Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    This is a good move... Yes, maybe there will be a trick play, but I do not see him "tossing it long" because (IMO) it is his lack of arm strength that has him switching positions...
    I’m also not too keen on anyone but the true quarterback jump passing from the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    I’m also not too keen on anyone but the true quarterback jump passing from the backfield.
    still too soon. It's like Cut didn't think opponents would watch film on his team. Ouch.

If you're looking for a little non-basketball content to get you to Saturday, check out this great writeup/interview with Mateo Durant by Chris Rosvoglou at The Spun (Sports Illustrated offshoot I think).

https://thespun.com/acc/duke-blue-de...dar-nfl-future

The Spun: What would it mean to you to hear your name called during the draft?

MD: It would mean everything to me. I came from a small town. I just feel like it would show that my circumstances didn’t change my standards. It would mean so much to me and my family. My parents put so much hard work into this process. I’d be so happy to hear my name called in the draft.

He isn't joking about the small town, Google McCormick, SC if you aren't familiar. He talks about it at some length in his interview with the Section 17 podcast which has been mentioned before and comes highly recommended (if I got mixed up and that was from a different podcast interview my apologies ).

https://anchor.fm/duke-football-talk...erview-e1bvb61

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    If you're looking for a little non-basketball content to get you to Saturday, check out this great writeup/interview with Mateo Durant by Chris Rosvoglou at The Spun (Sports Illustrated offshoot I think).

https://thespun.com/acc/duke-blue-de...dar-nfl-future

He isn't joking about the small town, Google McCormick, SC if you aren't familiar. He talks about it at some length in his interview with the Section 17 podcast which has been mentioned before and comes highly recommended (if I got mixed up and that was from a different podcast interview my apologies ).

https://anchor.fm/duke-football-talk...erview-e1bvb61
    That was a good interview with Durant. Can't wait to see him in the NFL.

If you are going to mention that play, you have to submit a warning first. Everyone who reads it will suffer DFPTJPS - Duke Football Post-Traumatic Jump Pass Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by BCCoordinators View Post
    If you are going to mention that play, you have to submit a warning first. Everyone who reads it will suffer DFPTJPS - Duke Football Post-Traumatic Jump Pass Syndrome.
    AMEN to that...and while we're on the topic...I'd like to hope that the new staff will allow normal plays to be run inside the 10....at least the threat of normal plays. No putting the QB out as a wasted WR ...no putting the "he keeps the ball 99% of the time" QB in every time we cross the ten......you know...just play normal football inside the 10...at least some of the time.

Spring Game, get there early!

Got my email announcement from Duke about the Spring game and got a chortle out of the promise that the first 4,000 fans into WW will get a free t-shirt.
    Which begs the question, have we ever had 4,000 fans at a Spring game? 1000? And if not, might the first 1000 fans each get four t-shirts? I need to understand the math on this...

Got my email announcement from Duke about the Spring game and got a chortle out of the promise that the first 4,000 fans into WW will get a free t-shirt.
    Which begs the question, have we ever had 4,000 fans at a Spring game? 1000? And if not, might the first 1000 fans each get four t-shirts? I need to understand the math on this...
    I think there were some reasonably well attended spring games early in Cut's tenure, although it has been to long for me to make a decent guess as to whether it topped 4k or not.

Edit: I'll add that I think there is a good enthusiasm around the program right now, and probably a lot of Duke fans looking to get a certain taste out of there mouth. I expect a decent turnout this year.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I LOVE the T-shirts!

SpringGame.jpg

G.R.I.N.D

Also tossing it out again that we'll be tailgating that day with our grill and BBQ/chicken/hotdogs on the menu. (I'm sure this won't be the last said tossing before "game day".)
    Just please let me know of your attendance here so I don't let you starve while you stare at the rest of us cleaning up our plates.
    http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6088
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Sadly some folks won't be able to attend the game as that's the 2nd night of Passover and some will be doing a Seder.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Sadly some folks won't be able to attend the game as that's the 2nd night of Passover and some will be doing a Seder.
    yes, and some are 800 miles away and couldn't stand another horrific airline experience (I've you've read about people being stranded for numerous days in Florida, I've been there and done that).

It's too bad they didn't do it this weekend to align it with reunion - might have helped attendance.

Memories of the 1991 Duke/UNLV game. Ah yes!

Larry
    DevilHorse

Or attending the Easter Vigil Mass with the Catholic spouse.
    Next up, Temple.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Spring Game is in the actual Spring, and it's an actual "game". (And it's televised.)

Even if I weren't able to be there in person, I'd be happy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    AMEN to that...and while we're on the topic...I'd like to hope that the new staff will allow normal plays to be run inside the 10...at least the threat of normal plays. No putting the QB out as a wasted WR ...no putting the "he keeps the ball 99% of the time" QB in every time we cross the ten...you know...just play normal football inside the 10...at least some of the time.
    Agree 100%. My view is ... RUN THE D--N BALL. IT WORKS.

Agree 100%. My view is ... RUN THE D--N BALL. IT WORKS.
    I get the sense this coaching staff will eschew cutesy gimmicky and opt for unpredictable smash mouth. And for the record, there will be no further references to any failed jump passes from moi.

I get the sense this coaching staff will eschew cutesy gimmicky and opt for unpredictable smash mouth. And for the record, there will be no further references to any failed jump passes from moi.
    Amen, that horse has been beaten to death, time to move on.

I hope we do away with the gimmicks. Just beat the other team on the line and try to be more physical. Latina always talked about how you have to be physical. That's what this team has to do.

I hope we do away with the gimmicks. Just beat the other team on the line and try to be more physical. Latina always talked about how you have to be physical. That's what this team has to do.
    There's always a place for the occasional trick play...but what I never got about Cut was he'd watch the team rip down the field with big gainers left and right, then feel compelled to do something tricky instead of sticking with what was working.