Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    I appreciate he’s not going to say anything that can be construed as controversial but I’m looking for more than “they’re solid in all three phases, offense, defense and the kicking game. They’re extremely well coached, extremely disciplined, and we’re going to have to play our best for 60 minutes to have a chance.” Oh, and, “this was the best Sunday practice since we’ve been here”

Say nothing, but say it with, I don’t know, personality?
    we worked on the first quarter.
    April 1

It's not just the coaches folks. If I had a dollar for every time I heard some variation of "the coaches are going to give us a great game plan and we just have to go out and execute it," I could buy a condo on the beach. If you'd tell Shaka Hayward that an asteroid is heading for earth and is going to destroy civilization, his response would be the government is going to give us a great game plan and we just have to go out and execute it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It's not just the coaches folks. If I had a dollar for every time I heard some variation of "the coaches are going to give us a great game plan and we just have to go out and execute it," I could buy a condo on the beach. If you'd tell Shaka Hayward that an asteroid is heading for earth and is going to destroy civilization, his response would be the government is going to give us a great game plan and we just have to go out and execute it.
    They've all probably been to the Crash Davis cliche seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    LOL! We watched "Don't Look Up" on Netflix last night.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    LOL! We watched "Don't Look Up" on Netflix last night.
    it's quite the flick.
    April 1

Win loss prediction?

Anyone have an idea as to what to expect from a win-loss perspective this season? I can't wrap my head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCCoordinators View Post
    Anyone have an idea as to what to expect from a win-loss perspective this season?
    More losses than wins. I’d cautiously place the wins over/under at 3.5 and shy away from the over.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    More losses than wins. I’d cautiously place the wins over/under at 3.5 and shy away from the over.
    I think ozzie has the O/U on wins at 15
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by BCCoordinators View Post
    Anyone have an idea as to what to expect from a win-loss perspective this season? I can't wrap my head around it.
    With our returning players, I can’t see better than 4-8; and will predict 3-9 with one ACC win (course I predicted we’d pick up an ACC straggler win last year)

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    With our returning players, I can’t see better than 4-8; and will predict 3-9 with one ACC win (course I predicted we’d pick up an ACC straggler win last year)
    I'm being as cautiously optimistic as possible. We need to see signs of improvement. That's the key.

So much depends on how the team responds to the new coaching staff. Our talent level has certainly gone down in the past 3-4 years, but interestingly, the recruiting numbers have pretty consistent. If you believe that recruiting roughly translates into overall talent, then you would expect Duke to be able to compete with the bottom 3rd of the ACC, at least. When Cut took over, there was a much bigger talent gap than there is now, and the team improved markedly in year one. I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it is not out of the question.

Duke should favored against A&T and Temple, and could be favored at Kansas. Duke will likely be a moderate underdog at Northwestern, at BC, and at Georgia Tech. The other 6 (Miami/UNC/VT/PIT/Wake/UVA) look to be a bigger challenge. I could see Duke going 3-0 against pot 1, winning any of the games of pot 2, and possibly stealing a game from pot 3. With moderate improvement, a 4 or 5 win season isn't too hard to believe. But neither is a 1 or 2 win year.

Georgia OLine coach Matt Luke, formerly an assistant w/ Cut at Duke, has resigned his position. Don't know the reason.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Who do we have at QB? Or are going to the single wing this season?

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post

GoDuke!
    Riley Leonard and Jordan Moore both saw action in the 2021 season.
    Bob Green

GoDuke!
    Riley Leonard, Jordan Moore, and Luca Diamont
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Are we good with these boys going into the season or is Coach Elko looking for an upgrade via the portal.
    Pray if that’s the direction, it’s not a young man coming in to Chase his dreams

I trust Elko with this build.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Of those 3, who do you think will win the job if Duke doesn't get a transfer? Luca was the best runner of the 3, no? Which QB looks to be the best passer?

GoDuke!

Of those 3, who do you think will win the job if Duke doesn't get a transfer? Luca was the best runner of the 3, no? Which QB looks to be the best passer?

GoDuke!
    Riley seems to have the pole position. I would think Moore needs to be on the field in some capacity. Luca runs well but displayed not much arm strength a couple years ago, maybe he has improved.

As for Matt Luke, "the crawl" said he wants more time with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Riley seems to have the pole position. I would think Moore needs to be on the field in some capacity. Luca runs well but displayed not much arm strength a couple years ago, maybe he has improved.

Thank you for the information and I can't blame Luke for wanting more time with his family.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post

Put Luca at WR. Imagine how much he would've helped last year. Still bugs me he sat on the bench all season.