Thread: Scoring Runs

Scoring Runs

I don't know what to say about this but Duke stands out both for the relatively low number of scoring runs we produce but also for the very low number of scoring runs we allow.
    scoring runs.jpg
    From ACCN

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I don't know what to say about this but Duke stands out both for the relatively low number of scoring runs we produce but also for the very low number of scoring runs we allow.
    scoring runs.jpg
    From ACCN
    In my opinion, both scoring runs and allowing runs are reflective of top tier guard play.

Miami at the top feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    In my opinion, both scoring runs and allowing runs are reflective of top tier guard play.

Miami at the top feels right.
    Yep, and going on scoring runs lots of the time is based on generating turnovers which leads to transition baskets often times. Duke doesn’t do that well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yep, and going on scoring runs lots of the time is based on generating turnovers which leads to transition baskets often times. Duke doesn’t do that well this year.
    Hard to go on a lot of scoring runs when you don’t cause turnovers or rebound.

I think it's also somewhat random. I mean, an 8-0 run followed by a basked for the opposition followed by a 9-0 run would be a 17-2 run. Which would be more impressive than a 10-0 run followed by a basket and then back-and-forth thereafter. But the 10-0 run would count, whereas the 17-2 run wouldn't.

That said, it's not surprising that Miami has the most, because they have streaky guards and generate turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    scoring runs.jpg
    From ACCN
    Need to hit more three-run homers.