...ce=home-sports

MLB draft begins today - any danger that we lose any of our recruits to the majors?
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

MLB draft begins today - any danger that we lose any of our recruits to the majors?
    MLB.com listed two Blue Devils in top 250 prospects heading into the 2022 draft with RHP Henry Williams checking in at No. 81 and RHP Marcus Johnson at No. 139. Incoming freshman SS Cole Young (Wexford, Pa.) was ranked No. 20 and RHP Kassius Thomas (Newport Coast, Calif.) was ranked No. 118.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    MLB.com listed two Blue Devils in top 250 prospects heading into the 2022 draft with RHP Henry Williams checking in at No. 81 and RHP Marcus Johnson at No. 139. Incoming freshman SS Cole Young (Wexford, Pa.) was ranked No. 20 and RHP Kassius Thomas (Newport Coast, Calif.) was ranked No. 118.
    Cole Young was indeed drafted in the 1st round, going to Seattle as pick #21 overall. Don't think we'll see him play for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Cole Young was indeed drafted in the 1st round, going to Seattle as pick #21 overall. Don't think we'll see him play for Duke.
    Thanks Roy. I was afraid of that. Good luck to Cole if that’s what he decides.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

It was a big Draft Day for the boys from Buies Creek.

Campbell's Zach Neto, Shortstop, was picked #13 in Round 1 by the Angels. Perhaps they liked what they saw when Neto went 4-5 vs Duke with a 2B and HR on April 12, and then 1-4 with a 2B vs Duke on May 3.

Campbell Pitcher Thomas Campbell (who didn't go against Duke in the games this past season) was pick #36 to the Pittsburgh Pirates.

It's questions and moments like this, in threads like this one, that I will most miss Jim Sumner's input and answers.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's questions and moments like this, in threads like this one, that I will most miss Jim Sumner's input and answers.
    Is Jim not posting anymore????

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Is Jim not posting anymore????
    From his Status Update thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    No, I can still post here. But I'm going to take a hiatus for the foreseeable future. My choice. Still processing things. I'll float down the stream for awhile and see where I end up.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    From his Status Update thread.
    OK, Phew! I thought something worse had happened. Thanks for the explanation.

I wonder if this is only focused on baseball?

Jim, if you're listening, don't bail out too long.

Marcus Johnson drafted at 112 overall to the Marlins.
    Henry Williams drafted at 91 overall to the Padres

Graham Pauley (junior infielder) has been drafted in the 13th round (390th overall) by the San Diego Padres.

Billy Seidl (junior RHP) has been drafted in the 15th round (461st overall) by the Chicago White Sox.

Jimmy Loper (senior RHP) has been drafted in the 16th round (479th overall) by the New York Mets.

Marcus Johnson drafted at 112 overall to the Marlins.
    Henry Williams drafted at 91 overall to the Padres
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Graham Pauley (junior infielder) has been drafted in the 13th round (390th overall) by the San Diego Padres.

Billy Seidl (junior RHP) has been drafted in the 15th round (461st overall) by the Chicago White Sox.

Jimmy Loper (senior RHP) has been drafted in the 16th round (479th overall) by the New York Mets.
    Whew that's a lot of pitching talent out the door. Loper is a senior so no eligibility left, but Williams, Johnson, and Seidl threw a lot of innings for us the last couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Whew that's a lot of pitching talent out the door. Loper is a senior so no eligibility left, but Williams, Johnson, and Seidl threw a lot of innings for us the last couple of years
    Did they all decide to sign and leave?